Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,941 to 13,960 of 15,201

Hallonblad

I'm getting really into the korok hunt in my main play through (Normal Mode). I'm currently at 559 (without a guide) and I've become completely obsessed with rocks. Sometimes I find koroks in the most unassuming places, such as under a rock on a beach that could've been just about any old rock. It makes me paranoid. XD

Done the beginning trials as well. I think I never did more than the beginning trials in my first play through. How much harder would you say the other two are in comparison? The beginning one is not too bad, so I'm hoping they ramp up the difficulty in the other two. Challenge me, Nintendo! (Though I guess I will regret saying that when I do them in Master Mode. XD )

Haven't gone into Hyrule Castle yet, I was thinking I wanted to do it all in one go later, but then I realised I need to go there for that one memory... So I guess it will be two trips in there. Might as well grab the shrine and shield when I go in there the first round then. Because why not. Stock up on some awesome weaponry. Do a couple of side quests. (almost forgot them as well! XD So much for efficiency.)

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

rallydefault

Ralizah wrote:

@StuTwo Yeah, I don't get why people are acting like Ganondorf was always this memorable villain that suddenly became a cloud of vapor in BotW. As you said, The Wind Waker is the only game where he's not just a boring representation of pure evil.

Ganon and Zelda in BotW remind me a lot of Sin and Yuna in FFX, to be honest.

Maybe it was just the million+ times I played through Ocarina, or maybe it was just the sense of coolness seeing Ganon in human form after only seeing his pig form in the previous games when I was a kid, but I thought Ganondorf was pretty memorable as a villain.

Just keep in mind that people all have different histories and different perspectives, and then you'll understand why people have different opinions from your own.

rallydefault

-Green-

Ganon needs a new approach. He's basically always just been dude who hungers for power in its most pure form, which is the point, but still.

In this case, he went from insane dude/pig to angry cloud.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

KirbyTheVampire

I know they made him more interesting in certain games like Wind Waker, but I wish Nintendo would give Ganon a personality and motive that's not just "I'm evil because reasons".

KirbyTheVampire

Dezzy

Just replaying this to get ready for the DLC. After doing almost no exploration of Hyrule Castle on my first playthrough, and therefore not getting the Hylian Shield, I completely fluked it on this playthrough and came in through the hole in the wall straight into the cells area where the shiled is. Without having a clue where I was going.

-Green- wrote:

In this case, he went from insane dude/pig to angry cloud.

Easily his most unexpected form.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

shadow-wolf

@TheLZdragon @Ralizah @KirbyTheVampire @-Green- @rallydefault

I do think Ganondorf is a much better villain in his human form than as a pig or as a cloud. As a human, even if he was portrayed as one-dimensional, he has a charisma that's pretty captivating. Honestly, I would go as far as to say that Ganondorf is likely Nintendo's most charismatic villain.

Some of you mentioned how Ganondorf was barely characterized in TP and was much more developed in Wind Waker. I beg to differ IMHO. While he was better characterized in Wind Waker, he was BARELY more characterized. A lot of people say that Ganondorf was a lot more characterized and understandable, but there's literally just one sentence in the entire game that makes people feel that way. The rest of the game he's the same as he's always been. So I don't understand why people point to Wind Waker and say "developed Ganondorf" when he literally just said one sentence different than the other versions of Ganondorf in other games.

shadow-wolf

-Green-

@Dezzy I was hoping someone would make that connection lol.

Dezzy

Ocarina Ganondorf is easily the best imo.

He looks too cartoonishly evil in most of the others.

Roamer

Where do I get better armour? I’ve done 16 shrines but never looted any. The only merchant I’ve found selling them has basic armour and stealth stuff. Have I missed something? Also where can I get more bomb arrows?

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

gcunit

@Roamer Find a shop in a village.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

Roamer wrote:

Where do I get better armour? I’ve done 16 shrines but never looted any. The only merchant I’ve found selling them has basic armour and stealth stuff. Have I missed something? Also where can I get more bomb arrows?

Except for the giant maze shrines, there's rarely armour in any. Most in the village shops.
Lots of bomb arrows in Rito Village. Also around Hyrule Castle outer walls.

ChibiKage89

Dezzy wrote:

Roamer wrote:

Except for the giant maze shrines, there's rarely armour in any. Most in the village shops.
Lots of bomb arrows in Rito Village. Also around Hyrule Castle outer walls.

I think the Barbarian set in the 3 giant mazes I think the only other set is the climber set, one piece is in the shrine between the dueling peaks.

I'm a lets player and live streamer at https://www.youtube.com/ChibiKage89
Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Minecraft

Roamer

Thanks all! I bought the Hyrule armour for now. Just found the castle!

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

Qwertyninty

Question... this DLC that is coming out, can you play it if you haven’t beaten the game yet? I beat the game but unlike other Zelda games in order to replay it you have to start over with a new save file. My son likes to replay after my wife and I have beaten the game. Pretty dumb on Nintendo part for this to be the case.

Qwertyninty

Dezzy

Yeah they haven't made it clear. The best thing would be if it just merges into the main game so you can do it at any point and all of your gear and stats are carried across.
That'd be great for replay value.
Another option is that they'll just have it gated like the master sword is. So you have to get maybe 16 hearts before you can attempt it. Something like that.
Or it might just be entirely separate that you can only access through the menu.

ChibiKage89

@Dezzy
I think the best appearance wise is the one in Hyrule Warriors, gotta love the long badass hair.

I'm a lets player and live streamer at https://www.youtube.com/ChibiKage89
Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Minecraft

Grumblevolcano

@Qwertyninty I think Nintendo expects everyone who uses the Switch to have their own profile. It's not a brilliant solution but can have advantages like if for example you can share the online subscription benefits between all profiles on your Switch like with Xbox Live Gold.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Man, I sort of forgot just how great the Hyrule Castle Theme was until hearing it again. I wish I had a good understanding of music so I could better appreciate it, but it’s still such a nice piece to hear.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic