Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 15,210

Octane

What about a theremin? Because that would make ''perfect sense'' in a Zelda game.

Wait, the Wind Baton wasn't that different from a theremin if you think about it.

Octane

Haiassai

Again... let's throw away realism and think about context. Every single instrument used in the Zelda series has made sense for the context they're in. Gorons have drums. Zora... I guess he was in a band, so despite the irony of Mikau being a water-dweller, he had an electric guitar. TP's theme had wolf howling. Saria, the wood dweller, gave Link an ocarina. As unrealistic as it may be, in WW the Wind Waker controlled the [apparent] frequency of the wind. They all existed in its proper context.

So from the little we've seen, what is the context of this Zelda universe? For a vast overworld... I could see a horn. Though it's rather woodsy... bass clarinet would be nice

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

hobthebob

MorphMarron wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: The Dog Whistle of Eternity.

YES. Aonuma and Miyamoto i hope you're reading this...

hobthebob

triforcepower73

Haiassai wrote:

Again... let's throw away realism and think about context. Every single instrument used in the Zelda series has made sense for the context they're in. Gorons have drums. Zora... I guess he was in a band, so despite the irony of Mikau being a water-dweller, he had an electric guitar. TP's theme had wolf howling. Saria, the wood dweller, gave Link an ocarina. As unrealistic as it may be, in WW the Wind Waker controlled the [apparent] frequency of the wind. They all existed in its proper context.

So from the little we've seen, what is the context of this Zelda universe? For a vast overworld... I could see a horn. Though it's rather woodsy... bass clarinet would be nice

I definitely wouldn't mind using a horn in Zelda. It would be interesting to see how they pull off the playing of it, that is if it is more than just pressing certain buttons to play the notes. As a violinist, I can't help but wonder what context a violin would fit in. Besides the side character(I forgot his name) in WW who played a leaf violin obviously. It would be cool to see Link playing violin imo.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Haiassai

triforcepower73 wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

I definitely wouldn't mind using a horn in Zelda. It would be interesting to see how they pull off the playing of it, that is if it is more than just pressing certain buttons to play the notes. As a violinist, I can't help but wonder what context a violin would fit in. Besides the side character(I forgot his name) in WW who played a leaf violin obviously. It would be cool to see Link playing violin imo.

I'm sayin... analogue stick + touch screen = wonders. Up/down bow w/ stick, touch screen notes. Though no double stops

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Wii U isn't getting the next Guitar Hero, so Zelda U needs an Ocarina Hero minigame. It's only fair.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Haiassai wrote:

It was totally an acoustic guitar, it didn't sound electric at all. I mean, it was literally a fish skeleton, so it couldn't be electric (that guitar, at least, wasn't magic, the songs were).

And I would actually like to see a violin instrument, Makar's sounded great. Sadly, I think that'll be relegated to Linsey Stirling DLC.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

Well, the guitar Link played as a Zora was just an altered Ocarina of Time, so technically it was still magical.

Mikau's was arguably just a standard acoustic fish-tar. Maybe. It stayed as his gravestone in the beach.

The real life counterpart of the guitar is electric though, so that's probably where that comes from.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

Well, the guitar Link played as a Zora was just an altered Ocarina of Time, so technically it was still magical.

Was it, though? I don't think that was ever made clear explicitly.

Eel

The fact that it could be used to travel back in time (which was a thing of the ocarina of time) kinda means it's magical.

After all, it's still the same and only instrument Link was carrying, it just changed with him.

You can see it when Deku Link gets the ocarina and it immediately becomes the pipes. Because magic.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Justlink

I don't think I'd like a Zelda game that had to tell me how and why everything works.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

shingi_70

Everyon'es going to get hype by the first reveal trailer on screen at E3 but than come down when below the Zelda logo it says 2016.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

The fact that it could be used to travel back in time (which was a thing of the ocarina of time) kinda means it's magical.

After all, it's still the same and only instrument Link was carrying, it just changed with him.

You can see it when Deku Link gets the ocarina and it immediately becomes the pipes. Because magic.

That makes sense, but honestly I don't think the Zelda team thought that all out so much as said 'the different forms should have different instruments, because that'd be cool'.

crimsoncavalier

shingi_70 wrote:

Everyon'es going to get hype by the first reveal trailer on screen at E3 but than come down when below the Zelda logo it says 2016.

I dunno ... I don't think Nintendo can not release that game this year.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

cookiex

shingi_70 wrote:

Unless a major holiday title is announced at E3 there wouldn't be any game big enough to fill the void Zelda U would leave.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

MsJubilee

shingi_70 wrote:

Everyone's going to get hype by the first reveal trailer on screen at E3 but than come down when below the Zelda logo it says 2016.

I wonder how many Zelda fans will freak out?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jacob717

shingi_70 wrote:

Why? They're not changing control schemes, which was why Skyward Sword was delayed, and they're not porting it to another console, which was why Twilight Princess was delayed.

Also, they've been working on this game for a long time, and were almost going to show it in E3 2013. I think it'll be ready for November 2015.

Jacob717

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic