darkfenrir

@Scrummer No prob! ^^ Enjoy the game!

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

DenDen

BCP for me !

DenDen

javman05

I loved takes of abyss on 3ds and was looking for a story driven RPG on switch. I've skyrim however are there any others you'd recommend

Mario/Kart/Fifa player amongst others

Add away SW-0735-9217-1217

toiletduck

I've picked up the 30-in-1 collection for some couch action with friends. So far it hasn't disappointed! Mainly bought it for airhockey and balloon battle. Both are a lot of fun. I've only played with two players yet and I haven't put much time in any of the other minigames. Just my 2cts!

toiletduck

Krull

@javman05 Story-driven RPG, and you already have Skyrim? There's really just the one obvious choice right now, but at least it's a really good one: Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It's as JRPG as they come - and in the best possible way.

Other than that, it's really just the Tokyo RPG Factory games (or Kemco if you're desperate), but there's plenty more to come: Ys VIII, Atelier, Octopath Traveller, Pillars of the Earth II, Shin Megami Tensei V (eventually).

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

darkfenrir

@javman05 For future game, there's even Shining Resonance Refrain to pick up too, since Krull already said the other games I want to recommend

It'll be out around Summer last Sega talked about it.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

SKTTR

There's nothing desparate about Kemco's JRPGs. They have the style, gameplay, and content (30-40 hours for one playthrough) of the old classics and they're underpriced for what they're worth. Some of them could use better graphics, sure, but I enjoy the characters, gameplay and story which is far more important..I enjoy them more than what I played from the RPG Factory games (and even Skyrim). Most of the Exe-Create games are nice throwbacks to simpler SNES-style games. They're not 10/10 classics like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy, they're more like a good 8/10 RPG of that era.
While others dig all the new oldschool shmups, I dig all the new oldschool JRPGS, and especially those made by Kemco.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Krull

So, with Hyrule Warriors on the way, what is the best musou game on Switch? I'll just add that I have zero history with Fire Emblem, unlike Zelda or One Piece, say, so the characters and fan service would mean nothing to me. Can I get comparisons with and without fan service, please?

miiandmario

I have a $20 eshop card waiting to be spent. I'm thinking of getting either Stardew Valley or A Night in The Woods. Can anyone who has played either offer their opinion/suggestion?

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Tiefseemiez

@miiandmario
Both are great games. Both are pretty laid back.

Stardew Valley needs a LONG time to finish and is a good game to put down and come back to, probably. Though in the beginning it is immensely addicting. It really has a lot to offer gameplaywise. You can totally ignore half of the activities and still be happily occupied for a long time. Me and my boyfriend played simultaneausly and differed a lot on what we did and tried to achieve.
The artstyle was not really to my taste, but it is rather charming for what it is.

Night in the Woods is also a game that I absolutely loved and that made quite an impression on me. There really is not that much gameplay, except for a couple of minigames. It's all about exploration and storytelling. And I think that this game has the best writing I ever saw in a video game (and one of the best of any medium, probably). I don't know how happy I am with how the story finale is solved, but the characters are all very relatable and I think most people can identify with a lot of their issues, thoughts and humor. It is a game that made me smile a lot, but also touches a lot of difficult and important topics (most regarding mental health). I loved the art style and the music, by the way!

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Ryzaerian

Nine Parchments is 30% off right now. Really fun game if you like online co-op.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

BongoBongo123

I have some money to spend on the Switch eshop, Any good adventure games or 3D platformers? I have odyssey and BOTW...

BongoBongo123

Scrummer

@miiandmario I've played Stardew Valley, and it's a very addictive game. If you liked things like Harvest moon, I'd say get it. Unfortunately, I haven't played Night in the Woods, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Krull

@BongoBongo123 The eShop is still a bit light on 3D platformers. There's Yooka-Laylee, if you fancy it, though I gather it's more decent than outstanding.

Adventure is such a broad category, it's a struggle to suggest something without more criteria. Does Skyrim count? It's basically a Zelda RPG. Blossom Tales is probably the best facsimile of a 2D Zelda so far. Thimbleweed Park is a top-class point-and-click adventure. Bayonetta 1&2 represent the acme of the action-adventure category. The world's your oyster.

miiandmario

@430Tiefseemiez @433Scrummer Thanks for the responses! It seems with whatever I choose I'll have a good time. I have a very tough decision make....

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Tiefseemiez

@miiandmario
Maybe wait until tomorrow anyway?
I would guess that there will be some sort of sale in the US aswell (in Europe there is a big one).
You might be able to get a bargain on one or the other or even both.
Both have been out for a while and have never been on sale so far (in the EU).

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Hallonblad

Hi lovely people! I'm thinking of expanding my library a little and am considering Attack on Titan 2. It seems fun and it looks good enough, but considering it (hopefully) is fairly action-heavy I worry about huge drops in frame rate, especially in handheld mode as I lately have been playing my Switch almost exclusively as a handheld. Anyone knows if this is a problem or are my concerns unwarranted? I don't throw a fit over minor drops, or even heavier ones if they are few and far between, but I do need the game to be playable.

I only have Nintendo consoles, so buying it for PS4/Xbox One where it potentially would be less of a problem is not an option.

Also thinking of picking up a few eshop titles during the sale. Any recommendations? I would love an RPG or five, but am mostly up for anything.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

LuckyLand

Hallonblad wrote:

Also thinking of picking up a few eshop titles during the sale. Any recommendations? I would love an RPG or five, but am mostly up for anything.

Buy Skyrim. We (or me at least anyway ) need to convince them to remake Oblivion!!! Buying Skyrim looks like a good place to strart. And it is a fun game with a lot of content and an incredible amount of playtime

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Scrummer

@Hallonblad I would definitely recommend SteamWorld Dig 2.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

OfNullAndVoid

After seeing the article about Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, I am wondering how difficult the game is. I've heard that it can be difficult, but I heard the same about Shovel Knight & Plague Knight, and both weren't to bad in terms of difficulty. Can anyone tell me if they found DK:TF more or less difficult compared to Shovel Knight, or about the same?

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic