Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 2,193

BongoBongo123

I have some money to spend on the Switch eshop, Any good adventure games or 3D platformers? I have odyssey and BOTW...

BongoBongo123

Scrummer

@miiandmario I've played Stardew Valley, and it's a very addictive game. If you liked things like Harvest moon, I'd say get it. Unfortunately, I haven't played Night in the Woods, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Krull

@BongoBongo123 The eShop is still a bit light on 3D platformers. There's Yooka-Laylee, if you fancy it, though I gather it's more decent than outstanding.

Adventure is such a broad category, it's a struggle to suggest something without more criteria. Does Skyrim count? It's basically a Zelda RPG. Blossom Tales is probably the best facsimile of a 2D Zelda so far. Thimbleweed Park is a top-class point-and-click adventure. Bayonetta 1&2 represent the acme of the action-adventure category. The world's your oyster.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

miiandmario

@430Tiefseemiez @433Scrummer Thanks for the responses! It seems with whatever I choose I'll have a good time. I have a very tough decision make....

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Tiefseemiez

@miiandmario
Maybe wait until tomorrow anyway?
I would guess that there will be some sort of sale in the US aswell (in Europe there is a big one).
You might be able to get a bargain on one or the other or even both.
Both have been out for a while and have never been on sale so far (in the EU).

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Hallonblad

Hi lovely people! I'm thinking of expanding my library a little and am considering Attack on Titan 2. It seems fun and it looks good enough, but considering it (hopefully) is fairly action-heavy I worry about huge drops in frame rate, especially in handheld mode as I lately have been playing my Switch almost exclusively as a handheld. Anyone knows if this is a problem or are my concerns unwarranted? I don't throw a fit over minor drops, or even heavier ones if they are few and far between, but I do need the game to be playable.

I only have Nintendo consoles, so buying it for PS4/Xbox One where it potentially would be less of a problem is not an option.

Also thinking of picking up a few eshop titles during the sale. Any recommendations? I would love an RPG or five, but am mostly up for anything.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

LuckyLand

Hallonblad wrote:

Also thinking of picking up a few eshop titles during the sale. Any recommendations? I would love an RPG or five, but am mostly up for anything.

Buy Skyrim. We (or me at least anyway ) need to convince them to remake Oblivion!!! Buying Skyrim looks like a good place to strart. And it is a fun game with a lot of content and an incredible amount of playtime

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Scrummer

@Hallonblad I would definitely recommend SteamWorld Dig 2.

Scrummer

OfNullAndVoid

After seeing the article about Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, I am wondering how difficult the game is. I've heard that it can be difficult, but I heard the same about Shovel Knight & Plague Knight, and both weren't to bad in terms of difficulty. Can anyone tell me if they found DK:TF more or less difficult compared to Shovel Knight, or about the same?

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

bluemage1989

@OfNullAndVoid I'd say Donkey Kong for me was more occasionally frustrating as opposed to difficult. Shovel Knight was more technical but was consistently building up the difficulty or so I found anyway. I'd say buy DK:TF and with the new Funky mode (which like other games I feel is no shame in using) should it be to frustrating you can switch to a more relaxing difficulty.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@miiandmario for the music, writing and art style A Night in the Woods is a fantastic game well worth it. The story resonanted with my own experiences at the same age and I think a lot of people can find the characters both funny and relatable.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@Hallonblad not RPGs but would strongly suggest Axiom Verge, Oxenfree and Night in the Woods. Some of my favourite games in years.

bluemage1989

Hallonblad

@LuckyLand I'll probably get a physical copy of Skyrim at some point, to save space on my SD card (it's filling up faster than I had anticipated as is.) XD

@Scrummer Already have it. I don't have Heist yet though. Any thoughts on that one?

@bluemage1989 I've heard of all three I believe (and good things too.) I might go for Axiom Verge, but the other two are not on sale this time. I don't mind paying full price, but right now I want to go for the ones on sale and maybe get an extra game or two instead.

Thank you all for helping out. I think I'll drop by the AOT2 thread to ask for some opinions on the game.

#supercasualgamer

Scrummer

@Hallonblad Nope, don't have Heist, but am strongly considering getting it for the sale. It looks like fun.

Scrummer

Krull

@Hallonblad As a card-carrying Swede, you have a duty to get SteamWorld Heist! @Scrummer I don't know about your nationality, but I advise you do the same. Super game, that makes turn-based strategy an absolute pleasure. Can't recommend it highly enough, if you haven't played it. The music's pretty good, too.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

bluemage1989

@Hallonblad haha sorry didn't read your post properly yeah not on sale. I was a little dubious myself when I saw the price on both having heard there both fairly short. Oxenfree does have pretty good replay value though to fully understand the story.

Axiom Verge has an incredible atmosphere really repressive and unsettling but the gameplay is tight and I never felt like I didn't have complete control. Have yo finish this soon so can't comment on the late game but from all I played have to say it could be just as good as Metroid.

bluemage1989

OfNullAndVoid

@bluemage1989 Thanks for the info. As for using easy modes in games, I have no issue in using them. To me a game has to be fun to play, and if the difficulty gets in the way of having said fun, I will lower it if possible and continue.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

bluemage1989

@OfNullAndVoid as you probably saw from trailers it looks great and the level design is the best since the original Donkey Countries (which I loved) in my opinion. I wasn't going to get this again but remembering it so fondly mskes me think yeah maybe I should and this time 100% it. A game has to be pretty great to make me buy twice.

bluemage1989

Hallonblad

@Krull I have not let you down, my fellow countryman. I have officially bought SteamWorld Heist, though not yet played it so. XD I shall assume it is awesome until proven wrong

@bluemage1989 No worries, it's not the price per se that is the problem. Just, while the sale is going on I'd rather buy more for cheaper than less for more expensive - no matter if the game is worth the higher price tag or no. I'll just pick them up later when I have the extra money to spend. ^-^ Did get Axiom Verge though, it looks excellent.

#supercasualgamer

bluemage1989

@Hallonblad really hope you enjoy everything you pick up in the sale. Enjoy Axiom.

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic