Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,207

BinaryMessiah

@SpringLand BioShock will probably be the same way. A decent experience, but better played elsewhere. It will most likely run at 30FPS and hopefully not look like total crap.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

golephish

I know I am being silly, but since the switch started, I want a fallout title that isn't shelter.

NEW 3DS XL FC: 5172-0274-7263

Twitter:

Tasuki

@golephish Check out The Outer World's when that comes out. I have it on Xbox and it's a fantastic game. It is basically Fallout without the Fallout name.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

Trials Rising.

I will shout this game from the rooftops for decades to come.

What it isn't, is just some forgettable B-rate game. What it is, is one of the most skill-reliant, masterpiece titles of the video game medium. The team, Redlynx, started off by making a browser game where you press a key for the gas, and simply lean on the bike forward and backward to shift your weight to overcome obstacles. That game grew into the modern Trials franchise.

It's one of the most casual yet hardcore games I've ever played. This game can be enjoyed by people just looking to have fun, but for those who wish to refine their skills, you NEVER hit a skill cap ceiling. People play for thousands of hours and learn new maneuvers.

The game has easy, medium, hard and extreme tracks. After about 50 hrs in the game I unlocked extreme tracks, and after 80 hrs had beaten all but one- the final extreme track. Come back a year later and finally beat it. If you gold medal all the extreme tracks you unlock the Ninja Tracks, which only the best of the best will ever see. Ninja Lv 1, then Lv 2, then Lv 3, and so on, each challenge track progressively harder than the last, tracks that you'd think were impossible. But those who have mastered advanced skillsets can do it.

It's a gameplay focused game more than any Nintendo game I've ever played. If it were first party I'd say it's one of Nintendo's best games ever made. But it's published by Ubisoft who bought up Redlynx years ago when they saw how good the Trials games were.

This game is legendary.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

golephish

@Tasuki except there is no pip boy. Yeah I was able to play it on gamepass and see it is coming to switch in June. Instant Buy. Loved it. I think on the switch I will play dumb and skip into the sun this time!

Twitter:

golephish

yeah I know, just being silly. that's how much I love fallout

Twitter:

aldohe

I have these 10 games and don’t know where to start. I initially planned on starting with #1 and working my way down. Now I am thinking of starting at #10 and go up.

1. Dark Souls
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Witcher 3
4. Killer Queen Black
5. Xeno 2 (or should I play the original first)
6. Xeno 2 Torna (Does this take place before 2?)
7. Mario Maker 2
8. FETH
9. Stardew Valley
10. Atelier Ryza

My Switch is coming in a few days. If you had this list of games where would you start? Thank you.

aldohe

ArtiomNLS

I have a question guys, what games could you recommend for 1player, 2players or 4players? Want to bring 4 seperate joycons and a pro controller with me or an 8bitdo sn30pro if I had any of these pro controllers, will be thankful if somebody helps me
edit: sorry if that`s a stupid question. I have like 31 games and want to have 133 more (yes, I am THAT weird) because switch is my main, but still

Edited on by ArtiomNLS

ArtiomNLS

jump

ArtiomNLS wrote:

I have a question guys, what games could you recommend for 1player, 2players or 4players? Want to bring 4 seperate joycons and a pro controller with me or an 8bitdo sn30pro if I had any of these pro controllers, will be thankful if somebody helps me
edit: sorry if that`s a stupid question. I have like 31 games and want to have 133 more (yes, I am THAT weird) because switch is my main, but still

I'm not sure of your question. Are you looking for local multiplayer games for those controllers? If you are I'd recommend these;

Snipperclips is a good two player co-op puzzle game.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is button mashing fun for up to 4 players, especially if you're a fan of Marvel.
Smash Bros and Mario Kart are Smash Bros and Marion Kart so nuff said.
Cuphead is amazing but TOUGH.
The Escapists 2 for a different type of co-op fun.
Arms and Pokken Fighters a good choices for fighters.
NBA Playgrounds 2 is a must if you're a basketball fan.
I've not tried themselves but I hear good things about Diablo 3, Overcooked and Mario Party.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ArtiomNLS

@jump thanks, I meant the games that you can play with friends on one consoleon the TV, exactly what needed. Searched through the whole list of games on NL and currently have like 3385 games I hate andor don`t wanna buy lol

ArtiomNLS

bluefox11

i cant decide on dragon quest echoes of new age or trails of mana whats best jrpg to get atm

bluefox11

golephish

I'm sitting here waiting for Myst to unlock

Twitter:

AndyD

so, I am thinking of picking up baldurs gate or neverwinter...are they still worth a good play through? Always enjoyed those types of rpgs as a kid but never had a chance to play through these. or maybe Pillars?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Dusk

@AndyD Divinity Original Sin 2 or Pillars would be good choices if you want that old school turn-based, D&D-based thingy. I would stay away from Neverwinter Nights and Baldurs Gate as they are buggy, overpriced and do not hold up that well all things considered.

Dusk

AndyD

If you have kids or just want a light hearted fun diablo type game. I highly recommend Minecraft dungeons. We are only 3 dungeons in, and there is 6 difficulty levels just under normal. Then once we beat that 2 other tiers of difficulty levels each with multiple levels of difficulty. Lots of loot and enchanting and combinations. For $20 bucks it’s a good buy, and I normally don’t recommend anything.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

DenDen

@AndyD going to try this one.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest