Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,261 to 15,280 of 15,343

carlos82

@SKTTR yes from a marketing perspective you are correct with what is new and I wasn't trying to say you were wrong and if it come across that way I apologise. What my point is that from a players perspective that there is no way that anyone can say we have 24 new items and 8 new enemies because it simply isn't true.

All I'm saying is that there has been very little new content across the season pass padded out with a lot of recycled content and I find it very disappointing. Check out the Horizon Zero Dawn season pass for comparison and it's much cheaper. If you're happy with it then great, it's still Zelda and still fun to play but I suspect the vast majority I'm here were either expecting something more or could come up with a much better idea.

carlos82

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

@Dezzy Fortunately I found that same place whilst playing last night, but I think there's probably plenty of people out there who would appreciate spoiler tags around mentions of things as cool as that.

Except in the normal scheme of things, I bet most people will never even know it exists. Not sure if that counts as a spoiler. Especially given that I didn't say how you find it.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

bezerker99

I finally got tired of playing Breath of the Wild on my Wii U and went and got the Explorer's Edition over the weekend. Playing this on Switch is now my 3rd playthrough of the game lol.

And yep, I bought the DLC for both Wii U and Switch versions. I know that's crazy but IDC. I would rather spend my money on something I know I will play and enjoy rather than buying the latest, newest game that hits store shelves.

The little booklet that comes with this edition is pretty sweet! Untitled

Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
My name in a video game
My name in a video game thread

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter:

MisterPi

Finished the DLC. The only interesting parts were the dungeon and boss. Ironically the boss is way more epic and fun to beat than any other in the game.

Also, didn't they say this DLC would have a playable character since before launch? What happened to that?

MisterPi

Bart_T

So, after I haven't played BotW in a few months, I'm definitely feeling the itch to get back in there. How long into the DLC does it take to get the bike, though?

Also now to decide whether to start anew or take my 80-hour savegame into the new DLC... descisions, descisions.

Bart_T

carlos82

@Bart_T you don't get the bike until you finish the dlc which should take about 5 or 6 hours. I wouldn't start a new file for it though as you don't have access to it until after the Divine Beasts are completed and at that point you'll just be repeating certain sections

Edited on by carlos82

carlos82

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Switchcraft

Help!

Minor spoilers: DLC content Waterblight Ganon IR
I keep running out of arrows. I don't have enough arrows to get him off the ceiling. There is no way to reach him at that point? What am I overlooking?

Gameplay matters.

Spanjard

Having revisited this game, because of the DLC, it’s all so nostalgic, and it has not even been a full year yet!
I truly do love this game.

I just finished the master sword trials as well. Really had fun with those. I felt like writing about it, so here it is: (I feel these are not real spoilers but I might as well)
[spoiler] After I finally beat the 2nd one, I was curious and went on to check out the 3rd and final trail.
Even though I made some bad moves in the beginning, which resulted in me having only 3 or 4 hearts, I pushed onwards and found myself doing pretty well thinking to myself, I might actually make this!
Later on, having found 2 chests with ancient arrows in them, I knew what to expect and oh boy, it wasn’t a good feeling. But first, a Lynel... A duel. This was the time to shine, and not having faced a Lynel in maybe 7 months wasn’t exactly encouraging... But to my surprise, I got the feel for it again. And even though he destroyed several of my strongest weapons, I came out considerably well. Next!
And oh yes, there they were, all kinds of guardians stuck in the ground. This was the time to be prepared and strategic! And save my 6 precious arrows! As I was taking them out, 1 by 1, something unexpected happened, which made me panic and waste 4 freaking arrows! Well it was me or those arrows...
Next floor! This was quite humorous. A free roaming Guardian in the top left and 2 horses in the bottem right. Taking my time to tame a horse while keeping an eye out for the guardian was both fun and nerve racking. Used 1 arrow and I was done with it. Next!
This one was boring, but it didn’t prevent me from using my last ancient arrow... Next!
This surely must be it, I thought to myself, the last floor! A Guardian, Guardian Skywatcher and a Guardian Turret. I tell you, those flying Guardians are a pest to take out without ancient arrows. I took them out slowly but carefully one at a time. This was surely it, right? As the game was loading, I was begging for it to be over. I had come this far on my first try!
But it wasn’t to be... as the loading came to an end, a new floor was before me. This was truly a frightening sight to behold. A White-Maned Lynel surrounded by plenty bokoblins on horseback with a Guardian Turret ominously in the background. This was my surely my doom. I considered my options, I had 2 fairies to replenish 5 hearts but more importantly, save me from 2 instadeaths. I had a couple of rations left, but nothing to write home about. So this was it. I decided to grab my Lynel bow, which could shoot 3 arrows at once, and obliterate the whole pack with bomb arrows. This had some striking results, but unfortunately a couple of the bokoblins survived. This meant I had to deal with them while a lovely Lynel was hunting me down, oh and not to forget a freaking laser forcing me to run around like a mad man.
I finally finished off the remaining bokoblins, but in all the chaos I took 2 hits from the Lynel who killed me TWICE, leaving me without any fairy. I ate all the food I had and took on the Lynel with the Turret out of sight. My adrenaline was skyrocketing. I had nothing left and here I was fighting a White Lynel. This Lynel however, had a spear, and because of that seemed quite predictable, he did many of the same moves. So my only real worry now was: do I have enough weapons to take him out!?
As I was fighting the Lynel more and more, I gained confidence. Till...he decided to get angry and do a special “roaring” move (which till date I still haven’t figured out), and in doing so took most of my hearts. 3/4 heart is what I had to work with here. I chuckled as I realized how much the odds were against me. My confidence plummeted because now he had a move I didn’t understand how to dodge let alone see coming. Now it was “shoot m in da face” time. Which was really effective in giving me time to attack. After so many rounds of arrows I finally killed the beast, watched him kneel before me and disappear into thin air. Took one of the horses and destroyed the Turret. Next!?
Finally! I was so happy to see the end floor! The relief was incredible. This was so awesome. [/spoiler]

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Faruko

Gotta say, Zelda BotW is the first open world game I've really enjoy

If only because it's the only game that it's free and open as i want it to be and doesn't put 737258492 little icons with [removed] stuff to do at the start of the game just for the sake of it, it let me enjoy the game the way i want to

It's so good.

Edited on by Octane

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

BillyBlane

Switchcraft wrote:

Help!

Minor spoilers: DLC content Waterblight Ganon IR
I keep running out of arrows. I don't have enough arrows to get him off the ceiling. There is no way to reach him at that point? What am I overlooking?

If you are really desperate use Urbosa's Fury.

BillyBlane

MisterPi

My memory is fuzzy, but can't you deflect something back to him without needing arrows?

MisterPi

Switchcraft

BillyBlane wrote:

If you are really desperate use Urbosa's Fury.

Of course I used that up for the trial fighting the four ancient devices and that was just before entering the boss... Haha.

Operative2-0 wrote:

My memory is fuzzy, but can't you deflect something back to him without needing arrows?

Yes, I found out that you can stun the ice blocks he throws and then hit them back. But it gets too difficult in the last part when he throws 5 blocks.

Ok, so it seems I will have to run around a bit before facing this boss. Will try recharging Urbosa's Fury.

Gameplay matters.

-Green-

Cryonis despawns his ice blocks. Makes him a complete push over.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

GameOtaku

Finally nearing the end of the game. While I think it's a great game I do have a lot of issues with it, primarily the weapon durability system. (The master sword BREAKS! THE MASTER SWORD BREAKS!) I've been collecting wood and stone so why can't I craft arrows?

GameOtaku

Agriculture

GameOtaku wrote:

Finally nearing the end of the game. While I think it's a great game I do have a lot of issues with it, primarily the weapon durability system. (The master sword BREAKS! THE MASTER SWORD BREAKS!) I've been collecting wood and stone so why can't I craft arrows?

If the Master Sword didn't run out of energy, then people would just stop using all other weapons as soon as they got the Master Sword.

Agriculture

DarthNocturnal

Considering the Master Sword is only about a mid-tier weapon, damage-wise, and only gets boosted when fighting guardians, I think there is still incentive to use other weapons.

And since the trials needed to permanently boost it's power no doubt require a decent deal of effort (and will likely be done by the time you're almost finished with the game anyway), I don't think one infinite use weapon is going to hurt anything.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

SKTTR

Makes no sense starting over the game for the new DLC as you wouldn't miss anything but would have to replay most of the base story (the 4 divine beasts).
Only makes sense if you wanna play again on Master Mode.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

ValhallaOutcast

@GameOtaku you find arrows and purcahse them

you collect wood and flint to start camp fires to change the time of day

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Snaplocket

Replaying this game after Xenoblade 2, I really appreciate how not every cutscene is an FMW. Don't get me wrong, the fully voiced cinematics are really cool, but after having to sit EVERY SINGLE CUT-SCENE in Xenoblade 2 without interruption (lest I miss out on the plot) really tested my penitence. Just because you can make every story event a fully voiced FMV doesn't mean you should. Games like this, YS VIII, and Nier Automata have a good idea on how to handle voices and cut-scenes in games.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Snaplocket

shadow-wolf

Has anyone played the Wii U version with the 1.4.1 update and saw any improvements? Like improvements to frame rate in Kakariko Village and the Korok Forest?

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic