Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 611

cambotero

FIFA has a 50% discount these days in the EU eshop.
I didn't want to pay 60€ for a downgraded version of the game, but 30... I'm not sure.
Does somebody own the game and can help me deciding whether to buy it or not?
I don't care about Ultimate Team or the Journey... I just enjoy playing local seasons with my team and local VS matches with my buddies

cambotero

Late

Has anyone bought Gal Metal from the Japanese eShop? I'm interested in it but I would like to hear if it's actually good. 40€ is a bit too much to throw at a game you don't know much about.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tiefseemiez

I have 19,81€ on my e-shop account and today is the last day some of my watchlist-games are on sale.
Should I buy...
....The next Penelope?
....Floor Kids?
....Overcooked?

Also there are new games on offer, but there still will be time to pick them up on sale next week:
....Axiom Verge?
....Battle Chef Brigade?
....Forma 8?

Does anyone have played especially the ones in the upper list and can tell how they liked them?

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Scrummer

@Tiefseemiez I love overcooked, but only get it if you have friends who would be willing to play it with you.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Kiolu100

I made a thread about having some eShop funds and being very indecisive, and was redirected here. I've got a list of games and I was wondering what one I should pick up.

-Thumper
-Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
-Crypt of the Necrodancer
-Owlboy
-Axiom Verge
-Stardew Valley

What game should I get with my remaining funds?

Kiolu100

Scrummer

@Kiolu100 Stardew Valley is a phenomenal game, and is well-deserving of all of the praise it's been getting. Unfortunately, I can't say anything for the other games.

Scrummer

Kiolu100

@Scrummer Thanks, I'll pick it up.

Still got $25 or so in the account so I could do a bit of splurging on another game from that list.

Kiolu100

SuperJoon

Thinking of getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soon, never played any of the games before, looking for something different and from what I’ve seen the games looks decent. Recommended?

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

LuckyLand

@Kiolu100 Wonderboy the dragon's trap is excellent

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Dogorilla

@Kiolu100 Wonder Boy is very good but only takes about 4-5 hours to beat so it's too expensive considering how short it is imo. Thumper is great so I can vouch for that, but I haven't played the others.

Currently Playing: WarioWare Smooth Moves

Krull

@Kiolu100 I have Wonder Boy and Axiom Verge, and they're both great. Axiom Verge is on sale, though, so that would be my recommendation.

I also have Crypt of the Necrodancer, though not on Switch. I didn't get on with it personally, and wouldn't recommend it - but I know some people adore it. You might too, but buyer beware!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

darkfenrir

@SuperJoon I would really recommend it- but one of the thing is, if you feel the combat isn't too deep, I would say try to give it some time and to look at it deeper if you have unlocked everything, it's surprisingly deep once you let it run its course of tutorials.

Give an open mind and let the game bring you in (and being patient) and it'll reward you hard XD

The deeper I go into the story, the more I love it...

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Kiolu100

@LuckyLand @Dogorilla @Krull Thanks for the suggestions, I went ahead and picked up Stardew Valley and Axiom Verge. Loving them so far!

I've still got some cash on my account left. After I clear through my massive backlog I'll pick up Thumper, it looks really interesting and I'm a sucker for rhythm games.

Kiolu100

SuperJoon

darkfenrir wrote:

@SuperJoon I would really recommend it- but one of the thing is, if you feel the combat isn't too deep, I would say try to give it some time and to look at it deeper if you have unlocked everything, it's surprisingly deep once you let it run its course of tutorials.

Give an open mind and let the game bring you in (and being patient) and it'll reward you hard XD

The deeper I go into the story, the more I love it...

Nice, thanks for that. 👍

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

02stampede

Which eshop games have active online multiplayer? Thanks

02stampede

cambotero

@SuperJoon Strongly recommended! It's one of the best JRPGs I've ever played... long, complex, different and with a very emotional story. I'd say this game is one of my personal top 3 for the Switch, with Zelda BOTW and Mario Odissey.

cambotero

toiletduck

Mario + Rabbids is available now for €32,99 in the Netherlands (retail). Seems like pretty good value. I'm in doubt though... From the movies and reviews I've checked, it doesn't really seem like 'my kind of game'. Point is though, that I've read many reviews stating the exact same thing: 'really didn't expect to like it, but I did!'

What's the risk here?

toiletduck

noobish_hat

Can't recommend it because I haven't played it yet, but Flame in the Flood is half price on the US eShop now, and I've heard good things.

noobish_hat

toiletduck

toiletduck wrote:

Mario + Rabbids is available now for €32,99 in the Netherlands (retail). Seems like pretty good value. I'm in doubt though... From the movies and reviews I've checked, it doesn't really seem like 'my kind of game'. Point is though, that I've read many reviews stating the exact same thing: 'really didn't expect to like it, but I did!'

What's the risk here?

Hmm so hard to say something sensible about this?

toiletduck

Scrummer

@toiletduck If you don't really like strategy games, don't get this. If you haven't ever played a strategy game and think it might be fun, give it a shot.

Scrummer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic