Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 15,201

shaneoh

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

If this remake actually happens for Wii U, then all of the good Zelda games will have been remade for 8th gen

I'm not seeing a Minish Cap remake anywhere.

Minish Cap was dull. The oracle games need to be remade as a trilogy as originally intended.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Bolt_Strike

It seems like Nintendo would rather give 2D games spiritual successors instead of remakes. First there was ALBW which was Not ALttP and now we have Triforce Heroes being inspired by Four Swords Adventures.

Hmm, maybe we'll see Minish Cap 2 on NX instead of it getting a remake. If Nintendo can remember that the game existed that is.

shaneoh wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

If this remake actually happens for Wii U, then all of the good Zelda games will have been remade for 8th gen

I'm not seeing a Minish Cap remake anywhere.

Minish Cap was dull. The oracle games need to be remade as a trilogy as originally intended.

Beats Majora's Mask.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

martinskrtel37

Haru17 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

You guys have all been begging for remakes and remakes and remakes all year, especially for Twilight Princess, I never understood it personally as the game isn't even a decade old...

Straw-man argument 1-oh-1, why don't you try and not-talk-dumb! (read in rhythm)

? please don't bother quoting me unless you have something to contribute. cheers.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

At_Lazuli

Haru17 wrote:

No not really I hate majora's mask and i love skyward sword which hasnt been remade

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

Haru17

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

You guys have all been begging for remakes and remakes and remakes all year, especially for Twilight Princess, I never understood it personally as the game isn't even a decade old...

Straw-man argument 1-oh-1, why don't you try and not-talk-dumb! (read in rhythm)

? please don't bother quoting me unless you have something to contribute. cheers.

...Ahem.

GLASS HOUSES!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Also, wow; did this just become the Majora's Mask hate thread? 0_0 I don't care what pedantic faults can be found, that game is still in the 99th percentile compared to everything else.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

The biggest thing going for Majora's Mask is that it's different. It's certainly okay to dislike Majora's Mask for those things that carried it too far from what was good, but it doesn't compare to the sin committed by many Zelda games, especially Minish Cap; being too close to A Link to the Past. I'd take a questionably experimental Zelda over a formula Zelda any day.

It just so happens that all of those things that were considered questionable in Majora's Mask worked for me wonderfully

On a related note, TriForce Heroes may kinda bug me with some of the things it's doing, but at least it's setting itself apart from 4 swords in every way. The story certainly is new to Zelda, at the very least.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nicolai

Tsurii wrote:

In what universe is Minish Cap similar to A Link to the Past....? -.-

Now, this is going off my foggy memory of playing Minish Cap a few years ago, but here's what I can remember:
They both use a very traditional feudal setting. Link lives with a Blacksmith in a house south (and slightly east) of the castle. Both had Hyrule Castle at the center or the map, with a wizard taking over and kidnapping princess Zelda. Many of the characters are based off of Ocarina of Time and other previous games that were based off of A Link to the Past. You had to cross the land and collect artifacts that unlock the mystical sword. It has a dual worlds mechanic in the form of the normal-sized perspective vs the tiny perspective. It has many similar items that not every Zelda has, such as the pegasus boots and the lantern. It uses a similar arrangement of the overworld theme. I'm sure there are more.

These may sound like things that most Zelda games have in common, but that's because most games are based on the formula that started with A Link to the Past. Majora's Mask was not one of those games.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Bolt_Strike

Majora's Mask is just a bad idea period. When I play a Zelda game, or any exploration game for that matter, I don't want to be held to a time limit. Exploration is all about discovering things at your own pace, and the 3 day system pretty much conflicts with that.

@Nicolai Those are very vague similarities. Minish Cap is plenty different enough from ALttP to be considered a unique game, it's only similar by comparison to other Zelda games which are very different from each other (too different IMO). I would actually put the dual worlds system as a significant difference between the two, sure it's another system that involves two copies of the same level but in terms of execution it's very different. With the dark world you simply explore two copies of the same world with some subtle design changes. But at Minish size, you interact with the levels completely differently, there's different paths that you can and can't take you interact with gameplay elements differently depending on your size. Then there's also Kinstone fusion, which adds to the exploration a bit by giving you new treasures and access to new areas.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

I'd be up for a Link's Awakening remake.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

This thread seems to have gone off-topic of the off-topic thing that had usurped it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Nicolai wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

In what universe is Minish Cap similar to A Link to the Past....? -.-

Now, this is going off my foggy memory of playing Minish Cap a few years ago, but here's what I can remember:
They both use a very traditional feudal setting. Link lives with a Blacksmith in a house south (and slightly east) of the castle. Both had Hyrule Castle at the center or the map, with a wizard taking over and kidnapping princess Zelda. Many of the characters are based off of Ocarina of Time and other previous games that were based off of A Link to the Past. You had to cross the land and collect artifacts that unlock the mystical sword. It has a dual worlds mechanic in the form of the normal-sized perspective vs the tiny perspective. It has many similar items that not every Zelda has, such as the pegasus boots and the lantern. It uses a similar arrangement of the overworld theme. I'm sure there are more.

These may sound like things that most Zelda games have in common, but that's because most games are based on the formula that started with A Link to the Past. Majora's Mask was not one of those games.

So what you're saying is that saying it's like LTTP is a dumb (or at least fairly pointless) thing to say.

Ok. Though you're ignoring that half of those things are potentially (if not unquestionably) unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

Meanwhile Zelda U is in a corner and crying because lack of attention.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jump

Blast wrote:

You keep saying that like it's a huge thing, it's a game that has been purposely hidden away for a shock and awe effect for when it's shown.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

arronishere wrote:

Blast wrote:

You keep saying that like it's a huge thing, it's a game that has been purposely hidden away for a shock and awe effect for when it's shown.

OR... it's being held captive by E3 2016.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nicolai

Wow, looks like my argument was eaten alive while I was asleep

@kkslider5552000: @Bolt_Strike: Perhaps I should make the point that none of those things I mentioned make Minish Cap a bad game. All I am saying is that Minish Cap, like many other Zelda games, have the feeling of using ALttP as a template, and Minish Cap doesn't. Minish Cap is still unique in countless ways, many of which are the really important things such as gameplay elements, features, and interaction with the world around you, as well as simply not featuring Ganon. But there are a number of things that remind me of ALttP as I play it, and you know that Capcom was looking closely at ALttP and OoT as they were making it. By contrast, Majora's Mask only uses the graphical engine and character models of OoT, but is different in almost every way.

Personally, this matters to me in video games. It may not to anyone else, but even if I get a vague feeling as playing the same game as before, I feel a bit redundant. I appreciate every asset that makes a game original.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Bolt_Strike

Nicolai wrote:

Wow, looks like my argument was eaten alive while I was asleep

@kkslider5552000: @Bolt_Strike: Perhaps I should make the point that none of those things I mentioned make Minish Cap a bad game. All I am saying is that Minish Cap, like many other Zelda games, have the feeling of using ALttP as a template, and Minish Cap doesn't. Minish Cap is still unique in countless ways, many of which are the really important things such as gameplay elements, features, and interaction with the world around you, as well as simply not featuring Ganon. But there are a number of things that remind me of ALttP as I play it, and you know that Capcom was looking closely at ALttP and OoT as they were making it. By contrast, Majora's Mask only uses the graphical engine and character models of OoT, but is different in almost every way.

Personally, this matters to me in video games. It may not to anyone else, but even if I get a vague feeling as playing the same game as before, I feel a bit redundant. I appreciate every asset that makes a game original.

And people say I have high standards when it comes to originality and innovation. There's nothing wrong with a template as long as they put a unique twist on it, and you actually need some consistency to ensure that the games retain what makes them good in the first place. Zelda doesn't really do this, and this is one reason why I'm turned off by several games in the series (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and now Triforce Heroes being good examples). IMO it's better to vary things with gameplay elements like shrinking or merging into walls or what have you because those kinds of mechanics add something unique to the gameplay without detracting from the game's quality.

Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic