Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,193

Scrummer

@NaviAndMii No problem! I've had a lot of fun with the game, and I hope you do too!

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Hawkstream

jump wrote:

GameOtaku wrote:

Cheap switch recommendations? ($10 or less)

Mighty Gunvolt, World of Goo, Blaster Master, Kamiko, Metal Slug, King of Fighters and Flip Wars seem to be the best of the bunch for under a tenner.

You should note that World of Goo is only touch screen controls. Or if you have it docked, a weird laser pointer style control. This was totally not what I was looking for so I consider it a waist of money. Its too bad as the game looks like it could be fun but I'm not messing with a touch screen game on Switch.

Hawkstream

GameOtaku

Most of my money has went to Neo geo games!

GameOtaku

mowerdude

I just put a Nintendo Switch Neon red and blue and Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in layaway from Walmart for a Christmas Present for the family. Going to also be picking up Mario Odyssey to go along with that. What else would be some good switch accessories and games to get?

mowerdude

cambotero

NaviAndMii wrote:

Can anyone recommend any decent single-player experiences which have surprisingly good battery life in Handheld Mode? (4-5 hours perhaps?) ..got a couple of long trips coming up - would love something that could last me the distance

I got 5+ hours of gaming time in handheld mode with I am Setsuna in my last bus trip...

Edited on by cambotero

cambotero

NintendoPete

I would recommend Blaster Master Zero - first playthrough ~ 8 hrs. After that ~ 5hrs with different characters

NintendoPete

Scrummer

@mowerdude Get some extra Joy-cons if you have a family of 4 or more. Trust me, playing Mario kart together is tons of fun.

Scrummer

NaviAndMii

@NintendoPete Thanks for the recommendation Great sounding battery life! ..I've actually had the Blaster Master Zero demo downloaded for some time, just haven't gotten around to giving it a go yet - I'll have to get on that and see what I think!

@cambotero Thanks for the tip about I am Setsuna too I've just checked it out - it looks really pretty (and quite deep too!) ..very impressive battery life as well - definitely a great looking option!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Hallonblad

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to hear if anyone has recommendations for local co-op games? We're very casual players so anything with too steep a difficulty curve would not suit us too well. Don't mind lengthy games though, as long as they're not too hard or need to be played in very long sessions (we rarely play more than 30-60 minutes during the weekends). Also don't mind playing single player games where two people putting our not-too-clever minds together makes things more interesting.
Thankful for any recommendations~

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

LuckyLand

@Hallonblad Snipperclips for the co-op and The Bridge for single player that you can try to solve with the help of others.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

JaxonH

Monster Hunter XX is the best game on Switch right now imo. I wouldn't recommend it to any new players but if you have played the series before you're already familiar with everything- to you I highly recommend this game because it is incredibly easy to play. More than I thought it would be. We have guides in the Forum thread and translation references and anything and everything you would ever need.

Also recommend Ultra Street Fighter II because that game is worth owning. I've had more fun with that game than any Street Fighter in the last I don't know how many years. And on demand multiplayer is king with this game.

And Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle. The game is legit.

And Splatoon 2 to anyone who thinks they don't like online games... let me just say I don't either. In fact I never play online, with 2 exceptions. Splatoon for competitive and Monster Hunter for co-op. Even my brother who absolutely hates online play now loves this game after coming over and seeing me play all the time. I think people who hate online games love this game because anyone can be good at it and contribute to the team. And you don't have to worry about it being just a headshot Fest like some other games. Anyone can paint and anyone can have fun with this game. Start with the single player, learn the mechanics, and jump on in. I think the Salmon Run co-op is particularly awesome.

And now I'm going to list all the best accessories

Start with a good case. This one has a zip up pocket which is essential to fit everything in it. It also has a handle, and trust me when I say having a handle is essential for portability. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life it's too hard to carry a case without a handle and everything else that you carry on a daily basis (morning coffee, keys, lunch, etc)

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Carrying-Holders-Butte...

A good portable charger is a must. Not only do we want USB-C, we want USB-C PD (Power Delivery) for rapid charge times equal to or exceeding that of Nintendo's official charger. This puppy here even comes with a USB-C PD wall charger, which is another essential accessory on the list so if you get this one you can knock both of those out with one stone.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-Including-Del...

Otherwise, here's a larger, but cheaper, alternative. You will still need a wall charger.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Portable-30000mAh-Delivery-Charg...

And if you went with the larger, cheaper Aukey, you'll need a USB-C PD wall charger. Not only is this cheaper than buying a second official wall charger but the USB cable will be able to detach from it which means it can double its use by plugging into the portable battery to the Switch, plugging in the wall charger to the Switch, or plugging in the wall charger to the portable battery. That's why you don't want to get an official charger. Because then you would still need a separate USB cable, taking up even more space, not to mention the official charger is super large and clunky, and our goal is to fit everything inside this one case

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LX063QN?tag=nintlife00-20

Now, for the USB-C to USB-C cable... Notice this one has a right angle on one end. This is crucial, because there's a super portable, foldable tripod perfect for charging in tabletop mode, but due to how small and portable it is you won't have room to fit in the cable unless it's a right angle. So get this one (plus it's nice when you're playing handheld to have the cable running out to the side).

https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-Solution-Angled-Macbook-...

And here's that tripod. Super compact, portable, case friendly. And cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/iVAPO-Adjustable-Cellphone-Universal-S...

Tempered glass screen protectors. We all need one.

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Ninte...

And sideways joycon is not ideal. Use these. They're truly amazing, and come in all joycon colors, and the colors actually match perfectly. It's not some cheap knockoff red or blue. It's the real deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Surge-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Con-Grips-Th...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Scrummer

@scubydo I've never played Xenoverse, but I played the original Pokken Tournament on Wii U, and It's fun, especially with two players.

Scrummer

AndyD

Scrummer wrote:

@scubydo I've never played Xenoverse, but I played the original Pokken Tournament on Wii U, and It's fun, especially with two players.

Yeah, I am just not sure since I have ARMS if Pokenn Tournament would be the better of the two, being it is another "fighter".

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AndyD

Well just demoed Pokken Tournament DX and I have to say that I am REALLY leaning toward Pokken...loved the fighting style and my kids could pick it up easily, but I can also enjoy the what depth there is. I know it isn't a hugely deep game. BUT, I also want to support the 3rd party games such as DBZX2...so I am still in a bit of conundrum.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

AndyD

I just pre-ordered Pokken on Amazon...so I suppose I will pick up DBZX2 at a later point. Never had it on WiiU so I didn't realize what I was missing.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

Scrummer

@scubydo Cool! I still am not sure if I should get DX, as I have the original.

Scrummer

AndyD

So I cancelled my P okken, preorder. With that I want to preorder fire emblem warriors or Skyrim...wanting both. But I am thinking Skyrim....but I dunno.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic