Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,221 to 15,240 of 15,475

MisterPi

It's weird that they qualified the DLC as story centric and yet every other Zelda game before this one did story much better without feeling the need to point it out. And then this doesn't even really match any story section in any of the other games in terms of quality. The cutscenes were cute at best, pointless and boring at worst

MisterPi

Ralizah

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 62
Super Mario Odyssey - 10

Horizon Zero Dawn - 8

NieR: Automata - 4

Persona 5 - 4

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - 3

Assassin's Creed Origins - 1

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 1

Prey - 1

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - 1

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 1

LOL!

Aren't there usually a lot more awards, though?

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

MisterPi

Awww I'm so glad prey got at least one award somewhere. That game deserves some form Of recognition

MisterPi

-Green-

I sort of lost interest in Prey. Picked it up and played it, but then life happened, and I never had an interest to go back to it. Similar things happened for Fallout 4 and MK8.

So then. Who's ready for another 3 years of darkness and 2 years of delays? It's gonna be so much fun.

(Edit: Changed a remark.)

Operative2-0 wrote:

It's weird that they qualified the DLC as story centric and yet every other Zelda game before this one did story much better without feeling the need to point it out.

This really isn't that weird. They just wanted to sell it, by advertising it as something big.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Xyphon22

Sorry if this has been answered a million times, but this forum is so long and I have been trying to avoid spoilers as I haven't played it yet. If I already know I am going to get the DLC, should I go ahead and get it now or wait until I beat it? Part of me thinks it will be cheating a little to get items and tools at the beginning that were not originally meant to be there that will make the beginning easier than it should be. And whatever the thing is that tracks your footsteps does it retroactively, right? So if I wait until I beat it to get the DLC, it will then show everywhere I've gone up to that point?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Grumblevolcano

@Xyphon22 Get the DLC now. You don't get any of the items automatically rather you're given sidequests which upon completion gets you the items. Also I've heard the story DLC has more meaning if you complete it before you finish the game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Yeah, I'd say it get the DLC early on. If you get it after beating the game, you won't find much use in them.

Xyphon22

So you simply stumble upon everything, including the Trials and the Champions Ballad stuff, while just going about your business like it was always part of the game and you wouldn't even know it was extra DLC? If that's the case, I definitely think I will get it right away. I was assuming the actual gameplay things unlocked after you beat it.

Xyphon22

Grumblevolcano

@Xyphon22 Yeah, everything except hard mode from DLC pack 1 are integrated into the world such that outside of the side quests being listed as part of the DLC you wouldn't notice that it's DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spanjard

I agree with the “get the DLC at the start” sentiment. And I remember @kkslider5552000 asking the same thing so there you go. Informed decisions and all that.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Xyphon22

Awesome. Thanks everyone.

Xyphon22

kyleforrester87

Cool I was wondering about that as I'm expecting to get it on Christmas Day. I'll probably buy the DLC day one as well, then.

kyleforrester87

KirbyTheVampire

Can someone explain to me what people mean when they say that "the whole world is one massive dungeon"? I keep hearing this whenever the dungeons get critiqued, and they never seem to elaborate on it. To me, it looks like a fairly standard open world map, not a dungeon. Are they talking about the fact that you have to explore to find things, or that there are a lot of shrines all over? If so, that's a pretty low standard for what makes something a "dungeon", lol.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

-Green-

The former is what I would assume they meant. In the sense that you explore and the challenge is in solving small puzzles and reaching locations.

It’s not a traditional Zelda dungeon by any means, if that’s what you’re referring to, unless you stretch it.

Edit: The shrines themselves are just essentially what otherwise would have been pieces of dungeons trimmed down and stuffed into a singular theme.

Edited on by -Green-

KirbyTheVampire

@-Green- Well, I don't agree with that idea at all, but I see where they're coming from.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

Except for the giant scroll of mission titles that methodically graces your screen upon leaving the starter area you won't even realize you've installed DLC.

So, I beat The Ballade of Bikes or what have you. Not gonna spoiler tag this since there's almost literally nothing to spoil. The big boy shrine was all reused content. I want to say it was larger than the other divine beast, but saying this game has any dungeons remains a lie. It was better than the shrines — certainly the laughably bad shrines at the start of the DLC — but still not Zelda good. Even the boss battle was like a rehash of the Kohga miniboss and a couple other things. It really feels like the Zelda team are just incapable of making new mechanics at this point, I mean jeez.

The one new thing was the bike, and like, it would have been fine if it were an easter egg hidden away in the main game — one of many in this fanciful alternate universe. But it was the point of the DLC, in the trailer, all that stuff. I mean they show the ending of the DLC in the trailer, lol. I drove it to where the canyon lets out into the desert where it stopped exactly like a horse and I turned off the console.

I don't even know why they bothered to animate cutscenes of their dead, archetypal characters. 6/10.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Hallonblad

I was very happy with the DLC. Especially the reward you get after having completed the entire thing (not the bike). So cute, I thought I would die. <3 Too bad I can't look at it whenever I want, despite it being in my inventory. Why Nintendo!?

Now I'm mostly riding around on my bike killing Guardians and looking for those last pesky Korok seeds. I have 8 left to find, I believe? The Korok mask is so adorable when finding a Korok though, that I'm not sure I want it to end. XD

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Alantor28

I am having so much fin with this new Zelda game after I got my own Nintendo Switch on my 30th birthday. I currently got the Master Sword and now undergoing the Fire Divine Beast quest.

But I have a few questions about the Trial of the Sword DLC that I got the other day. How many hearts do I need to undergo it and which food should I use to make the Trial easy for me?

Alantor28

Hallonblad

@Alantor28 You can't have fewer than 3 hearts in the game so if you sell your heart containers to the cursed statue in Hateno village you can do the trials with only 3 hearts I suppose (never tried it myself). Otherwise you can do it with as many as you want, maximum being 30. I did the beginning trials with 15 and the other two with 28 as I maxed out my stamina and thus can't get more than 28 hearts. The only one I struggled with was the final trials where I died once when only having 4 floors left. That was annoying and I had to redo the entire thing, though I was careless so it was entirely my own fault for being stupid (lesson learned: don't be stupid). This was in Master Mode, the first time (in Normal Mode) I think I only did the beginning trials with 13 hearts and skipped the other two completely, instead going off to defeat Ganon because impatience is a thing with me.

It seems most people (including me) cook a meal using 4 mighty bananas and one horn shard thingy from a dragon, giving you a level 3 attack bonus lasting 30 minutes which should be enough to last you through one trial. You can't "bring" anything with you, but any buff you've got beforehand will carry over into that... realm?

Those trials are a lot of fun. They're also really hard to fail, the game is literally setting you up for success at every turn doing everything it can to assure you succeeding short of leading you by the nose. I understand being nervous the first time, but it really isn't as scary as it seems. Upgraded Master Sword is also awesome. So many trees you can cut down before it runs out of energy... I mean enemies of course! So many enemies you can cut down before it runs out of energy!

Also, enjoy your Switch!

Edited on by Hallonblad

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

SKTTR

Hallonblad wrote:

I was very happy with the DLC. Especially the reward you get after having completed the entire thing (not the bike). So cute, I thought I would die. <3 Too bad I can't look at it whenever I want, despite it being in my inventory. Why Nintendo!?

You can put it in Link's house and then look at it whenever you want.
Can't put it back into your inventory though.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic