Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,121 to 15,140 of 15,450

gcunit

@Dezzy Fortunately I found that same place whilst playing last night, but I think there's probably plenty of people out there who would appreciate spoiler tags around mentions of things as cool as that. When I found it I was thinking "Woah! This is so creepy. How bad would it be if they all woke up?"

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

SKTTR

24 new items of the tab "important". No time to translate this right now, but here's the list in German, it's easy to figure out (I think).

01-03 - Zeichen von Mipha (x3)
04-06 - Zeichen von Revali (x3)
07-09 - Zeichen von Daruk (x3)
10-12 - Zeichen von Urbosa (x3)
13-16 - Zeichen der Bewährung (x4)
17 - Miphas Gebet +
18 - Revalis Sturm +
19 - Daruks Schirm +
20 - Urbosas Zorn +
21 - Antikes Zaumzeug
22 - Antiker Sattel
23 - Bild der Recken
24 - Teleport-Medaillon

1-23 are from DLC 2
24 is from DLC 1

Also, 5 of the new monsters are only available in Master Mode, the other 3 are only available in DLC 2.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Octane

New enemies? I haven't heard anything about that before...

Octane

-Green-

Yeah what new enemies? Are you talking about the Gold Variants?

I only recall one new enemy.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

sidewinder572

Having finished the story part of the DLC the best analogy I have is, I liken it to a great great film that also has an extended version. The extended version enhances the film, but isn’t required.

sidewinder572

MisterPi

Pretty much, if you already were in love with the game as it was, the DLC is for you. It's more of the same, which isn't bad.

For people that got burned out on the game before the end, chances are this DLC won't do much for you, as it hasn't for me. I loved the shrines, but after 120, the promise of more wasn't exactly the most thrilling thing.

Hopefully this marks the end of BOTW and they can get to work on another game in the franchise. 3D or 2D, whichever.

MisterPi

-Green-

My dream wish would be that they take aspects from BotW and incorporate them into the standard formula. I like that they experimented with this one, and it would nice if they applied this to a more focused and 'traditional' Zelda game. Hopefully improving on it as well.

Edited on by -Green-

carlos82

@SKTTR well I don't know who's counting them as 24 or important because that's nonsense, I mean at least 20 of them aren't even items. Once again what are these enemies? King Modulga? Who is identical to Modulga, different coloured skins don't count, nor do the identical "memory" bosses.

There is 1 new enemy in the entire dlc pass, 2 useful items that arguably should have been in the game anyway and a bit of bonus stuff.

Don't get me wrong the new cut scenes and Shrines are better than those in the main game and I've not yet done the last divine beast but apparently the boss is fun and there's a nice surprise after. However there is no getting away from the fact that probably around 90% of the dlc is recycled from the main game which any other dev would be called out on but Nintendo always get a free pass on such things.

It just feels like the dlc is just trying to fix the game's story rather than being its own thing. The ending of the main game offered so much potential for dlc that this comes nowhere near close to realising.

carlos82

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

-Green-

The DLC boss and Divine Beast are probably the best in the game in all honesty.

carlos82

@-Green- I hope so, that's the only thing keeping me going through repeating tasks I've already done. The bosses in the base game were all pretty poor so I'm looking forward to this one

carlos82

-Green-

Yeah they were tad too repetitious and easy to be really good bosses. Liked them a fair bit but didn't quite hit the mark on what I would like from a real boss battle. Although I will say, I do prefer this style over the type of bosses commonly done in other Zelda games, where they're almost entirely just puzzles that are solved instantly by the Dungeon's item.

Albeit, the fact that the bosses are susceptible to the Champion Powers and Slates make them a cake walk. This game did really poorly with its balance.

Edited on by -Green-

meleebrawler

@-Green- We're playing as a guy who, in his prime and with nothing but an unupgraded Champion's Tunic and unpowered Master Sword, took out two or more Lynels and a whole swarm of Bokoblins all at once, and was only mildly injured after the fact. Not to mention the untold amount of Guardians he likely put out of commission before ultimately succumbing to his injuries... really, stamina seems to be Link's only limitation. Is it any surprise that when he returns to what he was and then some with all his new powers and gear, he can take on pretty much anything while barely breaking a sweat?

I too would have liked to see what happens after the end, but in hindsight it probably would not make for engaging gameplay since it probably just entails walking from kingdom to kingdom and talking with people there, with the only threat remaining being the occasional monster or Yiga attack.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

carlos82

@-Green- I'll admit I'm the opposite, I really enjoyed the boss battles in past Zelda games. Yes the dungeon item gave away how to beat them but that at least gave us around 10 unique boss battles rather than shoot its eye 3 times and beat it to death with a sword. Weirdly I thought the Yiga boss showed the potential for bosses with these mechanics but it never really happened.

Ultimately I think they still need to marry this gameplay with some of the classic Zelda formula. I think the game is great but it's not even close to being the best Zelda game for me. Majoras Mask showed how they could mix up the formula whilst retaining the essence of what makes these games unique

carlos82

-Green-

@meleebrawler It may make sense story wise, but the boss battles are still lacking regardless. Realistically speaking, these guys are supposed to be parts of Ganon, it doesn't show well when they themselves go down so easily.

@carlos82 They could have done better with the bosses tbh. While they had unique aspects, they were pretty one note and after you solved their trick they were basically done. One could also could just bash them into submission with little repercussion a lot of the time.

I think games in the SoulsBorne series do these types of bosses generally well (not all are good) and implement interesting settings and battles. Albeit those games are more combat focused and demanding.

Edit: Personally, I'd prefer if the dungeon itself mainly tested your knowledge and understanding of the dungeon/game's mechanics while the bosses focused more on one's combat ability.

Edited on by -Green-

kyleforrester87

Hyped to start playing this game at Christmas. Want to try and get the bulk of Xenoblade wrapped up first...

kyleforrester87

SKTTR

There are 8 new enemy entries in the photo album of the Shiekah-Stone tablet, and even though most of them are recolored, they still count as 8 new enemies in the photo album. You don't need to explain to me that 5 of them are gold variants, one is reskinned, one is just bigger, and only 1 is really new.

Same for the items. You don't need to explain their newness to me.
There are 24 new items in the "IMPORTANT" tab of Link's inventory. At least that's what's it called in the German version: "Wichtiges". And so I called them important items. What is the inventory tab called in UK/US version of the game?

To make it clear: All of the stuff listed is called "new", because it is not available in the "old" base game.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

carlos82

@SKTTR yes from a marketing perspective you are correct with what is new and I wasn't trying to say you were wrong and if it come across that way I apologise. What my point is that from a players perspective that there is no way that anyone can say we have 24 new items and 8 new enemies because it simply isn't true.

All I'm saying is that there has been very little new content across the season pass padded out with a lot of recycled content and I find it very disappointing. Check out the Horizon Zero Dawn season pass for comparison and it's much cheaper. If you're happy with it then great, it's still Zelda and still fun to play but I suspect the vast majority I'm here were either expecting something more or could come up with a much better idea.

carlos82

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

@Dezzy Fortunately I found that same place whilst playing last night, but I think there's probably plenty of people out there who would appreciate spoiler tags around mentions of things as cool as that.

Except in the normal scheme of things, I bet most people will never even know it exists. Not sure if that counts as a spoiler. Especially given that I didn't say how you find it.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

bezerker99

I finally got tired of playing Breath of the Wild on my Wii U and went and got the Explorer's Edition over the weekend. Playing this on Switch is now my 3rd playthrough of the game lol.

And yep, I bought the DLC for both Wii U and Switch versions. I know that's crazy but IDC. I would rather spend my money on something I know I will play and enjoy rather than buying the latest, newest game that hits store shelves.

The little booklet that comes with this edition is pretty sweet! Untitled

MisterPi

Finished the DLC. The only interesting parts were the dungeon and boss. Ironically the boss is way more epic and fun to beat than any other in the game.

Also, didn't they say this DLC would have a playable character since before launch? What happened to that?

MisterPi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic