Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,200

NaviAndMii

Anyone played much of Fast RMX in handheld/tabletop mode? ..what sort of battery life do you get?

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Scrummer

So, there are 2 games I want that are on sale right now, "World of Goo" and "Puyo Puyo Tetris". Any idea which I should get?

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

jump

Scrummer wrote:

So, there are 2 games I want that are on sale right now, "World of Goo" and "Puyo Puyo Tetris". Any idea which I should get?

You can get Puyo Puyo Tetris on cart which would save precious space and depending on what country you're from chances it's cheaper to physical anyway, so grab World of Goo.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SKTTR

I recommend Thimbleweed Park which is MANIAC MANSION 3 in all but its name.

The story and characters are a highlight in this game. The characters all have their own abilities, advantages, and disadvantages, friends, and enemies. The two agents especially are great characters and fun when they talk (voice acting is spot-on as well!). The puzzling is addicting and never too hard (there's always the in-game hintline if you're hopelessly lost). Each time characters have to do something in a team you feel a subtle band of appreciation forming between them. It's weirdly fun because the 5 characters in your party don't really like and trust each other. It really tries something new in the genre, and it has all the great moments of the classics so far. A nonstop nostalgic rush included, with tons of Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken, Monkey Island and Star Wars references.

The Switch port is extremely polished and especially nice to play in handheld mode.

SKTTRSKORE: 10/10

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

LuckyLand

@SKTTR I don't like this genre basically because I hate playing with mouse but I have bought this game and so far I like it a lot. The cursor movement is not very precise it should be a little better but for someone like me that hates both mouse and touch controls playing with analog sticks and buttons of a traditional pad is better anyway. I would recommend it too I have not finished it yet but for now I really like it if I had to give it a score I'd give it a 8/10

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Scrummer

Geez, after seeing gameplay of Steamworld dig 2, I might get that instead of World of Goo...
And I've never played a Steamworld game before, so this might be a good time to get on board.

Scrummer

knabrub21

I need help. I only have enough money to buy 1 title and I can't decide between Splatoon 2 or DragonBall Xenoverse 2 I've never played any games in either series thus far. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

knabrub21

SKTTR

@knabrub21

Splatoon is splantastic. Definately buy, especially if you love squids.
Haven't played any DB Xeno though. Do fans think it is a really good DB game?

Both games have online.
Splatoon's online is always full, but I heard DB Xeno 2 is also quite popular on Switch.

@Luckyland

Yes, I think the classic controller and joycon options are only ok. They could have made a better configuration.
And therefore controlling it with the touchscreen is just so much better.

Really, touchscreen or mouse are the best control options for point&click adventures, no arguing about it.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Reginald

Having played Xenoverse 2, I personally think it's fairly stellar. It's a fighting game, but it's more streamlined and nowhere near as intense as some more dedicated fighters out there (which for me is appealing since I don't normally like the genre). It also has RPG elements in it, with level ups and equipment, quests and stuff, so it's a lot more immersive than typical fighters. Don't listen to what the trolls on youtube say.

I personally think it's a good game, but you'll probably find it more appealing if you're already into Dragonball or fighting games.

Reginald

Zyrac

@Reginald You're pushing me a little further towards getting it. I'm sure it gets a lot of flak from hardcore fighting game players, but so does anything in the genre that doesn't play like Street Fighter.

Zyrac

Twitter:

EmirParkreiner

I really think that Gunbarich gets overlooked, it's a great Breakout/Arkanoid/Alleyway-like game with charming graphics and nice pinball elements, yet people ignore it.

Perhaps people will pay more attention to Gunbarich once the shmups Gunbird 1&2 come out. (Gunbarich is a spinoff to Gunbird.)

EmirParkreiner

Inertiacreep

Do you need the monthly subscription to use the eshop? (That's stupid if you do)

Inertiacreep

Scrummer

@Inertiacreep No you don't. You will need a subscription to use Nintendo's online services, and will be able to get exclusive deals on the Eshop.

Scrummer

Late

So, after buying Picross S and couple of 3DS RPGs, I have ~30€ on my eShop account and I'm in mood for rhythm games. Do I get VOEZ or Deemo? Deemo is more expensive but I think it has more songs and the style is more appealing to me. Then again if I get VOEZ, I can get another game with the money I have left on my account.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Scrummer

@Late I haven't really seen much of Deemo, but I have the demo for VOEZ, and it is fun, but the songs are
J-pop, so if you aren't into that kind of music, I would probably suggest looking into Deemo.

Scrummer

Inertiacreep

For people who love both Fifa and splatoon, which one would you recommend I get when i purchase my switch?

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

@cambotero thank you but that isn't what I'm asking. I am buying one game when i purchase the switch so I'm asking people who love them both, if it came down to a choice, which one would they pick.

Inertiacreep

Scrummer

@Inertiacreep I wish I could give input to this, but I only have Splatoon. I guess at the end of the day, if you have family/friends you want to play with, get Fifa, but if you are going to be playing mostly single player, or with people who have their own Switches, Splatoon would be the way to go.

Scrummer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic