Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 2,207

darkfenrir

@SuperJoon I would really recommend it- but one of the thing is, if you feel the combat isn't too deep, I would say try to give it some time and to look at it deeper if you have unlocked everything, it's surprisingly deep once you let it run its course of tutorials.

Give an open mind and let the game bring you in (and being patient) and it'll reward you hard XD

The deeper I go into the story, the more I love it...

darkfenrir

Kiolu100

@LuckyLand @Dogorilla @Krull Thanks for the suggestions, I went ahead and picked up Stardew Valley and Axiom Verge. Loving them so far!

I've still got some cash on my account left. After I clear through my massive backlog I'll pick up Thumper, it looks really interesting and I'm a sucker for rhythm games.

Kiolu100

SuperJoon

darkfenrir wrote:

@SuperJoon I would really recommend it- but one of the thing is, if you feel the combat isn't too deep, I would say try to give it some time and to look at it deeper if you have unlocked everything, it's surprisingly deep once you let it run its course of tutorials.

Give an open mind and let the game bring you in (and being patient) and it'll reward you hard XD

The deeper I go into the story, the more I love it...

Nice, thanks for that. 👍

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

02stampede

Which eshop games have active online multiplayer? Thanks

02stampede

cambotero

@SuperJoon Strongly recommended! It's one of the best JRPGs I've ever played... long, complex, different and with a very emotional story. I'd say this game is one of my personal top 3 for the Switch, with Zelda BOTW and Mario Odissey.

cambotero

toiletduck

Mario + Rabbids is available now for €32,99 in the Netherlands (retail). Seems like pretty good value. I'm in doubt though... From the movies and reviews I've checked, it doesn't really seem like 'my kind of game'. Point is though, that I've read many reviews stating the exact same thing: 'really didn't expect to like it, but I did!'

What's the risk here?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

noobish_hat

Can't recommend it because I haven't played it yet, but Flame in the Flood is half price on the US eShop now, and I've heard good things.

noobish_hat

toiletduck

toiletduck wrote:

Mario + Rabbids is available now for €32,99 in the Netherlands (retail). Seems like pretty good value. I'm in doubt though... From the movies and reviews I've checked, it doesn't really seem like 'my kind of game'. Point is though, that I've read many reviews stating the exact same thing: 'really didn't expect to like it, but I did!'

What's the risk here?

Hmm so hard to say something sensible about this?

toiletduck

Scrummer

@toiletduck If you don't really like strategy games, don't get this. If you haven't ever played a strategy game and think it might be fun, give it a shot.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

SuperJoon

cambotero wrote:

@SuperJoon Strongly recommended! It's one of the best JRPGs I've ever played... long, complex, different and with a very emotional story. I'd say this game is one of my personal top 3 for the Switch, with Zelda BOTW and Mario Odissey.

Much appreciated, have purchased today. Just waiting for it to download. 👍🏻😁

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

bluemage1989

Anyone can recommend something based off game shows/quizs/boardgames?? Other than monopoly.

bluemage1989

toiletduck

@Scrummer thanks, think I'll skip it then. The Rabbids guns and stuff don't appeal to me enough to try a strategy like this.

toiletduck

zitpig

toiletduck wrote:

What's the risk here?

It's one of the best games on the Switch. I've played it for 110+ hours, although it's fair to say that I haven;t tried rushing through it. I've collected every collectable item, beaten every level to earn gold and found every single treasure chest. I'm just getting clobbered on the last Ultra battle. But I keep going back for more. I really can't wait for the DLC.

I really can't recommend this game enough; especially if you've every played and enjoyed the X-COM games.

zitpig

toiletduck

@zitpig I've never played anything X-COM related. Heck, I've never put many hours in any turn-based strategy (only in turn-based RPG's). For now I think I'll give it a pass. I've actually decided to put some Switch €'s in XC2. I might get M+R later, who knows...

toiletduck

zitpig

@toiletduck - TBF, I only put so many hours into it as I wanted to see and get everything the game offered. I've always been a fan of X-COM (from the Amiga years onwards) and TBS games as a whole. But yeah, if you're not sure, then wait.

zitpig

kivele

Hi everyone!

I would like to know what switch games out there have made you think the most?. I've just finished Bayonetta 2 and got me really exhausted haha, so I don't want fighting games now.

I really enjoyed Zelda because it made me think in order to solve puzzle for example. The only game I have in my switch that I haven't started is Skyrim (yes, never played it before), but I think it's more fighting than logic right?.

Thank you !

kivele

LuckyLand

@kivele The Bridge is a great puzzle game, but it also has an annoying flaw: the second half of the game is made repeating the same stages of the first half but with a higher difficulty, sometimes a lot higher, to the point it becomes unfair. I ended up being stuck in a stage, after a lot of tries I watched the solution on youtube and I found out I figured the right way to solve that stage, but can't execute it with enough precision (almost insane imho). I think this is the wrong reason to be hard for a puzzle game... Despite this fact I am genuinely enthusiastic about this game, it is really pleasant and fascinating and some of its puzzles are very interesting, at least before it decides to take the cheap and unfair route. I higly recommend it but you really should keep in mind its shortcomings too and decide for yourself

PS: I have this game both on Switch and on Steam and despite this frustrating flaw I don't regret the double purchase. I really like it that much. But it is frustrating anyway :/

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Krull

@kivele It depends how much logic you like in your puzzle games. You don't get more logical than Human Resource Machine, which is a fantastic, mind-stretching series of logic puzzles which reflect the fundamentals of basic programming. I loved it - it's one of those very rare games where I would put it down for a while, but still be thinking about it, and could have a eureka moment while doing something completely different and then have to rush back to try my solution. However, it is NOT FOR EVERYONE. I can't stress that enough.

Still keeping with logic puzzles, there's Picross S on the Switch. It's picross - you either like them or you don't. It's easy to try some on other formats to see if you have a taste for them.

For more arcadey puzzles, there's Toki Tori 2+. I have got it, but must admit haven't started it yet. Generally deemed to be pretty good.

Or you have point-and-click adventures, like Syberia et al. In which case, Thimbleweed Park would be top of my list.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

kivele

@LuckyLand @Krull Thank you for your recommendations , I'll definitely take a look at those games. I really like the ones where you have to use your brain a lot in order to solve a puzzle

kivele

DenDen

Interesting topic

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic