Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,193

BruceCM

Depending how well you explore &, as @ThanosReXXX said, being smart with skills & stuff, too, @Xyphon22 ... Along with grinding did used to be a feature of games that inspired it, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Xyphon22

Oh, yeah, I'm not necessarily complaining about it. And I definitely don't pay as much attention to my skill trees as I should. I was just letting him know what to expect.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Lucarianzx

@ThanosReXXX, @Xyphon22, Thanks! I've heard good things about the game and I could always once again try the demo so I'll give it a shot.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

ThanosReXXX

@Lucarianzx You're welcome.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did and/or do.

If you do end up getting the game, be sure to check out that playlist with tips videos, that I posted in comment #1,213. They're quite useful, so you might want to bookmark them in advance.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Loonatic

I have a little dilemma. Earlier in this thread I asked for suggestions on games for my 6 year old niece. I got Animal Crossing and Mario Kart 8. I'm looking to get Yoshi's Crafted World and Kirby Star Allies in the future.

My question is about Super Mario Odyssey. She's going to be on a Switch Lite and I don't think her mother who doesn't game can help her if she runs into a difficult part. I was initially against getting this game to start with but I'm wondering if I should just get it anyway. Is it possible for her to get stuck somewhere and not be able to proceed? I haven't played this game personally.

Loonatic

JoeM103

@Loonatic Mario Odyssey is perfectly playable on a switch lite but the lack of removable joycon does mean that she wont be able to use the motion controls. I personally found playing it in handheld mode alot harder but that could have just been because i was used to playing connected to the tv. If you are worried about it maybe go with something else for the time being (eg mario bros deluxe?). Then when you can maybe borrow a copy of odyssey and see how she gets on. Also even if she didn't get on with it you could always trade it in for something else. Has she tried Mario and Rabbids? I'm pretty sure its on sale on the eshop atm and I had a great time with it. The rabbids are really funny aswell.

JoeM103

Switch Friend Code: SW-3487-3999-7859 | My Nintendo: Meadie

Loonatic

@JoeM103 I don't really know if my niece has ever played a real video game system before and the family there is a little on the poor side. She lives in another state with her mother so I don't see her at all really. It is honestly hard to pick games for her when I have no idea. I figured I would start with easy games. However, Mario Odyssey is so popular and a staple on the Switch so I'm conflicted. Thank you for the Mario Bros Deluxe and Mario/Rabbids suggestion. Mario Bros Deluxe looks pretty strait forward but I have no clue about Mario/Rabbids.

Edit: Super Mario Bros Deluxe looks pretty good actually. I'm glad you brought that one up, I didn't consider that one before.

Edited on by Loonatic

Loonatic

BruceCM

You can definitely finish SMO without using any motion controls, @Loonatic .... Bearing in mind there's plenty more moons in the game than actually required! Obviously, for the completionists, there's the option to get them all but it's not necessary

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JoeM103

@Loonatic Odyssey is great don't get me wrong but it is quite an advanced platformer and when I got my niece to have a go she quickly lost interest in favour of more simple games. You mentioned Yoshi's Crafted world and that is a great idea for a younger gamer. It's cute, funny and a little more on the easy side. I actually had a lot of fun with it too.

It's a bit of a shame that she's playing on a switch lite otherwise I would have suggested Just Dance and Mario Party as they are great for family play. Just so you know she will not be able to play those on her system so don't go for them in case you weren't aware.

Have you thought about Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze? It has Funky Kong mode that makes the game alot easier.

Also there are a couple indie titles on the eshop that could be good. AstroBears is very cheap but alot of fun. Putty Pals and Snipperclips would be great if she has someone to play with aswell (they are both co-op only games really).

JoeM103

Xyphon22

@Loonatic I don't know how old my son was when he started playing Odyssey, but I think it was around 6 and he loved it. There is an easy mode you can turn on where you get more life and it basically saves you if you fall off of a cliff or something like that, so it is pretty easy with that on but still fun for a kid. I would recommend it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

JoeM103

@Xyphon22 Oh that's cool I didn't know about that.

JoeM103

golephish

I've had my eye on marvel ultimate alliance 3 for a few "minutes" and hear mixed things — mainly the camera is bad. is it good? I really want a non novel (since stein gate is the only one I like) — or an rpg I can pass the time with that doesn't require much thought...

NEW 3DS XL FC: 5172-0274-7263

Twitter:

BornInNorway81

Does anyone have recommendations on games in the current eShop sale, especially those at 75-90% off?

Time zone: CET (UTC+1)/CEST (UTC+2)
Splatoon rank: S/S+
Splatoon profile: https://splatoon.nintendo.net/profile/929191678d8b7f9a3f2694c29a0983d5
Miiverse profile: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/BornInNorway81

NintendoByNature

Id like to know how good Friday the 13th is, it's currently on sale for $12.50

NintendoByNature

NintendoWiiDS

@golephish I got MUA 3 back around launch and if you want an action RPG/ beat-em-up style of game that doesn’t require too much thought it’s a fun time. There’s a lot of content to dive into whether it’s the decently long story mode, the Infinity Trials mode, which heavily reminds me of Hyrule Warriors and its adventure mode, completing tonnes of challenges to unlock characters and costumes. The roster is massive with a good variety of fighting styles to use and the characters are derived from all sorts of different properties. And if you’re the kind of person who enjoys grinding in these types of games, it’s perfect for you. Each character can earn a plethora of upgrades, additional moves and a ginormous skill tree for all characters which covers every facet you could think of. It’s at its best in co-op, but it’s fun in single player too. If you like what I’m describing and what you’re seeing, go for it. From what you’re saying I think it would be what you’re looking for. I don’t know if it’s a part of the spring sale, but give it a shot regardless.

Edited on by NintendoWiiDS

NintendoWiiDS

golephish

thank you for the reply! I will add it to the list. I went with animal crossing and the tales game that was on sale.

NEW 3DS XL FC: 5172-0274-7263

Twitter:

Wayko

Mega Man Battle Network Collection

I believe with the recent releases of megaman collections that this one actually will be coming soon. End of this year or next year. Or at least i hope it does haha

Wayko

Switch Friend Code: SW-5412-2599-8209 | My Nintendo: Wilks

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic