Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,501 to 15,520 of 15,521

Hikingguy

@Dezzy Well.....there is a small reward if a person takes the time to get them all. So they did at least acknowledge it. But I would bet that most people would think the reward does not fit the time necessary to accomplish the task.

Hikingguy

FaeKnight

Zelda games, there usually isn't much need for post game content. Breath of the WIld is an outlier in that regard.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

toiletduck

@FaeKnight because the main game lacks content...?

Personally I never felt the urge to collect all available Korok seeds. What I find charming though, is that I'm finding a bunch of new ones I previously missed. That way, it makes replaying the game even more fun for me.

toiletduck

FaeKnight

It would have been nice IMO if instead of 120 optional (sort of) puzzle/combat shrines there was the usual 8-12 full dungeons. But to be honest BotW doesn't feel like it's lacking in content. Between the main quest, side quests, shrines, and just how fun exploring is, the game has a lot to do.

EDIT: It's kind of like the Elder Scroll games in that regard. The main story is fairly short, but the game it's self has so much stuff that you never feel like there's nothing to do.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

gcunit

Does anyone else find Daruk's Protection a distraction as much as it is a help?

I'm trying to improve my dodging and parrying, but every time I hold the left trigger to target the enemy, this massive orange/green ball fills the screen and I can't really judge the enemy's attack properly.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FaeKnight

Kind of, but at the same time it negates the need to dodge or parry for 3 hits. Precision ones are more difficult (not that I can do them easily anyway), but you can still dodge normally.

FaeKnight

Hikingguy

@gcunit Yeah. I turn it off most of the time. I only turn it on when I am going to need it.

Edit: Sometimes I will turn off Urbosa's Fury too.

Edited on by Hikingguy

Hikingguy

FaeKnight

I never managed to figure out how to use the Loft one. The on-screen instructions (charge a jump) make no sense, and don't work from what I could tell.

FaeKnight

gcunit

@Hikingguy Never knew you could turn them off. Even tried earlier before my last post, just didn't think to press A as there's no prompt when you hover over. Thanks, I'll try it.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Yosheel

You just need to press and hold the jump button.

Link will jump, then get on his knee and you’ll hear Revali do a sound when the charge is ready.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Hikingguy

@gcunit I do not think it is explained at all in the game. I must have accidentally figured it out because I was upset that every time I pressed the shield button that Daruk's Protection would pop up. It bothered me to no end.
And then if I remember correctly, when I wanted to cut grass I would always trigger Urbosa's Fury and I figured there must be a better way.

Hikingguy

FaeKnight

Yeah, none of that would happen. Link would jump, then stand there, and nothing else would happen. Thus why I couldn't figure out the maneuver.

FaeKnight

Hikingguy

This kind of highlights one of my biggest complaints and trends that seems to have started with the Switch. An Instruction manual might have help out. But Nintendo seems to have faded them out. And they seem to have either just ditched them altogether or they started charging for them with those "official guides" or starter guides that you can buy with gold or platinum points from my Nintendo or real money at stores or online. They have had official guides for decades, but they are usually supplementary.
I am not a fan of not including manuals with games. AT least the Wii U had a digital manual. But I have not found an equivalent with the Switch. Maybe I am just missing it. I would love for something to be there.

Hikingguy

FaeKnight

It's not just Nintendo. Do you know what kind of instruction booklet my physical XB1 games have? Doom has a health warning, and a diagram of what the controller buttons do Which is more then any of my other physical copies provide, other then Fallout 4 (which again has a diagram of what button does what).

FaeKnight

Yosheel

FaeKnight wrote:

Yeah, none of that would happen. Link would jump, then stand there, and nothing else would happen. Thus why I couldn't figure out the maneuver.

Well then you either don't have it or it's inactive. Try turning it on in the menu.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FaeKnight

Yosheel wrote:

FaeKnight wrote:

Well then you either don't have it or it's inactive. Try turning it on in the menu.

Considering I beat Ganon after finishing all the main quests (yes, all 4 divine beasts) and have no clue how you'd turn the powers off?

FaeKnight

Yosheel

You do it in the menu where you can see their glowy ghostly orbs and read their descriptions, you might have turned it off by accident.

Look I’m just saying, there’s nothing complicated about that input, if you can do a Urbosas Fury, you can do a Revalis Gale. It’s basically the same method mapped to different buttons. The only way for you to be unable to do it, is because you somehow turned it off or forgot to collect it (though that second one is less likely, but it’s possible to do it!)

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

FaeKnight

Point of fact, I frequently can't do Urbosa's Fury (due to getting hit during the charge up).

FaeKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic