Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,193

Field_Of_Streams

Scrummer wrote:

@Field_Of_Streams Try out the Yoku's Island Express demo. I just did last night and now I plan on getting it soon.

Thanks! I have the demo downloading as I type.

Field

Field_Of_Streams

Field_Of_Streams

Has anyone played Iconoclasts yet? Based on the review I watched, it looked like it would be worth the price of admission. Has anyone played the game yet?

Thanks

SG

Field_Of_Streams

Krull

@Moroboshi876 Haven't got Toki Tori, and never had a Wii U, but I enjoyed the heck out of Toki Tori 2+ on Switch. I honestly don't see how touch controls would have added anything. It barely uses any buttons as it is, as the controls are incredibly simple. The game itself, however, is anything but - it's a brilliantly opaque puzzler.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

outback

I've never played bayonetta games. Are they worth it? If yes, do you suggest me to play bayonetta 1 and then 2 or just go for 2?

outback

Moroboshi876

@Krull so you'd recommend me to buy both on Switch taking advantage of the current sale?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Kaile

@outback Definitely worth it, they are pretty much one of the best games in this genre. If you like hacknslash games, you will like it for sure.
I would start with the first one as it is also a very good game(and second one is even better). Not sure about eshop but if you buy bayonetta 2 physical, you get download code for the first Bayonetta so you can get both for a price of one.

Kaile

Krull

@Moroboshi876 Again, not played the first one, but the second is excellent. They're fairly different games with different puzzle mechanics and level formats, from what I gather. Toki Tori 2+ is excellent, though. I recommend it heartily - but you'll need to show some patience with it. It doesn't give up its secrets easily. And stay away from walkthroughs! They will completely ruin it for you!

Moroboshi876

@Krull I might purchase the first one on Wii U, because its base price is lower than Switch version on sale and there aren't differences.

As for the second one, now it's on sale, but it costs 15 usually, too much for a digital game that is sequel to a game three times cheaper. Something suspicious about it. Smells like a future retail bundle and I hate it.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Dugu

I'm hesitating to buy Celeste. Is it worth the buy? Will it become tedious/boring after a while?

The games that I play are: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Arms, Zelda: BotW, Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania. I have finally 100%'d all of them!

Please add me! SW-7666-6692-9100

bixente

One of the best games on the Switch. Go for it.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

outback

I'd like a suggestion for what metroidvania play after salt % sanctuary (which i loved so much).
I like graphics of both and i like dead cells mechanics very much but im not a great fan of speedy games with too much things happenings on the screen at the same time.
On the other hand i fear iconoclasts could be too much story based. I'm not inclined too much in reading long dialogues.
Am i wrong on those valutations, what do you suggest to me?

outback

Krull

@outback Hollow Knight, if you haven't already got it. Might be the best Metroidvania I've ever played, and definitely the best one on Switch. Other than that and the ones you mentioned, there's also Axiom Verge, the Shantae games and a number of others. But Hollow Knight gets my vote.

GoldenGamer88

Shall I go for Dead Cells or Okami HD?

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

FaeKnight

Okay, I currently am playing Uno (on occasion), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Hyrule Warriors, Disgaea 5 Complete, and pinball via 3 tables on Pinball FX3. And I just completed a "true ending" playthrough of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. No, it's not a 100% playthrough. No freaking way a I hunting down 900 of those dang seeds, especially since I didn't feel the need to turn in the last 27 out of 57 I'd found. Also just finished up Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker (feels like I paid too much for that one).

I play a lot of RPGs, platformers (good ones anyway), and action games. With the occasional first person shooter. I've also been known to spend hours at a time playing good puzzle games. Heck, every time I load up Doctor Mario on my 3DS I end up losing a good 12 hours. Any suggestions on what I should buy next month?

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@FaeKnight If you like platformers and haven't played Super Mario Odyssey, that's a must-buy. And I've heard good things about Lumines, so that might be worth checking out if you want a good puzzle game on Switch.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

FaeKnight

Odyssey was one of the reasons I bought a Switch The other two main ones were Zelda BoTW and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. And when it releases I'm intending to get Super Mario Party. I tried the demo of the mini-game collection on 3DS and thought they were decent enough, so decided I want to get Super Mario Party. Was a little bummed it's not out yet. It'll be my first time ever getting or playing one of the series.

FaeKnight

SKTTR

Triple AAA Games for Switch - Second Half 2018

Dark Souls Remastered (Bandai Namco)
Diablo III - Eternal Collection (Activision)
Disgaea 1 Complete (NIS America)
Dragonball FighterZ (Bandai Namco)
FIFA 19 (Electronic Arts)
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Capcom)
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu! (Nintendo)
Pokémon Let's Go Eevee! (Nintendo)
Starlink: Battle for Atlast (Ubisoft)
Super Mario Party (Nintendo)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo)
The World Ends With You -Final Remix- (Nintendo)
Undertale (Fangamer)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna: The Golden Country (Nintendo)

Anything else?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

FaeKnight

Dag nabbit, another Monster Hunter release to tempt me...

I already have Monster Hunter (original game), MH Freedom Unite, MH4 Ultimate, and Monster Hunter World. And am trying to track down a copy of Monster Hunter Freedom (the enhanced PSP port of the original monster hunter game)

FaeKnight

FaeKnight

I've been a huge MH fan since the original game. Still annoyed that the servers got shut down despite there being a large player base. But it then moved to hand held consoles only, and I didn't have those consoles. So I couldn't play the new games.

I bought the 3DS because I had MHW pre-ordered on XB1 months in advance, but was too impatient. So I got a 3DS and MH4U. Then when I had the money, I bought a PS VIta. And one of the first games I bought for it was MH Freedom Unite. Which I'd initially thought was an upgraded port (again) of the original game with offline ability to do multiplayer content and active multiplayer servers. I was pleased to see it's it's own game. And still has an active online community.

FaeKnight

bluemage1989

Best Neo Geo sport game on Switch??

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic