Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 15,210

CaviarMeths

Also, for the 40 or so pages we all spent arguing over the writing in Zelda, boy, at least we don't have Nomura's fanfiction.net grade scripts here. I guess it's pretty obvious that I'm no fan of his work, but he's a much better artist than he is a writer.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Final Fantasy X Legend of Zelda sounds awesome to me only if Aonuma and Tetsuya Nomura worked together as a team. I would love to see the Legend of Zelda get a Final Fantasy twist to it. I bet Japan would totally love it, too.
Gotta admit... I really would love to see how Link and Zelda would look if a Legend of Zelda game had graphics like Final Fantasy XV. Go ahead and make fun of me. Hahah I'm ready for the onslaught. Final Fantasy XV's animations (seriously... watch the FF XV demo on Youtube. FF XV is looking to be very awesome) are crazy impressive and to see Link and Zelda just having those animations would make me cry tears of joy.

Ick, no, get it away. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a more JRPG-like, character-driven story. That being said crossovers are just stupid fan-marketing plots. And since Nintendo would want the game exclusive to Wii U and Square want it cross platform this would never happen.

A Legend of Zelda X Final Fantasy crossover sounds amazing to me. There wouldn't have to be leveling up just Final Fantasy XV's graphics and combat. Just the thought of Link and Zelda walking towards Epona in Final Fantasy XV's graphics just makes me drool. I've said a long time ago in this thread that I wanna feel cool when I swing a sword in a game that's not turn based. The first and last time I ever felt cool for swinging a sword in a Legend of Zelda game was Twilight Princess for the Wii. I personally really like flashy and cool animations when it comes to certain games. Hyrule Warriors comes close to that.

Zelda U will probably bring back and add some new fancy attack animations. And the game looks beautiful, why does it need to look like FF15? I think realistic cel shading is right for Zelda at present. The only thing FF15 might floor Zelda at is story and music, both of which are complete unknowns for Zelda ATM. Those FF15 combat themes, though... wow.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

Final Fantasy X Legend of Zelda sounds awesome to me only if Aonuma and Tetsuya Nomura worked together as a team. I would love to see the Legend of Zelda get a Final Fantasy twist to it. I bet Japan would totally love it, too.
Gotta admit... I really would love to see how Link and Zelda would look if a Legend of Zelda game had graphics like Final Fantasy XV. Go ahead and make fun of me. Hahah I'm ready for the onslaught. Final Fantasy XV's animations (seriously... watch the FF XV demo on Youtube. FF XV is looking to be very awesome) are crazy impressive and to see Link and Zelda just having those animations would make me cry tears of joy.

Nomura isn't an animator though. He's an artist. And I'm sure there are plenty of people just as qualified as Nomura to bring Aonuma his coffee. ^_^

Seriously though, I'd love to see a collaboration between Aonuma and Akihiko Yoshida. Not a ZeldaxFF collab, but some project. Final Fantasy XIV is the first time Yoshida has had the opportunity to flex his muscles and take advantage of powerful hardware in art direction and the result is gorgeous. FFXIV is beautiful both in stills and in motion.

On that note though, who even does the art for Zelda games? Does Aonuma assemble a new art team for each game? The only information I can really find at a glance is that a guy named Satoru Takizawa was the art director on Twilight Princess. Looking over his CV, he's done some other design work for Zelda, but TP is his only art direction credit.

On that note though, who even does the art for Zelda games? Does Aonuma assemble a new art team for each game? The only information I can really find at a glance is that a guy named Satoru Takizawa was the art director on Twilight Princess. Looking over his CV, he's done some other design work for Zelda, but TP is his only art direction credit.

[/quote]

Final Fantasy X Legend of Zelda concept: Imagine a party of Link and maybe... Lana from Hyrule Warriors. That's how the game starts off. As you're exploring Hyrule, you befriend a Goron with a cool personality, (the people that's like Princess Ruto... I forget their name at the moment) party member, and Impa. These people can join your party. There's a voice option for Link. One voice option has Link with a deeper voice while the other is pretty much what everyone expects Link to sound like if he could talk. And lastly.. .a voice option for Link to not say anything and just have Navi be his voice.
Final Fantasy's well known Summons can be FREAKING LEGENDARY LEGEND OF ZELDA CHARACTERS! Imagine doing a summon of the owl from Ocarina of Time or Skull Kid or The Great Fairy or whoever!!!
There's a point in the game where Zelda is playable and you have access to stuff Link can't access. She eventually joins Link's party.
Ohmygawd, the ideas are running in my head like crazy!!!

Hahah I have no idea who does the art for Zelda games.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

Final Fantasy X Legend of Zelda concept: Imagine a party of Link and maybe... Lana from Hyrule Warriors. That's how the game starts off. As you're exploring Hyrule, you befriend a Goron with a cool personality, (the people that's like Princess Ruto... I forget their name at the moment) party member, and Impa. These people can join your party. There's a voice option for Link. One voice option has Link with a deeper voice while the other is pretty much what everyone expects Link to sound like if he could talk. And lastly.. .a voice option for Link to not say anything and just have Navi be his voice.
Final Fantasy's well known Summons can be FREAKING LEGENDARY LEGEND OF ZELDA CHARACTERS! Imagine doing a summon of the owl from Ocarina of Time or Skull Kid or The Great Fairy or whoever!!!
There's a point in the game where Zelda is playable and you have access to stuff Link can't access. She eventually joins Link's party.

A party based Zelda spinoff could be cool, but why do we need Square or the Final Fantasy brand involved? And 'the people that's like Princess Ruto'?!? YOU MEAN THE ZORAS!?! The immensely google-able zoras that are on Princess Ruto's wikia page??? You're physically hurting me with this.

And everyone but skull kid + Majora's Mask + Moon and some of the more impressive bosses would compare unfavorably to FF15's summons (of which the first 2 are quite impressive).

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Ick, no, get it away. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a more JRPG-like, character-driven story. That being said crossovers are just stupid fan-marketing plots. And since Nintendo would want the game exclusive to Wii U and Square want it cross platform this would never happen.

A Legend of Zelda X Final Fantasy crossover sounds amazing to me. There wouldn't have to be leveling up just Final Fantasy XV's graphics and combat. Just the thought of Link and Zelda walking towards Epona in Final Fantasy XV's graphics just makes me drool. I've said a long time ago in this thread that I wanna feel cool when I swing a sword in a game that's not turn based. The first and last time I ever felt cool for swinging a sword in a Legend of Zelda game was Twilight Princess for the Wii. I personally really like flashy and cool animations when it comes to certain games. Hyrule Warriors comes close to that.

Zelda U will probably bring back and add some new fancy attack animations. And the game looks beautiful, why does it need to look like FF15? I think realistic cel shading is right for Zelda at present. The only thing FF15 might floor Zelda at is story and music, both of which are complete unknowns for Zelda ATM. Those FF15 combat themes, though... wow.

Zelda U will be fine. It looks beautiful and I bet its gonna bring some cool stuff to the table. I would just like to see a spinoff of Final Fantasy X Legend of Zelda with Final Fantasy's art, graphics, some gameplay influences BUT Legend of Zelda's world and Legend of Zelda's style. That's just something I personally would really love to see happen.

Wind Waker HD.... great game but its combat was so boring for me. The only part that was thrilling and adrenaline pumping (combat wise) was the last boss fight for me. I think of alotta cool combat moments in Twilight Princess.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

A party based Zelda spinoff could be cool, but why do we need Square or the Final Fantasy brand involved? And 'the people that's like Princess Ruto'?!? YOU MEAN THE ZORAS!?! The immensely google-able zoras that are on Princess Ruto's wikia page??? You're physically hurting me with this.

And everyone but skull kid + Majora's Mask + Moon and some of the more impressive bosses would compare unfavorably to FF15's summons (of which the first 2 are quite impressive).

I keep bringing up Square Enix because they are like the only JRPG guys who care about tons of animations and varied stuff. Even Atlus doesn't care that much about having tons of animations and that's fine. I honestly forgot how to spell Zoras I thought it was "zura".

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

You lost me on "Final Fantasy." I oppose this already

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

TingLz wrote:

You lost me on "Final Fantasy." I oppose this already

Hahah it would be a spinoff... not a main entry of the series. Its like people who attacked Hyrule Warriors for not being a "real" Zelda game without giving it a chance. But I know you don't care for Final Fantasy, which is fine, so I'll just stop here.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

MorphMarron wrote:

If they collaborated, I'd rather get a "Theathrythm: The Legend of Zelda" out of it.

That would be very cool. That should happen, too.

Master of the Hype Train

Nicolai

Haiassai wrote:

Whatever the instrument is, it should fit the medium of the world. I think a horn would be really cool. Air flow with analogue stick to alter the partials and touch screen for the valves!

I don't know if you were talking about a traditional horn, but as a professional horn player, I would probably die of happiness if this happened! It wouldn't even have to have valves, just assign the buttons to a few notes of the overtone series, and short calls on the horn would make a whole lot more sense, than say OoT's repeated 3-note melodies on the ocarina. The horn is such a more powerful instrument than anything Link has played thus far. I think it would be cool!
Untitled
Please excuse my nerdiness, friends

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

Nicolai wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Whatever the instrument is, it should fit the medium of the world. I think a horn would be really cool. Air flow with analogue stick to alter the partials and touch screen for the valves!

I don't know if you were talking about a traditional horn, but as a professional horn player, I would probably die of happiness if this happened! It wouldn't even have to have valves, just assign the buttons to a few notes of the overtone series, and short calls on the horn would make a whole lot more sense, than say OoT's repeated 3-note melodies on the ocarina. The horn is such a more powerful instrument than anything Link has played thus far. I think it would be cool!

Well, it does make more sense to call Epona with a horn than a ocarina, at least a horn would create a sound that could be heard a long distance away. Thinking about it, with this new large world... You know where I'm getting at.

Octane

Haiassai

Nicolai wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Untitled

I high-five any fellow musicians here!

blast wrote:

Final Fantasy X Legend of Zelda sounds awesome to me only if Aonuma and Tetsuya Nomura worked together as a team

I'd rather have a Bethesda X Nintendo crossover for Zelda. The last time Square had a crossover with Nintendo, I was utterly frustrated that they never made a second game. I still am. FREAKIN SUPER MARIO RPG NEEDS TO HAPPEN AGAIN. Excuse me while I go cry. But really... a FF crossover would be rather strange. Maybe the Ivalice universe of FF... but the other ones are too different of a fantasy genre than I think Zelda is ready for yet.

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Haiassai

Octane wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Well, it does make more sense to call Epona with a horn than a ocarina, at least a horn would create a sound that could be heard a long distance away. Thinking about it, with this new large world... You know where I'm getting at.

To harken back to Haru's argument: magic is magic. For me, the horn represents the hunt wayy too much to call for a horse. I'd rather call a horse through a whisper (or a whistle, like Gandalf the BA)

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Haru17

Haiassai wrote:

Octane wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

To harken back to Haru's argument: magic is magic. For me, the horn represents the hunt wayy too much to call for a horse. I'd rather call a horse through a whisper (or a whistle, like Gandalf the BA)

The grass whistles in TP were neat. I'd love if the new instrument allowed Link to practice falconry like that. That's way cooler than a boomerang.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

If we're talking about an instrument that must be small and portable, yet also powerful enough to carry sound great distances, then I don't think it gets any more practical than the wind baton, fantastical as it is in nature. For more realistic instruments, the Ocarina of Time and Spirit Flute were probably the best ideas as far as practicality goes.

There's definitely something inherently cool about whistling for your horse though.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

If we're talking about an instrument that must be small and portable, yet also powerful enough to carry sound great distances, then I don't think it gets any more practical than the wind baton, fantastical as it is in nature. For more realistic instruments, the Ocarina of Time and Spirit Flute were probably the best ideas as far as practicality goes.

There's definitely something inherently cool about whistling for your horse though.

Well, let's not think too much on realism. Whatever instrument we get it'll be magical (or at least a product of exaggerated reality). After all, if it doesn't have some special effect music would only have an aesthetic purpose in the game.

Edited on by Haru17

triforcepower73

I seriously think they should give Link a full sized grand piano! I mean, wouldn't it be awesome? Your shopping in town, then you go out to the fields and pull out this badass grand piano and start jamming out Epona's song on it. Then Epona comes booking it through the trees, and you stow the piano away in your satchel like a badass! It would be SO COOL!!!

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Haru17

triforcepower73 wrote:

I seriously think they should give Link a full sized grand piano! I mean, wouldn't it be awesome? Your shopping in town, then you go out to the fields and pull out this badass grand piano and start jamming out Epona's song on it. Then Epona comes booking it through the trees, and you stow the piano away in your satchel like a badass! It would be SO COOL!!!

I want to see a goron one man band real bad...

hobthebob

Goron drums would rock. Or what if link played the spoons! Clickety clack! Lol

hobthebob

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic