Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,207

cambotero

@Inertiacreep
Well, what I meant was not that I'd get both, but that I'd get Splatoon if I prefered online playing and I'd get FIFA if I were not so much into online.
If it came to a choice, I'd buy FIFA. I think you can get more hours of gaming from this one, and it allows you to play with a friend out of the box, just with the switch, the two joycons included and the game.

cambotero

Zyrac

@Inertiacreep I've not played it, but apparently FIFA on Switch doesn't let you play with friends online, only with random players. You may choose to blame Nintendo for not having a system-level invite function, or EA for not working around that.

Anyways, Splatoon doesn't offer much in terms of offline play, unless you know a crowd of people with Switches. I think that's the main point being made.

Zyrac

Twitter:

cambotero

@Inertiacreep

This:

Zyrac wrote:

@Inertiacreep I've not played it, but apparently FIFA on Switch doesn't let you play with friends online, only with random players. You may choose to blame Nintendo for not having a system-level invite function, or EA for not working around that.

Anyways, Splatoon doesn't offer much in terms of offline play, unless you know a crowd of people with Switches. I think that's the main point being made.

cambotero

Inertiacreep

@cambotero Oh ok.. but since you said if i wasn't into playing online. But thats fine because there's no competition to playing against friends for me. I want to play against random opponents. Not arguing that isn't stupid though.

Inertiacreep

LuckyLand

Axiom Verge seems interesting and engaging, but usually I really hate games that take place only in caverns and underground like locations, and it looks like Axiom Verge is one of those. Is it really like that or are there outdoor locations like forests, hills, beaches, something like that somewhere in this game?

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

SKTTR

@LuckyLand
Yes, the game also has outdoor areas. There's a snowy rocky mountain area and more locations where you can see the sky.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Samus7Killer

Axiom Verge is amazing. One of my all time fave Indie games.

Samus7Killer

boyd88

Hello everyone. I got a switch in July & my only physical game bought was Mario kart & have just downloaded sonic mania.

Looking for reccomendations on what games I should pick up? I’m more of a casual gamer who has enjoyed the following types of games over the years:

SNES super mario world
SNES donkey Kong country
N64 banjo
N64 Donald Duck quack attack
Wii Mario galaxy
WiiU donkey Kong tropical freeze

So what kinda games for the switch should I get?

Thanks

boyd88

PhoenixStar8765

@boyd88 It seems that you like classical platformers a lot, so I'd definitely recommend that you get these games:

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - A beautiful remaster of an 8 bit action-platformer that has a wonderful hand drawn artstyle. It is very fun and old school.

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Another action-platformer that takes inspiration from the 8 bit era, but this one actually has 8 bit graphics. It is very fun, has a lot of content in the package, has free dlc coming, and is considered one of the best retro games ever released.

Blaster Master Zero - Another 8 bit action-platformer that uses 8 bit graphics. It is the comeback of an old 8 bit series, and this version has been considered one of the best retro games on the Switch. It also has free DLC coming.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - A more modern take on the action platformer genre than the ones above. This one is also regarded as an easier game, if you think you're not in the mood for a hard game.

Snake Pass - A 3D platformer inspired by the likes of Mario 64, but with a interesting twist: you control a snake that can't jump. It is very unique and very hard to control too.

Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition - This one is more expensive than the others and is the only one you can buy phisically. It is simply considered one the best platformers ever, only behind Mario and DK. It has a lot of content and, including multiplayer modes, and has a beautiful hand drawn artstyle.

Edited on by PhoenixStar8765

PhoenixStar8765

boyd88

Thanks for replying, you any idea on what rabbits Mario/Zelda/Pokemon Dx are like for difficultly wise?

Is the Pokemon game for switch similar to the battles in Pokemon stadium?

boyd88

PhoenixStar8765

@boyd88 Regarding Pokkén Tournament DX: no, not at all. It is actually like Tekken, though not exactly the same. Anyway, it is not like Pokemon Stadium by any means.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle does a good job of teaching you the fundamentals of the game even if you have never played a game like that before, I'd say it is accessible. It gets harder in later worlds, but you can always use the easy mode if things get too difficult.

About The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: just buy it. It is simply a masterpiece. Unless you absolutely hate open world games, I'd definitely recommend it. It can be hard at times, but nothing that should put you off, I'd say.

PhoenixStar8765

LuckyLand

I agree on Rayman Legends and Wonderboy, they're great. I'd say Rayman legends is the best one because it is very long and offers good replayability, Wonderboy is great too but being based almost only on exploration once you've seen everything you haven't many reasons to keep playing it again.

Sonic Mania is another fantastic game but keep in mind bosses in this game are imho harder to beat than the ones of other old school Sonic games, some of them could become a little frustrating at times.
Also the bad ending is actually better than the good one imho.
Sonic Mania also suffer of a little bug that makes it less responsive than it should be when you want to close it but it's not a game breaking thing, it's just a little boring sometimes.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Scrummer

@scubydo SteamWorld Dig 2, Golf Story, and Stardew Valley.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

SKTTR

scubydo wrote:

Out of the new games on eshop over the last several weeks which ones are must haves?

1. Stardew Valley
2. Thimbleweed Park
3. SteamWorld Dig 2
4. Golf Story
5. Axiom Verge
6. Tumblestone
7. Deemo
8. The Flame In The Flood
9. Picross S
10. Wulver Blade
11. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
12. Oxenfree
13. Butcher
14. Conga Party Master!
15. Völgarr the Viking
etc.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Inertiacreep

SKTTR wrote:

scubydo wrote:

Out of the new games on eshop over the last several weeks which ones are must haves?

1. Stardew Valley
2. Thimbleweed Park
3. SteamWorld Dig 2
4. Golf Story
5. Axiom Verge
6. Tumblestone
7. Deemo
8. The Flame In The Flood
9. Picross S
10. Wulver Blade
11. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
12. Oxenfree
13. Butcher
14. Conga Party Master!
15. Völgarr the Viking
etc.

Most of these are trash games.

Inertiacreep

Octane

@Inertiacreep If you don't have something meaningful to say, please refrain from posting at all. Trolling isn't allowed either.

Octane

Inertiacreep

@Octane wtf this is not trolling in the least.... this guy asked for MUST HAVES and he gets a list of 15 games how many of which do you think are MUST HAVES??? It was totally accurate to say most of them are trash because they are...

how many of those 15 games do you think @scubydo would consider "must haves" himself?

@scubydo ... I will tell you 1 must have. Wulverblade.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

SuperJoon

Inertiacreep wrote:

@Octane wtf this is not trolling in the least.... this guy asked for MUST HAVES and he gets a list of 15 games how many of which do you think are MUST HAVES??? It was totally accurate to say most of them are trash because they are...

how many of those 15 games do you think @scubydo would consider "must haves" himself?

@scubydo ... I will tell you 1 must have. Wulverblade.

But in that person's opinion, they were must have games and they have enjoyed them. Just because you haven't, doesn't mean to say that you should call the games and someone else opinion trash. As that's what it basically was.

So in theory from the above.... trolling.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic