Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,281 to 15,300 of 15,521

Dezzy

@Inertiacreep

It's the Lynel in the coliseum place.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

electrolite77

@Inertiacreep

Yeah first time I saw their reaction to the bananas I struggled to carry on I was laughing that much.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Hallonblad

Inertiacreep wrote:

anybody make it through the ninja clan hideout by killing everyone instead of sneaking?

I have, just to try it out, but frankly I find it more fun and challenging to do a no kill/sneak run of it. Preferably armed only with a ton of bananas.

RR529 wrote:

However, I later discovered you can simply glide down into the final area of the hideout from the Gerudo Highlands, so assume you'd be able to circumvent the bulk of the hideout that way. Can't test it out myself however, as I've already completed it.

I've never even thought of that! Will try next time I start a new save file, for sure. XD

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Nicolai

RR529 wrote:

However, I later discovered you can simply glide down into the final area of the hideout from the Gerudo Highlands, so assume you'd be able to circumvent the bulk of the hideout that way. Can't test it out myself however, as I've already completed it.

That's actually how I first found that area. Unfortunately, no cutscene triggers, and the door to the hideout is sealed off. Its just an empty arena until you enter the proper way.

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

kkslider5552000

"Personally I think Nintendo need to put Zelda to bed. It's done. Finished. Dusted. Kill it. Progress the story, change it dramatically. Or let it die on it's a***. I would be delighted it Iwata turned around and said in 2007 "We're not making anymore Zelda games"."
-a post from Eurogamer towards the end of 2006

I post this because
1. This person is a tool even in the context of 2006
2. It is hilarious in the context of BOTW's existence

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Hallonblad

Nicolai wrote:

RR529 wrote:

That's actually how I first found that area. Unfortunately, no cutscene triggers, and the door to the hideout is sealed off. Its just an empty arena until you enter the proper way.

Never mind my earlier comment then. Boo, Nintendo, that's boring! Though I guess you have to save Bertha so...

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Voldemort807

Just finished the game 30 minutes ago! Around 90 hours, enjoyed every minute. I am disappointed that nothing happens when you beat it and Hyrule Castle is still taken over though.

Voldemort807

Bass_X0

Untitled

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Alantor28

I finally beaten the Trial of the Sword's Final Trial and have fully upgraded the Master Sword. And I must say, it is surpassed my expectations and I love using the True Master Sword. It has a insane but really awesome high durability and deals much more damage when it was in it's previous forms. I am gonna enjoy using the Master Sword to hunt for Korok Seeds. Now I need to do the Champion's Ballad and complete all side quests before I can take the fight to Ganon!

Alantor28

kkslider5552000

This is not a negative (at least in the same way it would be for a lot of games), but recording a small chunk of this game made it apparent how often I feel obligated to check the terrain of an area only to find nothing.

BOTW is really a game about just exploring for the sake of it as much as anything.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Ryu_Niiyama

Started master mode for the heck of it. Geez I’m starting to see how ganon wrecked an army of guardians. I feel like I’m playing demon souls. I have to run from everything.

Working on the master sword trial. Master mode is helping with this.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

DarthNocturnal

@Ryu_Niiyama

I find the buffed enemies are somewhat offset by the fact that the newly added floating chests can have strong weapons in them. Like, beyond current level, well into double digits strong.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Agriculture

This is a weird question, but can you fall of the stairs at the end of the Trial of the Sword? I beat all three trials, and when I got to each of the last rooms with the stairs that had no guide rails I always walked super carefully. I always wondered if it's possible to just fall off there and what happens if you do? Do you just die and lose the entire trial?

Agriculture

Peek-a-boo

I have completed 16 shrines, made my way to Impa, received the camera from Purah after doing a few bits and bobs (such as lighting the blue furnace and seeking out memories), and I have only just met Prince Sidon outside of Zora’s Domain.

Is the gist of the game mostly doing quests to reach each location where the Divine Beasts are, as well as seeking shrines to build your stamina or gain a heart container?

There’s no dungeons or anything like that?

Does equipping a bow & arrow, a weapon and a shield makes your stamina run out quicker?

A part of me is enjoying this game, especially the sense of adventure, whilst another (bigger) part of me is missing the classic/traditional Zelda template. I believe I have put at least ten hours into this so far, and Hyrule still feels too overwhelming, even with the travel/warping and the paraglider available.

Peek-a-boo

DarthNocturnal

@Peek-a-boo

It is kinda líke Majora's Mask; few main objectives, lots of side objectives. There are some more traditional dungeons, but none are terribly long. And having stuff equipped in every slot makes no difference. It's Zelda; when has carrying a ton of gear ever slowed Link down?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Octane

@Peek-a-boo There are some... things(?) that resemble dungeons, or rather, big shrines. But there are no themed dungeons like older games have.

And no, I don't think it matters. I haven't noticed any difference myself. Whether you're running around in full armour or almost naked, I don't think it affects you stamina.

Octane

Chandlero

@Peek-a-boo The game is the adventure. You want to defeat Calamity Ganon. How to do this, is your own choice. You may build up some stamina and hearts while finding shrines, you may help people with side quests and may reach the Divine Beasts as they play an important role in the history of Hyrule.
Enjoy the game! Enjoy the freedom and try to explore this huge world. And don't let you spoiler here!

Edited on by Chandlero

RR529

@Peek-a-boo, the Divine Beasts are the game's dungeons (though maybe not quite as big as traditional dungeons). Well, them and Hyrule Castle, which you can infiltrate from multiple angles.

I don't believe your equipment affects your stamina, but you might want to get a second opinion on that.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic