Posts 14,721 to 14,740 of 15,210

FroZtedFlake

yes

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

WoomyNNYes

Finding, scaling, and unlocking the towers & map for the first time is pure joy. The Citadel was scary awesomeness<33 haha

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

rallydefault

@FroZtedFlakerZz
Thank you for answering in place of @gcunit lol. I had to chuckle at their post, though - @gcunit, honest question: You had to power on the game to remind yourself how to open a map and click on a point? You for real? I guess there is a confirmation box that could really throw you for a loop, though.

My point about "artificially limiting" yourself by not using it is just based on the objective facts: If a game has a system that isn't hidden in some way, it's meant to be used by the player. BotW clearly introduces the player to the fast travel system. I don't know where you're getting "low key" from because every time I open my map I'm seeing dozens and dozens of icons, most of which clearly display a "travel" button press if I scroll over them. By not using it, you are intentionally not using a clearly presented system of the game. Period. Arguing against the facts is just dumb and we need to move past that.

Now, if you want to debate subjective feelings, then fine. It's fine if you personally don't FEEL like you're limiting yourself by avoiding certain systems. But I would say that probably varies from game to game and system to system. Would you FEEL you are limiting yourself if you didn't fast travel in Skyrim? Would you FEEL you were limiting yourself if you refused to use the triple jump in Mario 64? Hey, whatever - you do you, but that just brings us to a rabbit hole of opinions. Mine clearly differs from yours, and I guess that's where this ends.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Diddy64

Anyone else try to obtain all (or most) Sheikah Towers before going for the first divine beast? I always mix some areas if I try to get to specific areas without the map. I guess defeating Calamity Ganon 5 (or 6) times isn't enough to memorize the open world of Breath of the Wild XD

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

jedgamesguy

@Diddy64 I tried to do all the Divine Beasts before seeing Impa, after seeing a video of what happens: absolutely nothing. I also tried to make a map formation like a chequer pattern, by not filling in adjacent sections. Of course some parts did't work, so I then tried to make a donut-shaped map by not filling in the Central Region.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

FroZtedFlake

Anybody else absolutely love trying out all the glitches like wind bombs? I tried those out and now I use them all the time same with the flying machine and hovercar

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Diddy64

@theJGG Oh right, I remember that! She (SPOILER) just says a few praises and nothing more (END OF SPOILER). I talk with the sheikah man after obtaining the Master Sword. The one says that Link can't be the because he didn't have it and, (SPOILER) he still don't believe Link 😂 (END OF SPOILER). I wonder what that sheikah man will say in the sequel?

Interesting the map checkered ideas and the donut one. This game has so many possibilities that it's impossible for me to not play it at least two times a year.

@FroZtedFlakerZz I think I tried the bomb glitch but it was like 1 and a 1/2 year ago. I also remember doing a glitch with the shield that if used correctly, you can through certain walls. Something funny that happened to me was that when I updated to the Lavo VR and started to play my save file of Hateno Village, out of nowhere the sky turned red in the daylight and the red mood event happened! I'll never forget that! 😂 It was funny and weird at the same time!

Undergoing games:

FroZtedFlake

@Diddy64 (SPOILER) In order to get the old shiekah guy (Robbie) to believe you, you have to take off your shirt and talk to him so he sees "Links battle scars" (END)

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

jedgamesguy

@Diddy64 I love erasing my save file and just restarting the game. Offers a nice experience every time, and I try to play it differently.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Diddy64

@FroZtedFlakerZz Oh no, not that one. I am talking about the sheikah man of Kakariko Village. The who gives you a Swift Carrot. He takes care of the carrots during the noon and practice sword fight during the night. He tells you about some moves during that time.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:

Diddy64

@theJGG Same here, I only leave the save file of my first user page undeleted, but on my other two user pages I have deleted and restarted Zelda a few times already. Every playthrough I play it according to where I decided to go. Of course, after obtaining the Sheikah Sensor+ 😊

Undergoing games:

Dezzy

Diddy64 wrote:

Anyone else try to obtain all (or most) Sheikah Towers before going for the first divine beast? I always mix some areas if I try to get to specific areas without the map. I guess defeating Calamity Ganon 5 (or 6) times isn't enough to memorize the open world of Breath of the Wild XD

I avoided doing the divine beasts until the end because I didn't want it to stop raining in the Zora region, Lol
That was crucial to the atmosphere of the whole place!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FroZtedFlake

@Diddy64 Oh ok haha I was like uhhh kinda surprised you don't know that

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Diddy64

@Dezzy I know right? I have a same feeling for a linear game. More specifically, the Torvus Bog area of Metroid Prime 2 which, after restoring it, stops raining.

Undergoing games:

norwichred

Good evening - just a little update for anyone interested

I have progressed a bit. I’ve been to Kakariko village, to Hateno and am now headed to the Lanyrau (sp?) tower on my way to Zara’s domain. I’ve just complete Hala Tuss shrine. That was the first one I needed some help with. I was quite proud that I did the other shrines on my own

norwichred

WoomyNNYes

@norwichred The girl at the Hateno Tech Lab is where you can maximize your bombs. Maxxed out bombs recharge quicker and deal more damage. So, I recommend making sure you max them out. Having maxed out bombs makes it easier to tolerate weapons-breaking.

Yeah, going to Zora domain is cool (it will be raining there, it's part of the plot). Have fun.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

norwichred

As a little update let’s just say no rain and blue skies in Zora’s Domain now

norwichred

Sisilly_G

I'm really glad there is an option to fill out our compendium with monies as I can't be bothered trying to photograph everything (and realised how the mechanic much too late in to the game; I only just recently learned that I can SCAN for ANYTHING! D'oh!).

I have been making heaps of mushroom/meat skewers and cooked apples as they yield more money than selling them raw (and I had heaps thanks to amiibo).

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic