Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,281 to 15,300 of 15,343

Grumblevolcano

@shadow-wolf I can confirm Kakariko Village is a laggy mess with the 1.4.1 update on Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shadow-wolf

@Grumblevolcano Thank you for the info! I was hoping for frame rate improvements but I guess not unfortunately.

shadow-wolf

kkslider5552000

So I haven't gotten to BOTW yet, but when I do (and at the risk of asking an overly asked question), when should I download the DLC? Immediately or after beating the game or sometime in between?

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Immediately, some of the contents of DLC pack 1 will be useful right away like Hero's Path.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@kkslider5552000 @Grumblevolcano Disagree. I think the best way to play that game is to just go where the wind takes you. Only use the Pro HUD, and don't be in any rush to fill-in all the map areas.

Hero's Path is a great feature for them to add, but if you start using it from the start you'll lose the organic adventure that makes the game what it is loved for. That feature saves 200hrs of location data, so there's plenty of time.

I waited until after I'd completed the ultimate objective of the game before using Hero's Path, and I'm glad I did.

If your aim is just to complete everything as soon as possible then it will help you do that, but you'll be sacrificing a major element of the game's quality if you take that approach.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Xenoblade Chronicles; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Tsurii

@kkslider5552000 I'd say do most of the main story (and whatever sidequests you feel like doing, obviously) before you get into the DLC. You do not need any of it for a normal playthrough, and the meat of the DLC requires you to get a buch of important stuff and/or beat most of the big dungeons (you'll know how much you have to do once you play it, if you haven't been spoiled on those things yet)

And as "post-game" content that stuff is great, if you enjoyed what you've been doing in Breath of the Wild up to that point. There's some armor you can get right away with the DLC but almost all of it is outclassed entirely by other armor in the game and you can't even upgrade any of the DLC stuff which means you'll walk around with 1/4 of the defense you could (and sometimes should) have.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

kkslider5552000

thank you for the information. I'll probably do it post-game/right before end game based on this info.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

CroRock

Didn’t play BOTW for some time and gave it a one more try last night and... I got bored after one shrine and 30 min wondering around. Had It on Wii U and beated two beasts. Then I bought it for Switch and beaten two same beasts and then stop playing. Didn’t even get in castle just once. When I see guardians around I just lost interest.
WHATS WRONG WITH ME?! 😡

Maybe there’s so much to do that I dont know what to do 😀. Kudos to people playing it for 200+ hours. I got more hours in Xenoblade 2 in a week then in BOTW over almost a year.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

-Green-

The Bokoblins in this game are more difficult than the actual bosses, why do you do this Nintendo. Playing in Master Mode they're such damage sponges and the stupid durability system keeps on being my worst enemy.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CroRock

@Octane
Nice try LOL

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Faruko

This feeling of discovery is something ive never experienced before.

I'm finally not caring about going somewhere because the game put an icon and told me i should go, i'm going because i i saw something interesting and that could be fun and exciting to explore, the journey is by far the best part of this game.

That's besides the game being perfect.

And you know ? It's the first game i can remember that keeps me thinking about it and what other adventures i'm going to have or how to solve that one little shrine

Developers spend a lot of time creating these worlds, so it's obvious they might want you to see that one particular thing. But is this freedom of seeing what i want that makes it so good

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

rallydefault

@CroRock
It's all good. I'm way over 100 hours in the game, and I've recently gotten back into it on Hero Mode (hard mode, whatever lol) for what I'm sure will be another 100+ hours. But see, a game like Xenoblade I would play for a couple hours, put down, and then never come back to. Just different preferences.

Though I still say BotW is NOT a Zelda game, and I hope we get an actual Zelda game on the Switch at some point <grumble grumble>.

rallydefault

Snaplocket

Replaying this game for the first time and I'm having just as much fun as the first time. The DLC isn't really worth it though.

Snaplocket

MisterPi

Consider me relieved. Now they can hopefully refine their ideas for the next one

MisterPi

Ralizah

Good. I absolutely adore Breath of the Wild, but I'd always prefer they move on to making the next game in the series ASAP.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Spanjard

Me personally, I was really hoping the Zelda team would make a Starfox Zero game.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic