Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,221 to 15,240 of 15,521

RR529

@Xyphon22, I know you probably already did, but did you take a picture of the Great Fairy Fountain? You have to show him one before he shuts up about it, I believe.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Curlybobs

Also in the first rest room in trial of the sword there’s a fairy that will replenish your health.You have to hide in the trees and sneak up on it. It looks like a firefly but it will give you five hearts if you get killed.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

Xyphon22

@RR529 Ah, I have indeed never done that. That makes sense. I don't really mind though. I have since found 2 more Memories (and on one of them I'm not sure Link could have possibly picked a worse place to stop and reminisce for awhile).
@Curlynob Yeah, I saw the fairy, but I have never actually succeeded at catching one. Whenever I try it again, I will definitely have to try to catch it before moving on.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

RR529

Oh great. I need to farm Lynel parts to get my soldier's armor to max level.

However, the blue one I just fought was only doing about 1 1/2 hearts damage to me with my current setup, so it doesn't look like it'll be as difficult as I'd feared.

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Grumblevolcano

Can the salvaging outfit be leveled up in the same way as base game clothing?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Can the salvaging outfit be leveled up in the same way as base game clothing?

Nope. Checked while I was at the Great Fairy, and it said "This Item Can't be Enhanced".

Hallonblad

No DLC armour can be upgraded at all.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

RR529

Woohoo! Just beat my first Silver Lynel, and it actually wasn't that hard (there's only one attack it has that can completely nuke you, but it's easily telegraphed).

My current defense stat is 74, but I still have one piece of armor left to upgrade which will definitely bump it above 80 once it's done. Feeling pretty invincible by this point, and am contemplating taking on Hyrule Castle.

Makes you wonder what those Great Fairies are doing to Link when they max out an armor piece, lol.

Xyphon22

I decided to go ahead and just storm Hyrule Castle and go after Ganon. I made it to him but he beat me, but I have it saved right outside so hopefully I can beat it tonight or tomorrow. @RR529 That's crazy, my stats are nowhere near that high, so you should have no problem. I've actually never even fought a single Guardian, and I've only seen one Lynel and he destroyed me so I left. I love how this game lets you do whatever you want or not want, and Hyrule Castle is awesome.

Xyphon22

RR529

@Xyphon22, If you get one in a one-on-one up close, Guardians aren't too bad (hitting their eye with an arrow will temporarily stun them, giving you the chance to cut off their legs). I've never dealt with more than one at a time, but I have a feeling that'd be the time to pull out the ancient arrows (the most it's taken me to take down a guardian was 3 shots with these, but you can one shot them if you hit just right).

NOTE: ancient arrows will one shot pretty much anything else from my experience, even Lynels (at least the weakest tier, I haven't tried them on stronger Lynels or bosses), but they won't drop any items if defeated this way.

Xyphon22

@RR529 That's good to hear. I've literally never even tried to confront a Guardian. I haven't had a need to. The only one that really posed any kind of problem was the one outside the Akkala Test Lab that kept me from getting the blue flame there, but I got around it. Maybe one day I will just for fun.

Xyphon22

Inertiacreep

@Xyphon22 i tried to kill the first guardian i came across.. i had one of those guardian swords or whatever and i cut all the legs off but couldn't get it more than 10-25% health without breaking all my weapons..

So question.. I'm on the quest for my first divine beast, the elephant.. and they tell me to go get shock arrows from this monster... are you supposed to be able to kill this monster at this point or are you just supposed to collect arrows? He takes like almost all my 4 hearts with 1 hit and with huge health all my weapons break.. I'm the kind of player that will die 50 times if i know its possible to do without leveling up but i want to know if i should just not even try.

Inertiacreep

gcunit

@Inertiacreep Well, me... I didn't even try, just hoovered up the requisite number of arrows and ran.

@Xyphon22 So how did you avoid the Test Lab guardian? I got hacked off trying after a little while and I think, after trying to just hide and spam him with bombs (slow progress), I eventually ancient arrowed him in the face.

Edited on by gcunit

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Curlybobs

Perfect deflect is all you need with guardians. Like I read someone here say before, if you get it right you can beat a guardian with a wooden put lid - just by deflecting their laser beam right back at them. Mastering side hops and backflips is also worthwhile, they'll slow down time (like when you're gliding and you aim your bow) and give you time to get a flurry rush in. I didn't bother taking out the Lynel either, I just collected all his arrows and legged it.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

Hallonblad

@Inertiacreep That depends entirely on you, since Vah Ruta can be the first Beast you do... or the last. First time ever I played the game, the Lynel up there mauled me like a billion times (first Lynel I ever ran into) and I gave up, left and came back after having beat Vah Medoh. But second play-through in Master Mode I got there with 3 hearts and was laughing all the way- especially after having beat the white Lynel on the Great Plateau with a pot lid, soldier's bow and soldier's broadsword and no upgrades... The more you fight them the easier it gets. They're very predictable once you've learned their attack patterns.

@Curlynob Perfect parry is the way to go. Even works in Master Mode once you've learned their sneaky tricks. Though if facing more than one I usually go for a spin and cut off their legs instead. Or use Urbosa's Fury (man is Link OP with that.) The decayed ones I always parry though, even if there are more than one. If you aim it right you can parry several blasts at the same time (does NOT work in Master Mode to my knowledge.) I'm a total hoarder so I basically never use my ancient arrows even though I have plenty. XD

#supercasualgamer

Inertiacreep

@Hallonblad dude, i hadn't read your post so i didn't know if it was possible, but i got home from work and said I'm gonna try and see how much health i can get of his before i move on.. i have 4 hearts.. i died like 10 times, each time getting him lower and lower and just spamming food cuz he leave me with like a quarter heart every hit.. but then he would always one shot me from full health..
Finally the last time i was just hitting the combos like crazy.. if you triple dodge his 3 attack combo you get the slash attack or whatever it's called which lets you get the mossy durability out of your weapons... i hit that combo like 5 times in a row when i started the fight just pop pop pop, then he pulls out his bow point blank on me instead of melee and nails me! I was lol!
After that i just combod like crazy and finally beat him, but broke almost all my weapons so how did you kill that stuff with even less than i had on even harder difficulty?

Inertiacreep

Hallonblad

@Inertiacreep The weapon's durability doesn't go down if you mount them. So basically you wait for them to attack, parry with pot lid, shoot in the face so they go down on their knees, mount them and beat them with your sword- repeat until dead. <3 Took me maybe 10 or so tries, but it's definitely possible. I also cooked for some attack buff, but only +1 attack-thingy since you can't find better ingredients on the Plateau.

Like I said, once you've fought some Lynels they become very predictable and it's just a question of taking the time to keep whittle down their health. Theoretically you could beat a gold Lynel with a pot lid, boko bow and tree branch, completely naked and with 0 buffs. It's just a question of if you'd have the patience and find it fun to do. (Well... maybe you'd need to fill your inventory with boko bows since their durability isn't that good and the battle would take forever... and a bazillion arrows. Would only need one pot lid and one branch though. )

Edit: Should add that I was lucky and my soldier's broadsword had an attack bonus! So that made things easier as well. There is also a knight's claymore on the Plateau in Master Mode that one can get if one doesn't want to beat the Lynel with a weaker weapon. I didn't know that at the time though, so I didn't have it. If I do another play through I will for sure get it though, to cut the battle a little shorter.

Edited on by Hallonblad

#supercasualgamer

Cia

Why does this game look a thousand times better on my TV than in the screenshots? It's like the best -looking game I've ever played. And yeah, I've played some ps4box games as well...

On another note, I'm beginning to understand why some people don't like the game. When I started to play it, I initially got disappointed! The first 30 minutes or so made me feel like it was just some sort of weird walking simulator. But when it hit me, I got hooked like never before. I doubt many of the game's haters haven't had the patience to play the game enough, to arrive at the point when the realization of its genius becomes apparent. Of course, this is not to say this is the reason for every single hater out there. Obviously, it can't be everyone's cup of tea.

The physics are the best I've seen in any game ever, including GTA V which had the best physics IMO before this one. The world feels more alive than any other game world I've experienced because of that "chemistry engine" (or whatever it was called). The only downside is the lack of music in the overworld. On the other hand, I understand the subtle way of handling it, but I think it wouldn't hurt to have just a few more correctly placed piano melodies in various areas.

Aside from the music, the ambience is great, though. Even small stuff like Link's footsteps on different surfaces have been constructed with incredible care. And the way he doesn't just bump on the rock before him, but overcomes it by climbing just like in real life. This could be easier to develop if there weren't a million different-looking rocks in this huge world. The animations in general are just superb.

All in all, I've played just about 2 hours or something, and I already get the feeling this will be the game of the generation.

Although, I still haven't played Super Mario Odyssey... : -D

Edited on by Cia

Cia

RR529

I need to get some Lynel Guts, but the last two I fought didn't drop any and I don't want to wait for the blood moon for them to revive, so would anyone mind telling me where more are?

I only know of:

Red - On the mountain near Zora's Domain (currently defeated)
Blue - Lanayru Mountain base (currently defeated)
Silver - Abandoned Coliseum (will try)
Silver - In front of the Hebra Labyrinth (don't want to fight because I'd have to wear weaker clothes)
Silver - High up in the Gerudo Highlands (same as above).

Xyphon22

@gcunit I just ran around the wall behind it and as close to the cliff edge as possible before cutting in front of the lab. It took me a couple of tries because once it started raining and put my torch out literally like 2 steps from the lantern, and the next time my torch just burnt out about the same distance away. It was very frustrating, but I finally got it.

Xyphon22

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic