Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 2,206

Late

I know this is kind of random but has anyone played Hototogisu Tairan 1553: Ryuuko Aiutsu? It came out this week in Japan and I'm kind of intrigued. It looks like some kind of Fire Emblem and Nobunaga's Ambition card game hybrid. I'm just wondering if someone has played it and could tell me more about the game. If it's any good and how hard would it be to play it if I can't read Japanese. I know katakana and hiragana + couple of words here and there but that's as far as my Japanese goes. I don't expect to get an answer but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Linkus

Which of these games do you recommend the most?
Danmaku unlimited 3
Tengai
Dragon blaze
I need a good shmup for the weekend ☺

Linkus

LuckyLand

@Linkus I like Dragon Blaze a lot, I prefer fantasy themed shmup

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Linkus

@LuckyLand Thanks for the tip, it looks really good and reminds me a little of some of the snes shmups.

Linkus

JamTarty

Would anyone recommend Fifa 18 on the switch? I was hoping there would be a demo to check it out so I'm just curious.

JamTarty

Switch Friend Code: SW-7113-0597-6708 | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

@JamTarty yes go for it. It’s great on the switch. Plus I don’t know if the offer is still there but Argos was selling it for 21.99

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

EightyTwoStu

Pay day! And I don't know what to buy next....
I've whittled it down to Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but I just can't decide!!
What you guys think?

EightyTwoStu

Nintendo Network ID: Pirate.Stu | Twitter:

toiletduck

JamTarty wrote:

Would anyone recommend Fifa 18 on the switch? I was hoping there would be a demo to check it out so I'm just curious.

Check the Fifa 18 thread if you're still unsure, a lot of positivity going on there.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Anti-Matter

EightyTwoStu wrote:

Pay day! And I don't know what to buy next....
I've whittled it down to Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but I just can't decide!!
What you guys think?

Super Mario Odyssey.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir wrote:

Anyone played Stardew Valley and could say how it compares with the PS1 Harvest Moon?

Well...
Stardew Valley used Harvest Moon SNES style graphics. Very 2D.

Meanwhile, Harvest Moon PS1 (Harvest Moon Back to Nature) used Isometric 2D Style with N64 3D style. Similar with Harvest Moon N64.

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir

Anyone ever played Golf Story?

Does the gameplay feel repetitive?

darkfenrir

Scrummer

@darkfenrir I loved it. The gameplay never did end up feeling repetitive, as there's a ton of variety in the courses you play on.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Toy_Link

How is The Longest Five Minutes and is it worth the price?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

SuperJoon

@Orin41 Mantis Burn Racing. Loved it. Top Down arcade style racer and a very nice looking one too.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

TOUGHDUDE94

Is pokken good

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

p123mika

Hi I want to know which is better and why, I know how much they are worth but that doesn’t matter.
I have an overall of 30 bucks and I want to get one of this games and if is Celeste the one I choose I want also an coop game (I would like your opinion in that also).
Which one should I choose?

p123mika

p123mika

Shovel knight or Celeste?

p123mika

Tiefseemiez

@andrew20
I cannot really judge, though I had the Wii U version. I am not that much into fighting games. If you like Pokemon and Tekken, it is very likely that you like the game.
I played it a couple of times with friends and some time solo and liked it for the time it lasted. I am not the kind of person that puts a lot of ambition into fighting games, so I never quite got the hang of it and thus I lost interest.

Also I'd like to hear some opinions on:

Kingdom: New Land
I like its aesthetics and I think I might like the gameplay too, if it's not too towerdefensy.
Is it worth the reduced price? Will the fun last a while or will it become boring quickly?

Earthlock
This one looks really great and I love some of the designs, though some seem more generic. The big question for me though is, if the story is alright. From the looks of it it reminds me a little of Bravely Default and that one had terribly cheesy characters and dialogue.
Generally I do like over-the-top cheesiness as in Xenoblade and Disgaea, but not when it takes itself too seriously.

Edited on by Tiefseemiez

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic