Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,207

DonnyH

@AndyD

I'll second Minecraft Dungeons - I started playing it yesterday (on my Xbox One, but same game). I'm still debating about whether or not I actually want to hook up the extra Switch I have or not (I bought my daughter the Lite version since that's all I could find and then my parents found the normal system and sent it to me)

DonnyH

AndyD

@DonnyH well, it doesn't have cross-play yet, but that is supposed to be patched in at some point. but I am finding it more in-depth than I expected. You can share your nintendo account between the two switches, as long as your daughter has a child account she can still use the lite or the regular anytime, and you can use the other, and still download all the games you purchase under your account.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

DonnyH

@AndyD

I finally gave in and hooked it up and have the accounts set up. I was hoping under the family plan you could share games, but that isn't allowed as I found out (which I understand). I have just been playing some of the older SNES/NES games

DonnyH

DonnyH

@AndyD

But you have to buy two different copies right? Or at least that is how I understood it. I was hoping I could buy a single game under the family plan and it would be downloadable on both systems - is that how it works?

DonnyH

64BitRyan

I am currently playing through all the NES and SNES games, if you have an Nintendo Online account I would highly recommend. Some real hidden gems in there.

Aspiring Nintendo Switch Youtuber.

Check out my channel ^_^ : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8rMPtMiZ6_WPN5P2wNCbJg?view_as=subscriber

Currently playing and making content for:
Animal Crossing New Horizons

Nitendo fan since 1995.

AndyD

hey, was wondering which of the two card games are better and maybe offer local co-op either couch or 2 switches local co-op - yuhgioh or dbheroes

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

infofrog

i was think about getting xcom 2 game . Is it worth 49 dollars ?
I do see valkyria chronicles 4 on sale 14.95 .
Not sure which one to get
Thanks for any recommendation

infofrog

NotTelevision

@infofrog It’s up to you if you feel like paying 49 dollars for a game that will likely go on sale soon, but certainly give Xcom 2 a go at some point. It’s a fantastic strategy game that offers many hours of deep gameplay. Switch also seems like the perfect platform for it.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is also supposed to be a great strategy RPG and that’s a very good price.

There is also Wargroove at 9.99 and Mario Rabbids at 14.99.

Xcom 2 is probably the best of the lot, but I’d wait for a sale on that one and get one of the others for below 20.

NotTelevision

AndyD

crazy question - does anyone have a good portable monitor that they would recommend for the switch? I know that sounds a bit redundant since the switch is portable (my eyes strain after a bit looking at the smaller screen), but I am thinking of something I can use at the kitchen table or somewhere like that. I hope that makes sense.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

BruceCM

Portable monitor? Well, I have a 21" for my PC & XBox but I guess that's really a bit too big .... Not sure there's much smaller that's intended for gaming, though? If you happen to have any particular ideas, maybe experts here can look at them to say if they seem good

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Out of stock, so no price .... Looks OK but I bet it costs more than a 'normal' size one, that's actually better in every way?

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Probably, since I'm UK, @AndyD .... Well, my Acer 21.5" Full HD Gaming Monitor, with 2 HDMI inputs, etc, was £100, so that does seem expensive but I don't think there's many smaller monitors, for whatever reasons, so your choices are presumably limited Can't say I've heard of Lepow before, which doesn't mean much, one way or another & it doesn't have the full specs, like refresh rate & response speed?
If you really want one about that sort of size, it's probably good? Maybe someone else here has used something more like that for some reason, to comment more

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic