Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,241 to 15,260 of 15,450

kkslider5552000

I don't know how long I've been playing (25 hours maybe?) but I've beaten 28 shrines and am on my way to my 2nd legit story dungeon area (this time with Zoras). Gonna repeat my point from another thread that even though it's a fantastic game, it's so abundantly clear that they can improve upon this in a number of ways. And honestly, at this point, I have no idea why weapon breaking is such a big deal. It's only a big problem if you run into a group of really tough enemies early on.

I will say, playing Xenoblade Chronicles X for so long makes this game look better. The huge time investment in this game is still kinda crazy but it's so much more reasonable when I look at how much of my time felt wasted between the good parts of X. The "time wasting" parts of BOTW so far have usually led to me finding...something. And for the most part, in a reasonable amount of time.

I will say though, I eventually looked up what is considered easier or harder areas in the game to give me a good idea of how I should progress. No I'm not doing all the hard stuff early on, the game's already designed to be difficult early on regardless.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

RR529

@kkslider5552000, just out of curiosity, which Divine Beast did you do before the Zora one?

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Xyphon22

I have just beaten my 2nd Divine Beast (did Zora first and then Gerudo). I'm not sure what I think about the dungeons. I like that they are basically one giant puzzle, but there are almost no enemies. So they are difficult to beat but easy to survive. The two that I haven't played yet seem like they might be more ambitious, though. I do however love the bosses. Besides them looking almost identical, I love the gameplay of them. I did get extremely lucky with the Gerudo one, though. Definitely some of my favorite Zelda bosses. And I agree with @kkslider5552000 that weapon breaking is not a big deal. You get so many weapons throughout that I keep having to get rid of ones anyway.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 I haven't played through XCX much (decided to wait until the inevitable Switch port) but after having played XC2 for a long time, it's been a struggle getting back to BotW.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

just out of curiosity, which Divine Beast did you do before the Zora one?

Rito

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Grumblevolcano

The 1.5.0 update which just came out fixed up the frame rate issues in Kakariko Village on Switch, can't test Korok Forest because I haven't reached that area yet. Will test Kakariko Village on Wii U (assuming that version got an update).

EDIT: The update does exist on Wii U but Kakariko Village still has significant frame rate issues on that system.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

There's one memory for the life of me I can't find. It's the one with the picture of the nondescript forest that looks like a half dozen forests in the game.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

just out of curiosity, which Divine Beast did you do before the Zora one?

Rito

As it so happens, I just finished the Rito one as my last one. It indeed was the easiest one, IMO.

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Hallonblad

@RR529 I think I know which one you mean. You can find it in the forest northeast of the Bottomless Swamp. Don't remember if that forest has an actual name, it's been a couple of months since I last played.

Or, if you want the in-game clue, go to Wetland Stable and talk to the painter. Luck!

Edited on by Hallonblad

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Xyphon22

I have a quick question about the DLC. Last night, I finished the fourth Divine Beast and went and got the Master Sword. Now I got messages that I can do the Trial of the Sword and the Champions' Ballad. Do you think I should do them now, or wait? Ideally I think I would prefer to do them now because I think it would be anticlimactic to go back after I beat the game, and I'm not sure I would even want to right away. But as they were not originally in the game and both of them say they will do something to bring out the true power of the Master Sword, I'm not sure I want to make myself more powerful and make the end easier than it was originally intended to be. What do you think?

Xyphon22

CrimsonMoonMist

The upgrade to the Master Sword simply makes its powered-up state you get in dungeons and in the presence of guardians permanent, it won't actually affect the final stretch of the game.
Likewise, while the Champion upgrades makes the abilities recharge faster, they already recharge faster in Hyrule Castle to begin with so it won't make much of a difference.

CrimsonMoonMist

Xyphon22

@CrimsonMoonMist Okay, so the only difference it makes is the sword won't become useless against regular enemies like it does normally? Good to know. I will probably try to complete them then before attacking the castle. Also, I want to say that I thought just getting the Master Sword was an awesome throwback to getting it in the original Zelda (although it wasn't called the Master Sword then). That was great.

Xyphon22

Curlybobs

I'm doing the DLC after defeating Ganon. It feels fine, I'm enjoying it. Along the way I'm still discovering parts of the original game that I still hadn't discovered in 130+ hours of gameplay. As an aside, I'd recommend getting all of the Captured Memories before facing Ganon. Firstly they add an enjoyable narrative to the whole adventure, secondly it unlocks an additional scene "the true ending" after the production credits have rolled. Enjoy!

Edited on by Curlybobs

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

Xyphon22

So I tried the Trial of the Sword. I made it to level 5 or 6 and got my butt kicked by the giant stone guy. I'm sure I'll try it again, but I don't think I'm going to try too hard to beat this before moving on. And @Curlynob I have only found 1 of the Captured Memories. I don't think I'm going to wander aimlessly trying to find the other 11. Knowing there's a "true ending" means I'm sure I will try sometime after I beat it once, but I may just want to attack Ganon at this point. I'm not sure. We'll see what I end up doing.

Xyphon22

RR529

@Xyphon22, if you see Pikango (that artist you first meet in Kakariko village who shows you the way to the Great Fairy Fountain), he'll tell you the general location of the memory photos.

He shows up in various towns & stables.

Xyphon22

@RR529 Really? I talk to him at every stable I find, and all he ever says is that there is supposed to be a Great Fairy Fountain near Kakariko Village (which I found a long time ago). It's fine, I don't really care. I think if I find them, I find them. If not, no big deal. After trying the Trial of the Sword again, I think I am just going to try to beat the game for now, and probably go back later and do more for fun (I made it to like level 8 or 9, where some Blue Lizalfos bum-rushed me off a pier and hit me with an arrow that killed me in one shot somehow).

Xyphon22

RR529

@Xyphon22, I know you probably already did, but did you take a picture of the Great Fairy Fountain? You have to show him one before he shuts up about it, I believe.

Curlybobs

Also in the first rest room in trial of the sword there’s a fairy that will replenish your health.You have to hide in the trees and sneak up on it. It looks like a firefly but it will give you five hearts if you get killed.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

Xyphon22

@RR529 Ah, I have indeed never done that. That makes sense. I don't really mind though. I have since found 2 more Memories (and on one of them I'm not sure Link could have possibly picked a worse place to stop and reminisce for awhile).
@Curlynob Yeah, I saw the fairy, but I have never actually succeeded at catching one. Whenever I try it again, I will definitely have to try to catch it before moving on.

Xyphon22

RR529

Oh great. I need to farm Lynel parts to get my soldier's armor to max level.

However, the blue one I just fought was only doing about 1 1/2 hearts damage to me with my current setup, so it doesn't look like it'll be as difficult as I'd feared.

Grumblevolcano

Can the salvaging outfit be leveled up in the same way as base game clothing?

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic