Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,501 to 15,520 of 15,539

wafflesngravy

Hey guys, can I ask you a dumb question? Is it possible to play Zelda with multiple users taking turns? I want to start playing this with my daughter, but I'm wondering if there are natural ending places where the controller could be passed back and forth regularly? I don't want to read too much or watch any walk through videos to find out because at this point I know very little about the game and don't want to spoil too much. We just bought a switch recently and have not tried anything other than mk8d at this point, but I really wanna play zelda, but I don't really wanna play alone either. Doable?

wafflesngravy

Morpheel

You could simply each get a turn after every death or every other shrine, etc. Set a goal or limit, and alternate players when it's done.

There's also the backseat gamer approach where your daughter plays but you helicopter behind her.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

wafflesngravy

Ok cool, so it's like many other games where you need to complete a level, but if you die you try again? That could work as we've played other games that way. She's 12 so back seat doesn't work for her lol. I'll probably just have to buy it and try it. I've been out of the nintendo universe since the 90s so sorry for the newbie question. Havent played a zelda game since the original. Been playing MK8 and the Zelda Track (with music) has really made me wanna play this new version.

wafflesngravy

Morpheel

@wafflesngravy most of the game itself is "open world", so there's no defined boundaries between "levels", you just go a find stuff in a huge map.

However, thrown around the map are shrines and other smaller challenges with well defined boundaries that you could consider a "level".

So, in short, it's a game about exploration.

When you die, the game simply sends you back to the last automatic or manual save it has available, whichever is most recent.

It could work very well in the backseat format, with one person playing and the other trying to look for points of interest the player might miss. But it could also work well in a "taking turns" format as well.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Hikingguy

@wafflesngravy I would say there are not "typical" ending points per se. But once you get the flow of the game, it will become apparent where logical cut off points might be. I would second @Delibheel you can make them up on the fly, short or long term. Goals can be small and/or bigger. Find X amount of koroks, do X amounts of shrines, each do 2 of the 4 Divine Beasts, find a new town or stable, unlock a new area, find or defeat X number of Stone Talus or Hinox, do any number of side quests (new ones will always present themselves). There are really almost endless amounts of "goals" to set.
But, I believe the more you play the more the potentials goals will make sense and will be easier to set.
Hope that helps

Hikingguy

Octane

Save yourself the 60 bucks and get ten pizzas instead. Just make sure they're pineapple-free.

Octane

Morpheel

What a foul way to waste pizza. Never forget the pineapple~

Eh! My gameplay videos

wafflesngravy

Where do you live that you get pizza for 6 bucks each?

wafflesngravy

Morpheel

6 dollars sounds normal for a regular pizza. I think.

Eh! My gameplay videos

gcunit

@wafflesngravy How frequently do you want to take turns? There's an in-game clock and a full day-night cycle. You could play an in-game day each, or swap every 12 hours, for example, or just every 10 IRL minutes. Doing it any other way could foreseeably result in fairly uneven turn-taking.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

@wafflesngravy

For the first half of the game, you stumble upon a new shrine every 10 minutes or so while you're exploring the world. So you could easily take turns exploring and then doing a shrine, before swapping over.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

3dg3d3m0n

This is bugging me! I have the ancient saddle and bridle, but how do I equip them to my horse? When I select them from my inventory nothing happens?
Im prepared for the forehead slapping moment once I find out how as Im betting it is something blindingly simple...

3dg3d3m0n

HobbitGamer

@3dg3d3m0n A few stables have someone tending the horses that can change your bridle and saddle. I wanna say Outskirts Stable is one (near the horse fairy fountain), but I don’t remember the others.
Just be aware that “special horses” can’t be changed. (Epona, Gerudo Giant, Stalhorse, Lord of the Mountain)

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

erv

Pineapple on pizza is a good thing. Just saying.

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

gcunit

I went for dinner with some relatives yesterday. One of my nieces had a pizza where the only topping, besides the tomato and cheese base, was pineapple. Looked beautiful.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

HobbitGamer

There’s a reason the pineapple facsimile in BotW is a Hearty Durian.
Y u no like extra hearts, Octane!? 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@gcunit Isn't it just delicious? This is now my preferred play method.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic