Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 677

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir wrote:

Anyone played Stardew Valley and could say how it compares with the PS1 Harvest Moon?

Well...
Stardew Valley used Harvest Moon SNES style graphics. Very 2D.

Meanwhile, Harvest Moon PS1 (Harvest Moon Back to Nature) used Isometric 2D Style with N64 3D style. Similar with Harvest Moon N64.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

darkfenrir

Anyone ever played Golf Story?

Does the gameplay feel repetitive?

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Scrummer

@darkfenrir I loved it. The gameplay never did end up feeling repetitive, as there's a ton of variety in the courses you play on.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Orin41

Any recommendations for racing games that aren’t Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Fast RMX (have the first on Wii U and don’t care about Battle Modes. Have the predecessor of the second and don’t care for it)?

Orin41

Mrtoad

How is The Longest Five Minutes and is it worth the price?

Mrtoad

andrew20

Is pokken good

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

p123mika

Hi I want to know which is better and why, I know how much they are worth but that doesn’t matter.
I have an overall of 30 bucks and I want to get one of this games and if is Celeste the one I choose I want also an coop game (I would like your opinion in that also).
Which one should I choose?

p123mika

p123mika

Shovel knight or Celeste?

p123mika

Tiefseemiez

@andrew20
I cannot really judge, though I had the Wii U version. I am not that much into fighting games. If you like Pokemon and Tekken, it is very likely that you like the game.
I played it a couple of times with friends and some time solo and liked it for the time it lasted. I am not the kind of person that puts a lot of ambition into fighting games, so I never quite got the hang of it and thus I lost interest.

Also I'd like to hear some opinions on:

Kingdom: New Land
I like its aesthetics and I think I might like the gameplay too, if it's not too towerdefensy.
Is it worth the reduced price? Will the fun last a while or will it become boring quickly?

Earthlock
This one looks really great and I love some of the designs, though some seem more generic. The big question for me though is, if the story is alright. From the looks of it it reminds me a little of Bravely Default and that one had terribly cheesy characters and dialogue.
Generally I do like over-the-top cheesiness as in Xenoblade and Disgaea, but not when it takes itself too seriously.

Edited on by Tiefseemiez

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

SuperJoon

Was looking to get my racing fix with Gear Club Unlimited. Would people recommend it? Getting mixed feelings from it

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Scottie

Hi there, is ACA NEOGEO Super Sidekicks 2 any good? This was released this week. I like football games but not sure I want to take the plunge yet!! Thanks in advance for any replies.

Scottie

May_Nyan

I'm wondering about recomendations for Switch eshop games that aren't available on steam (since I already own most of the good ones that are, and I prioritize steam for the ones I don't own yet)

May_Nyan

EvilLucario

@May_Nyan Blaster Master Zero is decent if you want a nice and comfortable Metroidvania. It's not very hard (unless on Destroyer Mode, but that's not-fun hard) though, and it only takes like 4-5 hours on your first playthrough. The replayability isn't as good as I'd like it to have, too.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Krull

@May_Nyan Further to EvilLucario's tip, pretty much all those Inti Creates games - Blaster Master Zero, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Azure Striker Gunvolt, etc - are good, budget Switch eShop games. I enjoyed BMZ the most, though.

Probably the best Switch eShop exclusive, though, is Golf Story. There aren't many exclusives on the eShop admittedly, but that is a genuinely great game. Apart from that, you're probably looking at Nintendo-published titles like Snipperclips or Bayonetta 2.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

i-mnotfred

I have never played an RPG before...for some reason they always seemed really complex and terrifying...but I recently bought a switch, my first console since my snes(!), and I have this new found appetite for trying types of games I never would have done before....so....I would like a recommendation for a good 'my first RPG' on the Switch....I'm sure that's a loaded question, but any answers are welcome...

Thanks!

i-mnotfred

darkfenrir

@i-mnotfred I think you can try to test the Octopath Traveler demo at the eshop! It's going to come at July 13th, but that way you can give yourself a taste whether you'll enjoy it or not

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic