Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,101 to 15,120 of 15,210

Kermit1doesmath

@Zuljaras beating Ganon in BOTW feels so good, he's pretty much a mini Dark Souls boss in a way lol.

dysgraphia awareness human

NintendoByNature

@Zuljaras master sword and tons of elixirs/food. I've beaten him 3 times and it's not all that hard or bad. But, it's my favorite showdown in the entire series. Love the entire lead up going through hyrule castle. Savor it while you can!

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

AshleyGamer1995

@WoomyNNYes No, I didn't choose to go to the castle at any time in the game, until claiming all four Divine Beasts. I started going there after this, went through the entrance gate...but immediately left because I needed to get the memories unlocked first. Thanks for letting me know the inside of the castle is cool, and the things to find in it. I will be doing that at some point. Although, wouldn't it be wise to get more Heart Containers for the final boss battle? I have 13 right now, not including temporary hearts.

Edited on by AshleyGamer1995

My favourite games: Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokémon, SSB, Sonic, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Pepsiman, Elder Scrolls, Turok, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, and various others.

My banner picture: "PokéFavourites" HD fanart by Hakunaro on Fur Affinity, 2020.

AshleyGamer1995

Wonder if other people like Midna as I do on same level. I know this topic isn't about Twilight Princess, but still Zelda way. I even saw one fanart of Midna having this Breath of the Wild design, on DeviantArt, even though she still looks the same.
Untitled

My favourite games: Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokémon, SSB, Sonic, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Pepsiman, Elder Scrolls, Turok, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, and various others.

My banner picture: "PokéFavourites" HD fanart by Hakunaro on Fur Affinity, 2020.

WoomyNNYes

@AshleyGamer1995 Oh, my friend. No, going to the castle does not trigger final boss fight. While that would be logical, that's not the case with BOTW. It's like a whole world in there, and there are some useful things there. In order to fight ganon, you'd have to find THE ROOM. ....AND, you'd have walk into it. You will KNOW it when you see it.🤣 Even if you triggered the boss fight by mistake (I don't' think you will), you can always load a previous save point to get out of there.

Regarding needing a good amount of heart containers. You don't need to worry about it. If needed, you can cook radishes for temporary extra heart containers. Cooking a hearty radishes gives three temporary extra hearts. You'll lose those extra when you get hit, but you can cook a bunch of radishes, and keep them on hand to eat & get temporary heart containers over and over. If you haven't cooked radishes by themselves before, test it out. Cook 2-5 Large Hearty Radishes and see what happens. 🤣 LOL. I often set the in-game finder thing for radishes.

I usually try to keep about 8-15 cooked radishes on hand all the time, just in case I ever have to deal the a tough boss or Lynel.

As a side note: Are aware of how many Fairy Fountains there are? There are four in BOTW. The number of times you can upgrade your armor depends on how many fairy fountains you've found. The max you can upgrade your armor is 4 times. You can make yourself OP if you want. Granted, upgrading armor does require supplies (the fairy will show you what's needed). Supplies may take a bit of grinding, but if you want something else to do, you can upgrade your favorite armor.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

AshleyGamer1995

@WoomyNNYes Thanks again. I think that's enough advice now. I have met half of the Great Fairies already too, and got some of the favourite armour enhanced, including Champion's Tunic.

Zuljaras

Breath of the Wild is beaten
Untitled

I really, REALLY loved it! Amazing game!

I actually did not need a single ancient arrow. I just used the Master Sword, Urbosa's Fury, Daruk's Protection and meals to beat Ganon

The journey was fantastic

blindsquirrel

@Zuljaras
Did you play in Master Mode or normal mode. Either way, glad you enjoyed it. Right in time for TOTK as well.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Kermit1doesmath

@Zuljaras if you really want a challenge try beating Ganon with a mop. It's possible lol.

dysgraphia awareness human

Zuljaras

@blindsquarel Just a normal first playthrough
@Kermit1 Nope Not ready for challenges

I enjoyed the game in a very casual way It is the very first game that I got with my Switch in September 2017. I played a little and then stopped but with the coming of TotK I decided to start fresh and beat Ganon

And I read that the world was empty etc. ... it is a wild world ... not everything has to be near each other. No wonder why it got the GotY award. SO much love went into making it! And I beat it on version 1.0 no updates or anything.

AshleyGamer1995

@WoomyNNYes I did it! I defeated Calamity Ganon and finished the game! He wasn't as hard as that Thunderblight Ganon boss, that's for sure. ^^' XD

WoomyNNYes

@AshleyGamer1995 You beat it already!? ..... Ahhh, so you found THE ROOM at the castle! (where the Ganon fight starts). I thought, for sure, you'd spend a while exploring the castle area. It's so cool and moody, I LOVE IT. .....The Hylian shield is lurking in the castle. Did you find the shield?

The final battle is kind of epic. I liked it. Congratulations! Such a cool game. Glad you were able to finish it.

So, are you pretty much done with the game? Or are you going to try do anything else, like complete all shrines?

'Tendo liker

AshleyGamer1995

@WoomyNNYes I didn't explore all of the castle (I had to soar up using Revali's Gale for the last boss battle), but yeah I did get the Hylian Shield, because I know it and the Master Sword are old favourites and makes them complete with Link. I am pretty much done with the game, just not 100%, but I may consider that for my second future playthrough all over again. For now, I choose to do another different game of my choice, or retro ones sometimes. (Thank you and good day.)

card-crunch78

My first week in the game: flees from Decayed Guardian
My first month in the game: Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Guardian Stalkers. Hehehehehe.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp I have about 30 shrines left to unlock and need to finish the DLC so this will be a good way to prepare for TotK.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

WoomyNNYes

Dreamliner wrote:

@WoomyNNYes I just beat Waterblight Ganon. Quite hard as any hit was fatal.
I really wish the Zora path was the way the whole game was.

I need to figure out how to do some more advanced moves. Link moves pretty slow. Hard to get out of the way sometimes.

I do like BOTW, just don’t love it. I’m trying to complete more shrines but can’t find them sometimes.

Brought the conversation to the BOTW thread. Disregard if you know any of these already.

If single hits from Waterblight Ganon were fatal:
Find fairy fountains so you can upgrade your armor/clothes (resource collecting required to upgrade). There are four fairy fountains in BOTW. The number of times you can upgrade your armor depends on how many fairy fountains you've found. There's a fairy fountain behind the shrine on the north side of Kakariko Village.
cook a single radish, or multiple radishes and see how many temporary health hearts it adds.(temporary hearts are yellow)(I often set my sheika sensor for radishes for this VERY reason👌🌈)

Make sure your sheika slate sensor is turned on & set to find shrines.(disregard if it already is on)(don't feel bad about skipping the Major Test of Strength shrines. You can come back later)

Advanced Moves:
Kakariko village at nighttime, there is a guy practicing with a sword? by the cooking kettle, he will teach you how to dodge, I think? (side jump and backflip?)

If you time a shield parry correctly, you'll be rewarded. I can't recall who teaches you this "perfect parry".

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes There’s also the Kakariko shrine which teaches you the exact same things: Backflip, side hop, and parry. It’s a guardian scout that ends up teaching you the moves.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Dreamliner

@WoomyNNYes Yes I found the fairy fountain in Kakariko. She took 100 rupees and told me I didn't have anything to upgrade. lol. I've been thinking about getting the expansion pass as I've heard it makes the playthrough a bit better. After beating Waterblight Ganon I have 5 hearts. I kept mostly upgrading the stamina. Seems like I need to add some more hearts.

I do have the shrine sensor on but it only works when I'm already close and practically there already. Sometimes though, it beeps and I can't figure out where it's coming from (hot/cold game I know, but still). I've found most of the shrines so far by spotting them from a tower and gliding to them. They usually end up being further than I expect and in the middle of an area I've never been to. I've only not been able to complete one of them so far. I've done maybe 16 of them I think.

I'll probably have to spend more time exploring the areas I've opened up with unlocking the towers. I may have gotten a bit ahead of myself. I tried getting to the tower on top the castle and that wasn't happening...after that is when I found the Zora stuff.

Do the shock arrows repopulate by that horse guy in Zora? I couldn't beat him so I ran away to fight Waterblight Ganon, wondering if it's worth going back...

FWIW, the Switch profile says I've played BOTW for 'over 25 hours'. I do think part of my desire to make progress is that most games I play are 4-8 hours and it's done and over. I also have 25+ hours on Mario Odyssey. It's VERY rare I play a single game this much, in fact, I probably never have (except for Mario Kart). I did end up buying Mario Kart on digital (even though I already own it physical) so I can quickly switch to it as a palate cleanser without messing with the game cartridge.

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic