Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,193

Krull

@AndyD Pretty much all these games have been on sale before, and all of them will be again. There are loads of great, great games - Dragon Quest XI S, The Witcher 3, etc - but the only discount that jumped out for me was The Messenger. Don’t think I’ve ever noticed it at 50% off before - it’s usually a measly 15%. Though I could be wrong. Either way, it’s a good deal.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Xyphon22

Alright, looking for some advice on the sale. I have about $13 I can spend. My list of potential games, in price order, are Gris, Firewatch, Mark of the Ninja Remastered, Machinarium, Citizens of Space, Framed Collection, Yesterday Origins, Pankapu, the second Bertran Fiddle (already enjoyed the first), Stories Untold, Submerged, and Nairi: Tower of Shirin. Obviously I think Gris seems like the best one, but it also means I can't get much else and it has actually been 50% off quite a few times and probably will be again. Firewatch I don't think has ever been on sale before and it's 70%, so that's tempting. Any suggestions, especially if some of the lower priced ones are must-get?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Quimbolas

I'm really tempted to grab Ys VIII and/or Ni No Kuni, as i'm a RPG guy. What would you guys advise? You think it's worth it??

Quimbolas

DenDen

@Quimbolas both very good games haha

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Quimbolas

I'm just a little afraid i won't get right into it because I allways prefereg turns rpgs like final fantasy and dragon quest, with the exception being Xenoblade and Kingdom Hearts series

Edited on by Quimbolas

Quimbolas

NintendoByNature

Capcom Beat em up bundle, namco museum original one from 2017 or contra collection( or arcade classic collection) ? Looking to spend gold coins on a sale

NintendoByNature

Xyphon22

@baller98 Wandersong is definitely one I am interested in. I think it looks like a lot of fun. I didn't include it on my list, though, because if I am going to spend over half of my allotted money on one game, I think I want Gris even more. In fact, I think I will definitely get Gris because I already have so many games that I haven't played I want to go for quality over quantity. So now I just need to decide which of the cheaper games I want to get to go with it (if any).

Xyphon22

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature personally I liked the Capcom collection, but then again I love beat em ups. The Contra one is good but I only really like the original Contra and this is the first time they rereleased it. The arcade version of Contra is inferior compared to the NES version IMO. Yeah it's ok but the NES one is alot better. But if you enjoy Run N Guns you can't go wrong with the Contra Collection. I also felt that the Contra Collection was padded with every single version of Contra and the other games. So other then some sprites differences they are the same game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki hmmm the beat em up sounds more up my alley. I haven't played many beatemups in my older age, and I was ok on contra as a kid. The arcade classic version and namco museum would just be to fill up my arcade library on switch. So im pretty torn between all 4 honestly

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Wargoose

@NintendoByNature

Have you got the Sega Mega drive collection? As that's really good value in the sale. It's got the Streets of Rage games, and Gunstar heroes which are similar to what you're looking at, plus a host of other games.

@Quimbolas
I got Ys VIII in the sale. Its very good so far. The combat is very action heavy, there's a focus on dodging or blocking at the right time. The premise of the game is you get shipwrecked, and have to find a way off the island. You gradually build up the island town as you find survivors.

Wargoose

Xyphon22

Is there some reason Ys VIII physical is never on sale? I am really tempted even though I never buy full games on the eShop if they have a physical version because I've never seen even a used version for less than $55.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

Wargoose

@Xyphon22 my guess would be it's a good game, so not many people trade it in. It's also a game that's not especially well known, so there probably aren't that many physical copies out there to begin with.

Wargoose

BruceCM

Most pre-owned Switch games aren't much cheaper than brand-new versions ..... Ys VIII has been on sale on NISA's own site, physical, though?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Xyphon22

@Wargoose But usually prices and sales and such are mostly about the developer, and all (or at least a lot) of NISA's other games have been on good sales regularly. I've gotten a few of them really cheap. But never Ys VIII, so I was just wondering if there was some sort of copyright reason or something that particular game never does.
@BruceCM Really? I don't think I've ever checked their personal store before, but I just did after seeing your post and Ys VIII isn't even on there. I searched all Switch games and there are only 15 and it's not one of them, so I searched for Ys VIII and there is a shirt and some pin sets but no game. Weird.

Xyphon22

BruceCM

Odd, they definitely have it on their store for Europe .... I'd point out it isn't NISA developed, since it's a Falcom game, although I don't know if that makes much difference, since it & their others do go on regular digital sales across all platforms

SW-4357-9287-0699

Xyphon22

Alright, new question. Target has there Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale again, and for once they actually have some good games in it. I have 4 that I am trying to choose from and need to eliminate one. They are Spyro, Bioshock, Astral Chain, and Octopath Traveler. I think Bioshock is a definite keep, so it's down to the other 3. I already have a ton of RPGs to play which makes me lean Octopath, but Astral Chain is the only $60 one so I could save money by eliminating that one. What does everyone think?

Xyphon22

BruceCM

Well, I never got Astral Chain but Octopath is a great game ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Xyphon22

I know, they all are. That's why it's hard. Trials of Mana is also part of the sale, but I am currently playing the original Trials in the Collection of Mana, so I at least want to beat that first before I think about getting the remake. So at least I was able to eliminate that one on my own.

Xyphon22

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic