Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,207

AndyD

I couldn't find a current article on the site, but I am wondering out of ALL the Eshop games out now. What are say the top 10? I have yet to really buy any, so I am way behind, but I have some extra money to pick up a few. I enjoy a variety of types so anything is possible.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Scrummer

@scubydo I don't really have a top 10, but I do have a top 5.
5: Shovel Knight
4: Sonic Mania
3: Golf Story
2: Snipperclips
1: SteamWorld Dig 2

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

SKTTR

@scubydo:

1. Rocket League
2. Stardew Valley
3. Golf Story
4. Minecraft - Nintendo Switch Edition
5. Worms W.M.D
6. Overcooked! - Special Edition
7. Yooka-Laylee
8. SteamWorld Dig 2
9. Thimbleweed Park
10. Rive - Ultimate Edition
11. Cat Quest
12. Enter the Gungeon
13. The Count Lucanor
14. 60 Seconds!
15. Floor Kids
16. Gorogoa
17. Human Fall Flat
18. The Sexy Brutale
19. Portal Knights
20. Battle Chef Brigade
21. Uurnog Uurnlimited
22. Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today
24. The Flame In The Flood
25. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
etc. etc. etc. the list goes on and on. Sorry, for all the good ones not making the list but I have to stop somewhere.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

GamingTelescope

I'm considering two games, sonic mania and shovel knight.

I am a Big Nintendo fan and spend much of my freetime playing Mario, Zelda and more! My other hobby is my Gaming website, GamingTelescope https://gamingtelescope.blogspot.com/ and looking at Gaming News on NintendoLife!

Qwertyninty

Looking for a good single player game to purchase right now on the switch. I’m probably going to get revelations 2 today any other suggestions?

Qwertyninty

AndyD

Well, I was going to pick up a New 2ds, but then I realized that would be silly at this point...my backlog is already getting behind on the Switch, plus I have my own dock in my office for the switch. With all the Indie games and other great games I have yet to play, I think I will go with an eshop card and snag some of the games I have missed this past year.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Noonch

@Sharks if you absolutely love the Genesis Sonic games then go with Sonic. Otherwise I'd go with Shovel Knight. I bought it on 3ds and again for Switch.

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

GamingTelescope

Thanks Noonch! I think I'll grab shovel knight!

I am a Big Nintendo fan and spend much of my freetime playing Mario, Zelda and more! My other hobby is my Gaming website, GamingTelescope https://gamingtelescope.blogspot.com/ and looking at Gaming News on NintendoLife!

Octane

Can you play all of Snipperclippers in single player mode?

Octane

GamingTelescope

You can play sniperclips from 1 to 4 players.

Xyphon22

I got a Switch with Odyssey and Kingdom Battle for Christmas, and I'm going to pick up Zelda today. I want to get a good family game (I have a wife, a 6 year old boy, and a 3 year old girl, although obviously I don't think she will play much). I was wanting Snipperclips, but my wife and I played the demo last night and I don't think she cared for it that much. And although I think it would probably be too difficult for my 6 year old, I though he would have fun just jumping around and clipping his partner, but he can do that in the demo. Any suggestions for what he may be able to play and may be exciting enough for my girl to want to watch?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

SKTTR

@Xyphon22

For singleplayer: Since you get Zelda today, and want another choice: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a gorgeous looking game (not best tech, but best design). If I wouldn't play through it myself at the moment, I'd enjoy watching someone else playing it. Of course it's a deep and complex game, but it's beginner friendly as well. Kids can just run and jump and explore the huge worlds to find tons of stuff. They can also engage in auto-battle combat (with zero penalties for failure) and as long as your level is higher than the enemy it's easy to win.

For multiplayer Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the obvious choice. Splatoon 2, ARMS, Pokémon Tekken DX, 1-2-Switch. I'd normally not recommend 1-2-Switch, but for a family with young kids it's a different story. 1-2-Switch has games that even a 3-year old could play. xD

Edited on by SKTTR

Xyphon22

@SKTTR Thanks for all the suggestions. I definitely want Xenoblade, but I'm still currently playing through X, so I probably want to finish that before I get the new one. I think Mario Kart would definitely be a winner in my family, it's just me that doesn't really want to get that one because we had it on Wii U and I don't really want a 3rd Mario-centric game already, but that may be the way I end up going because the additions of automatic acceleration and steering will be great for my son. And I have thought about 1-2 Switch (I also really just want to try out the marble thing). I just really liked that Snipperclips was a lot cheaper than the others, too. I also think my wife will like Overcooked, which is also on sale right now, but that sounds like it's well above what my son can play.

Xyphon22

GamingTelescope

Mario kart is always good! Maybe arms.

darkfenrir

I currently have a 32GB on my Switch right now, and might be looking to upgrade to 128GB.. but I'm also still on the fence about it.

If my main use of Switch is physical only as much as I can (especially if it's between digital / physical purchase), how likely will I need a new one? Will Switch be full of digital only title for good stuff (Like how Vita is...) or should I be okay with 80% (probably) usage of my SD Card will be for patches / Japanese VA etc? I'm looking towards never updating this SD Card again, after all since moving between two are kinda hassle for me, imo.

Edit: There's also a nice around US$8 cashback for 128GB VGen SD Card right now over here, never used it so I'm wondering if any of you ever used VGen? Is it good for Switch?

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Scrummer

Sharks wrote:

I'm considering two games, sonic mania and shovel knight.

If you're a big fan of Sonic, I'd definitely say Sonic Mania. However, if you prefer precise platforming, I'd say Shovel Knight.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

FX102A

I know I only have less than 45 min left before sales end but will try. Is the £9 price for Oceanhorn worth it?

Played the demo and seemed fun but reviews left me feeling I should wait for perhaps a bigger sale.

Currently have no shortage of games but leaning towards smaller indie games.

FX102A

Xyphon22

What do people think of Violett? Since I have so many games right now, I'm saving my money for either incredible sales or really must-have games on sale. Violett is on a pretty good sale right now but not great, but I love point-and-click adventures like this (although I would rather get Thimbleweed Park, but I'm not going to spend $20 right now).

Xyphon22

SKTTR

darkfenrir wrote:

I currently have a 32GB on my Switch right now, and might be looking to upgrade to 128GB.. but I'm also still on the fence about it.

If my main use of Switch is physical only as much as I can (especially if it's between digital / physical purchase), how likely will I need a new one? Will Switch be full of digital only title for good stuff (Like how Vita is...) or should I be okay with 80% (probably) usage of my SD Card will be for patches / Japanese VA etc? I'm looking towards never updating this SD Card again, after all since moving between two are kinda hassle for me, imo.

Depends on the size and number of the eShop games you will buy. Not all eShop-only games are small.
And if you go for a good quality collection of eShop-only titles, even 128GB won't be enough with all that's coming out next year.

If you don't count Resident Evil Revelations 2 (23,6GB) and Resident Evil Revelations (12GB) as they're released physical in some regions, the biggest eShop-only release is NBA Playgrounds with 9,6GB. Also keep in mind that some physical games demand mandatory downloads for the full experience, and a few of them are well above 10GB.

Here are the biggest eShop-only games (in EU):
23,6 GB Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Capcom)
12 GB Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom)
9,6 GB NBA Playgrounds (Saber Interactive)
6,9 GB Perception (Deep End Games)
6,8 GB Rogue Trooper Redux (Rebellion)
5,3 GB Yooka-Laylee (Team17)
4,8 GB Implosion: Never Lose Hope (Flyhigh Works)
4,8 GB Rocket League (Psyonix)
4,6 GB Worms W.M.D (Team17)
4,5 GB Mr. Shifty (tinyBuild Games)
4,2 GB Snake Pass (Sumo Digital)
3,9 GB Furi (The Game Bakers)
3,5 GB Mantis Burn Racing (VooFoo Studios)
3,5 GB Tiny Troopers Joint Ops XL (Wired Productions)
3,4 GB R.B.I. Baseball 2017 (MLBAM)
3,3 GB Spelunker Party! (Square Enix)
3,0 GB Shu (Coatsink Software)
2,7 GB Bloody Zombies (nDreams)
2,7 MB Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Stage Clear Studios)
2,7 GB Portal Knights (505 Games)
2,5 GB Serial Cleaner (Curve)
2,5 GB Wulverblade (Darkwind Media)
2,3 GB Deemo (Flyhigh Works)
2,2 GB Ittle Dew 2+ (Nicalis)
2,2 GB Oxenfree (Night School Studio)
2,2 GB The Sexy Brutale (Tequila Works)
2,2 GB World To The West (Rain Games)
2,1 GB Chess Ultra (Ripstone)
2,1 GB Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today (Badland Games)
2,1 GB Nine Parchments (Frozenbyte)
2,0 GB 60 Seconds! (Robot Gentleman)
2,0 GB InnerSpace (Aspyr)
2,0 GB RXN -Raijin- (Kayac)

Fortunately some of them are already announced or rumoured for retail release:
Rocket League (Jan) Portal Knights (Feb), Ittle Dew 2+ (US), Deemo (JP), R.B.I. Baseball 2017 (US), Spelunker Party! (JP), Worms W.M.D (tba), Yooka-Laylee (tba)

Do the math: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/nintendo_s...

Edited on by SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic