Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,207

RR529

Is it worth getting I am Setsuna while it's on sale?

I understand that people found it disappointing(?), but as I've never played Chrono Trigger, I don't have any expectations set up for it. If it's not that bad, I figured it certainly wouldn't hurt to have an extra JRPG on the system.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Fastballer

I want to recommend the newly released jetski racer Aqua Moto Racing Utopia! It is so much fun! Crazy races, speeds, and stunts. Im in love! <3 I want to write up a short review later aswell!

Fastballer

SKTTR

Fastballer wrote:

I want to recommend the newly released jetski racer Aqua Moto Racing Utopia! It is so much fun! Crazy races, speeds, and stunts. Im in love! <3 I want to write up a short review later aswell!

I would like to see a comparison between the 34,99€/5400MB Aqua Moto Racing and the 9,99€/152MB Riptide GP Renegade. From what I have heard so far, the graphics and gameplay in the cheaper and much smaller Riptide are better. Riptide even has online multiplayer, what about Aqua Moto?

Also, have you ever played Wave Race 64 or Wave Race: Blue Storm?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Inertiacreep

@RR529 yes it's worth it.. it's definitely a solid game if you just want a decent turn based rpg and the soundtrack is great if you like pianos.. just don't expect a great 10/10 rpg and you shouldn't be disappointed.

Inertiacreep

Swordsman83

Hi all,

I'm going to buy switch in the near future..

need recommendation for adventure, action and jrpg (games with good voice acting preferably)

zelda
i am setsuna
Fire emblem warriors
Xenoblade chronicles 2

anything else i miss out ?

Another question, i'm not a fan of platforming games..

Am i going to enjoy playing super mario odyssey ? Is it very challenging ?

Regards
Swordsman

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

darkfenrir

@ThePunkDriver https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Pak-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B071...
you might also want to look at this, but if you are going to play both handheld/docked, this one probably not going to be a good choice...

@Swordsman83 you can try the "Octopath Traveler" demo as well, I find the game's really interesting with the art style looking really nice

edit: oh didn't see you haven't bought a switch, you can look for the gameplays at youtube though, a lot of people uploaded it

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Swordsman83

darkfenrir wrote:

@Swordsman83 you can try the "Octopath Traveler" demo as well, I find the game's really interesting with the art style looking really nice

edit: oh didn't see you haven't bought a switch, you can look for the gameplays at youtube though, a lot of people uploaded it

thanks. looks interesting.

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

ThePunkDriver

darkfenrir wrote:

@ThePunkDriver https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Pak-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B071...
you might also want to look at this, but if you are going to play both handheld/docked, this one probably not going to be a good choice...

Yeah I'm gonna play it dock when I am home but gonna play it most of the time on to go

ThePunkDriver

Maxz

@InklingBoy2005

Well, they're both very different. One is a platformer, and one is an adventure game (although they both have a heavy emphasis on explorative). Imagine yourself bouncing around colourful worlds and leaping over obstacles, then imagine yourself on a mighty journey over majestic vistas and through puzzle-laden shrines. Which of those images resonates with you more?

If the 'Game of the Year' thread is anything to go by, people seem reasonably split over whether they prefer Odyssey or Breath, so I think any attempts to definitively prove which is the 'better game' will ultimately just end in pointless bickering. I preferred Zelda. Many preferred Mario. The question is which one will you prefer, and I think you have to examine your own tastes to do that; are you looking for pure, simple, pick-up-and-play 'fun', or something that delivers its ideas with more pause for thought and reflection?

Either way, Splatoon is a brilliant game, so have fun with that!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Scrummer

@InklingBoy2005 My pick would be Mario, but if you prefer games like Skyrim and Horizon, then I'd say get Zelda. It all comes down to preference.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

RR529

So, I'm looking at getting a 128GB Micro SD Card on Amazon. Any suggestions?

There is a Nintendo branded SanDisk one, but it seems like it's twice the price of the other SanDisk cards (something about faster read/write speeds?).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tomwoo

Rocket League or The Mummy

(Both are on sale atm)

Tomwoo

Daftbomb

@Tomwoo Rocket League is phenomenal fun, seriously worth getting. It is very multiplayer focused but I kinda enjoy playing against the AI too. Havent played The Mummy, was tempted by NL review but reading into it further elsewhere its apparently hampered by short length and frustrating death mechanics (have to grind health back before bosses). My vote: Rocket League, even if you don't like football.

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

LuckyLand

I bought The Mummy but it is really frustrating and not fun. I played many games of this genre but The Mummy feels unfair and unnecessarily harsh in my opinion. There are many other games a lot better than The Mummy, that at least try to entertain you instead of being mean towards you like it does

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Scrummer

Just a heads up SteamWorld Dig 2 is on sale right now for $14.99 on the NA Eshop, so if you haven't picked it up yet now is the perfect time. It's a fantastic game too.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

SuperJoon

RR529 wrote:

So, I'm looking at getting a 128GB Micro SD Card on Amazon. Any suggestions?

There is a Nintendo branded SanDisk one, but it seems like it's twice the price of the other SanDisk cards (something about faster read/write speeds?).

Probably been optimised for use on Switch with the Ideal read/write speeds the Switch needs. This in essence effects load times and save times of game.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Faruko

Just get any U1 from a respectable brand (Kingston, Samsung, Lexar, even some "cheap" chinese brands are pretty good like Mixza)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic