Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,261 to 15,280 of 15,555

Old_Goat_Ninja

After beating this game awhile ago, and then lingering for a while, I was bored with my Switch (not many games on Switch I'm interested in). I did the unthinkable and.... gasp.... started a new game from scratch lol. Let's see if I keep it going and complete it again.

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

bluemage1989

@kkslider5552000

You read my mind on your Sidon point

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Super Mario Party.

WiiU: Yoshi's Woolly World

N64: Donkey Kong 64.

kkslider5552000

I've heard some people suggest the music in this game isn't memorable. I don't understand that at all. A lot of the music in this game has gotten stuck in my head, and not just the town themes either. The style is different and more subtle at points but Koji Kondo and friends (idunno if Koji Kondo worked on this one and for how much of it) still know how to make earworms.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dezzy

Main problem with the music is there's not enough of it.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

kkslider5552000

Well that's true. It feels like there's less music than even the N64 games (though I presume it's more like most of the music is limited to required story areas/cutscenes/battles/???)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dogorilla

Nice detail I found today that some people might not have noticed. (Spoilers for Champion's Ballad DLC and a certain sidequest in Hateno Village)
When you finish the DLC, Kass gives you a picture of the champions. After you've got the picture, if you've bought and fully upgraded the house in Hateno Village, you can walk up the stairs in the house and Link hangs the picture on the wall.

Currently Playing: The World Ends With You (Switch), Hollow Knight (Switch), Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS), Earthbound (SNES Classic)

gungho_trucker

@Dogorilla That is a nice detail. They should give us a like button for comments like yours.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

Cia

After playing a while, I've become dislike 3 facts. The weapons break too easily, the inventory is a nightmare, and I don't like the questlog system. Reminds me too much of the crappy open world games I've played.

Cia

Inertiacreep

@Cia when i first started playing i was annoyed right away by how easily the weapons broke.. after getting like 15 hours into it i realized it's a pretty good system because there are so many weapons in the game so it keeps it exciting finding new weapons cuz you always need new ones and also it keeps the combat intriguing because you're always using different weapons... the inventory is pretty decent i think.. the quest log kind of sucks though, yea.

Inertiacreep

electrolite77

@kkslider5552000

I thought that originally, but the more I've played the more I think the music has more effect for being sparing. Less is more. If that makes sense.

Edited on by electrolite77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Hallonblad

@Cia Considering how I always need to throw away weapons because I have too many of them, the weapon durability is really not a complaint I have ever understood.

But yes, the inventory is a nightmare and the quest log is uninspired to say the least.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Inertiacreep

anybody make it through the ninja clan hideout by killing everyone instead of sneaking?

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

electrolite77

@Inertiacreep

I've unintentionally tried it a few times. But, no. 😉

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Inertiacreep

@electrolite77 i can one shot them with a sneak attack, but there's a lot of them in the second room and i kept alerting them.. I'm going to try again when i get home from work... btw that is hilarious their reaction to seeing a free banana on the floor lol... i was dying

Inertiacreep

Xyphon22

@Inertiacreep Yeah, I killed them all. I kind of thought you had to because there was always one standing in front of the door (I guess I could have killed only that one, but oh well). But yes, it was just fun watching them fall in love with a banana. And then when you kill them, there were always two. Apparently every ninja walks around with a banana in their pocket, you know, just in case.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Inertiacreep

@Xyphon22 ok so i killed them all after dying like 7 times.. but yea you can lure both guards away from the doors with bananas

Inertiacreep

RR529

Yeah, I thought you had to kill them all as well (ancient arrows will obliterate the big guys in one hit, though they won't drop any Rupees or Mighty Bananas this way).

However, I later discovered you can simply glide down into the final area of the hideout from the Gerudo Highlands, so assume you'd be able to circumvent the bulk of the hideout that way. Can't test it out myself however, as I've already completed it.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Dezzy

Well this is one of the coolest things done in Botw:

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic