Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,201

Eagle9

Wondering is there any games like Stargunner with many power-ups and enemies for Switch? Thanks in advance for possible answers.

E: Wasn't a fan at Ikaruga, too hard.
There are just too many, but which ones have "novice/newcomer" difficulty mode.

Edited on by Eagle9

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Magician

Eagle9 wrote:

Wondering is there any games like Stargunner with many power-ups and enemies for Switch? Thanks in advance for possible answers.

Shmups eh? There are several classic shmups to pick from. The Aero Fighter series and Blazing Star are some of my favorite Neo Geo ports. Or eShop search for "psikyo", a developer best known for their shmups, Zero Gunner 2 being the one I enjoy most. Then you have R-Type Dimensions, a cosmic horror-inspired horizontal shmup.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Eagle9

Thanks. I have now Aero Fighters 2, Strikers 1945, Rogue Aces (from sale), and most recently Strikers 1945 II and Sturmwind Ex. Watched videos and read reviews.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

SuperSpaghetti

Is there a way for me to filter somewhere what open world games are on the Switch?

Future games collector

Chimaj

@Ruthless4u Have you considered Divinity Original Sin 2? It's turn-based fights though, so I guess not exactly like Diablo 3 (haven't played that one though), but I think Divinity 2 is an amazing couch co-op game. Played it for about 100 hours with my partner.

Chimaj

AndyD

Does anyone have Catan, Pandemic, and/or any of the other board games like those on switch? If so, do they play well, and does the multiplayer work well?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Magician

If you had 2000 gold coins burning a hole in your digital wallet, which would you buy?

-The Touryst
-MUA3 Expansion Pass
-Shadowgate Remake

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

toiletduck

Shalnor is on sale for €0,99. Is this a decent Zelda clone or not? I recall reading something about it but I don't remember whether it's positive or negative...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

DenDen

@toiletduck
For the price its decent

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

NintendoSlav

Thinking of picking up Nino Kuni since it's on sale. Never played it before - is it worth paying the $60 for? I'm hearing some people say it takes up to 3 hours to go thru just the tutorial and learn the other basics until the real game kicks in. Can someone comment on the learning curve?

NintendoSlav

Chimaj

@NintendoSlav I did not experience that learning curve, combat is kind of like pokémon + xenoblade but I didn't find it hard to learn. I guess there are some cut scenes in the beginning until "real gameplay" starts but they are really nice, looking like a Studio Ghibli movie. I like this game a lot, only have one complaint: the game froze after I defeated a boss about 30 hours in and I stopped playing after that, so I don't know if it was a one time thing.

Chimaj

cambotero

Dragon Ball Fighterz is 70% off in the european eshop (18 euros), and the ultimate version is also discounted around 34 euros (I think it is also discounted in the US eshop...)
Would you recommend buying it for mostly single player use (story mode, and I guess there'd be something like arcade mode also)?
Is the ultimate version worth it? 18 euros sounds like a bargain, but I think the ultimate version includes several DLC characters...

cambotero

Krull

@Magician Of those three, I'd buy The Touryst - but only based on my own taste!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Sadist

@NintendoSlav

Its a lovely RPG and when it was announced for Switch I said to myself “took them long enough”. I believe NNK is a game that really is a no brainer for the general Nintendo audience. (Played the PS3 version)

Learning curve is pretty much okay really. The game has a slower build up untill you can finally explore, but I did not feel it was getting in my way of enjoying it. At first its mostly a reminder “Hey did you notice this is a collab with Studio Ghibli?” and its really charming to get to know Olivier and Mr. Drippy.

As far as the game itself, its Iovely. The visuals are fantastic, the characters very Ghibli like and the Familiar system (catching/fighting/evolving) is fun. Bit clunky in some fights, but mostly good fun. The music btw... GLORIOUS.

Downsides as mentioned before that the battlesystem is not flawless, it has its niggles. (Like using familiars for short amount of times) And while the game is longer than the initial DS game, the White Witch part shows its been tacked on. Its not bad, but you just notice it was added.

Also there are a few familiars that absolutely break the game. During the endgame I absolutely destroyed the Final boss.

Sadist

NintendoByNature

Picked up a lot of sales over the last couple weeks. Just finished AC:Liberation and I'm looking for a suggestion. Haven't played AC3 on switch yet so there's that but i also just got done with an ac game. I also have the following on my backlog from recent sales. Side note : I'll also be partaking in alot of king of cards tomorrow, and I'm fully engulfed in the Mario Maker update too. Take all that into consideration with a recommendation and thanks for the help.

• Darksiders 2
  • South Park: stick of truth
  • Bastion
  • Unravel 2
  • AC3

NintendoByNature

Ruthless4u

Any action RPG recommendations?

Wife loves witcher on ( Xbox )and dragon age games, we bought Botw for my son but I’m looking to surprise my wife for Christmas.

Ruthless4u

Krull

@Ruthless4u Your wife has probably already played it, if she likes Dragon Age and The Witcher, but Skyrim would be the obvious choice. That's certainly the closest parallel.

Other than that, how much action does she want in her RPGs? Full-bore action with Dark Souls Remastered? Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which is closer to an active turn-based system with real-time elements? Ys VIII is probably more of a happy medium, but it is still very much an action-RPG.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Ruthless4u

@krull

For some odd reason she never got into Skyrim/elder scrolls.

She loves witcher, dragon age, fable type of games. Not got into turn based

Ruthless4u

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic