Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 674

Dogorilla

@WestTexan Yeah it's DLC. It also includes a bunch of new items, a fairly lengthy new main quest, and a combat challenge called Trial of the Sword. You can buy it by going to the BotW page on the eShop, it costs £18 which I think is about $20.

I'd say don't worry about getting it just for the hard mode though. If you're new to open world games then the normal difficulty should be enough for you. Maybe wait until you've finished the game to make sure you like it (I'm sure you will) before buying the DLC.

Currently Playing: WarioWare Smooth Moves

ReadytoShock

@Scrummer Robonauts, haven't played it myself but heard lots of good things about it. It's currently -80 %

ReadytoShock

LuckyLand

@MarcelRguez I don't think there is anything "standard" in a 3 heart run of BOTW

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

darkfenrir

Anyone played Stardew Valley and could say how it compares with the PS1 Harvest Moon?

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

SKTTR

toiletduck wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

Xenoblade 2 grabbed me after 50 hours and the third update. It started to turn from disappointing into really awesome.

Hmm... Might have to give XC2 another shot then I stopped after about 30-40 hrs in, also disappointed... What made you like it eventually?

I liked it because the characters and storyline began to unfold in a much better way than the first four, five chapters would make you believe.
Also, the bugs and map and blade cutscenes were updated and other extras were added to make a better gameplay experience.

The feeling of getting stronger was another cool thing. Unlocking all of the chests or burning down bushes (etc.) was one of the things that turned from an annoyance into an addiciton.
Combat was at first unexciting and slow, but it turns into to a deep, fast, action-packed version as well. Just level up and get stronger weapons, better skills, arts, and a better understanding of the combo system and the elements.
Yeah, it's an excellent game if you keep at it.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

oninowon

I have enough money for a 2nd Switch game and am undecided between DOOM and Wolfenstein. This is a question for those who bought both for the Switch.... Which of the 2 do you prefer more and why?

oninowon

cambotero

@oninowon Wolfestein isn't even out yet... and I think there isn't a release date.
On the other hand, Doom is available and you can probably find it discounted.

If you want the game now, you'll have to go for Doom. And if you can wait... then you'll have to decide between them.

Personally, I'd buy Doom now and enjoy. It's a lot of fun with motion controls!!!

cambotero

Davey1988

Which glass screen protector would people recommend?

Davey1988

mist

I recommend Adventure Pals. It’s a really sweet game and suitable for all ages and skill levels.

mist

MarcelRguez

@oninowon They're very different games. Wolfenstein is much more story-focused, Doom feels more arcadey somewhat.

Doom also feels more polished, in my experience. The gunplay in Wolfenstein is much weaker and there's something about the gameplay-to-cutscene transitions I find kind of jarring. Difficulty is all over the place in Wolfenstein too: while in Doom I had the urge to move onto higher differences because of how compelling the combat was, in Wolfenstein I ended up dropping the difficulty from "Bring 'em on!" to the easiest difficulty because the combat was getting in the way of the pacing of the game and the story.

So yeah, very different games. Doom has the best shooting and levels, Wolfenstein has the best script and characters. They complement each other very well, but Doom is my favorite, easily.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Late

I know this is kind of random but has anyone played Hototogisu Tairan 1553: Ryuuko Aiutsu? It came out this week in Japan and I'm kind of intrigued. It looks like some kind of Fire Emblem and Nobunaga's Ambition card game hybrid. I'm just wondering if someone has played it and could tell me more about the game. If it's any good and how hard would it be to play it if I can't read Japanese. I know katakana and hiragana + couple of words here and there but that's as far as my Japanese goes. I don't expect to get an answer but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Linkus

Which of these games do you recommend the most?
Danmaku unlimited 3
Tengai
Dragon blaze
I need a good shmup for the weekend ☺

Linkus

LuckyLand

@Linkus I like Dragon Blaze a lot, I prefer fantasy themed shmup

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Linkus

@LuckyLand Thanks for the tip, it looks really good and reminds me a little of some of the snes shmups.

Linkus

JamTarty

Would anyone recommend Fifa 18 on the switch? I was hoping there would be a demo to check it out so I'm just curious.

JamTarty

Switch Friend Code: SW-7113-0597-6708 | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

@JamTarty yes go for it. It’s great on the switch. Plus I don’t know if the offer is still there but Argos was selling it for 21.99

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

As gamers we never die. We always have spare 1ups here and there and everywhere

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

EightyTwoStu

Pay day! And I don't know what to buy next....
I've whittled it down to Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but I just can't decide!!
What you guys think?

EightyTwoStu

Nintendo Network ID: Pirate.Stu | Twitter:

toiletduck

JamTarty wrote:

Would anyone recommend Fifa 18 on the switch? I was hoping there would be a demo to check it out so I'm just curious.

Check the Fifa 18 thread if you're still unsure, a lot of positivity going on there.

toiletduck

Anti-Matter

EightyTwoStu wrote:

Pay day! And I don't know what to buy next....
I've whittled it down to Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but I just can't decide!!
What you guys think?

Super Mario Odyssey.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic