Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 15,061 to 15,080 of 15,210

javierferrerm

@WoomyNNYes oh, not being able to get all Korok seeds without the mask is a new for me. That would explain such a big gap.

I am pretty sure I want the DLC. My question is more focused as to whether it can be enjoyed in an almost 100%'ed game or if it's more worth going another round from scratch.

javierferrerm

javierferrerm

@Wewalia thank you, I guess being this obsessed with the details really helped. There are many I probably was pretty close to, since it was only about 3/4 into the game (if not more) that I figured the triple tree puzzle.

As for the Zora quest, I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler, but as the husband explains, you can find her in Lake Hylia. But she wasn't there the first time I explored the location. I guess I hadn't yet "spotted" her somewhere along the river, and after I did (and missed her), she spawned in the final location.

javierferrerm

Matt_Barber

Eel wrote:

The majoras mask is a must for me. It’s makes traversing the land so much more pleasant; particularly at night.

Yeah, everyone's much more civil with it on.

It's not half as pleasant as using the BLSS hack though.

Matt_Barber

Wewalia

Anyone have any tips for quickly collecting Star Fragments? Im trying upgrade all the armor and I have Amiibo so its a pain in my behind.

Wewalia

Rambler

@Wewalia
They seem to fall when you look from a high point into the distance. There's probably certain places, but I can't remember (being at the canyon when, er, that dragon spawns is a good bet). They hang around until about 4 or 5am, and have strange habit of moving when you are near them. So if one has landed on a cliff, it might go walkies when you get near. They glow really strong, so you can see them from quite a distance

Rambler

Matt_Barber

Hang around on a mountain top between 9PM and 3AM for the maximum chance of catching one spawning, drop a pin in the map when one does, fast travel as close as possible and then run like crazy.

Rinse, repeat, it shouldn't take too long.

Matt_Barber

WoomyNNYes

@Wewalia If you get desperate or tired of the tedium, you can always look up how to farm star fragments on the youtube. I guess I'd try to pick recent videos. I don't know if later game updates may have changed shooting star spawning.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ch37

So I came home from work the other day and my 7 year old said 'look, I've started a new Zelda save'.

It wasn't until the next day that he and I realised he'd lost his near 100% save that he'd been working on throughout the early lockdown days of the pandemic, DLC, Master Trials, the lot (yes, he completed Zelda as a 5 year old!)

Tears, oh so many tears!

Anyhow, after getting over that, and unlike last time, he's let me share duties on his new save so we're working back through the entire game again. Given I pretty much just watched him play it before I'm absolutely loving it, what a game! I'm working on the towers (one to go) and shrines to get his heart and stamina up, he's on fighting duty and Divine Beasts.

It was a horrible error to make and frighteningly easy to do, but we're making the most of it!

Edited on by ch37

ch37

FroZtedFlake

@ukaskew Ouch I can feel the pain, did that with a Twilight Princess save once
That's good that you guys are making the most of it though and that you got a chance to play the beautiful game that is Botw.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Dimey

Hi all.... first time I've found this thread. I've been playing BOTW, my first Zelda (Sega boy) and I adore it. Closing in on 275 hours, and aside from some korok seeds and that bloody archery trial, I'm almost 100%.

Apologies if this has been posted, but I'm not trawling through 772 pages... It really tickled me!

Dimey

Dimey

and also, as somebody with mild OCD, this game is a nightmare! the stress about which swords, shields and bows i hang in my house, what i have in my inventory, etc. my days...

but it may be my favourite ever game. i'll hopefully be 100% or so in a few months, but not tried master mode, so v. much waiting on a date for the sequel!!

Dimey

StarPoint

I just got the Creating A Champion Hero's Edition! This thing is absolutely awesome to look at, and the box has an easter egg or two which is super fun.
Untitled

Untitled
I absolutely plan on reading this in its entirety. The art and information I've seen so far have been really cool.
Untitled

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

FroZtedFlake

@StarPoint I'm jealous! The hero's edition looks really nice, I just have the book itself. It has some really really cool concept art in there though, including some drawings of what areas of hyrule (castle town baby) would've looked like in the past.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

jedgamesguy

@StarPoint Nice one! Are you into those artbooks? I bought the standard Creating a Champion book back in 2018, it’s such a great way to spend an hour. Love the developer notes as well, they really give a lot of insight into the mindset of the developers.

Also have FF7 Remake Material Ultimania, LoZ Encyclopaedia, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Bros Encyclopaedia, plus LoZ: Art and Artefacts. Not a collector but I know beauty when I see it!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

StarPoint

@TheJGG I haven’t really bought an artbook before, so this was a first for me. I will say it’s been a lot of fun seeing some insight from the developers. Some the concept art is really cool as well.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

StarPoint

@FroZtedFlakerZz Agreed, some of the artwork is super cool. I can see why a lot of the concept art didn’t make it into the game (such as Link wearing jeans on a bike), but it’s still awesome to look through

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic