Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,761 to 13,780 of 15,210

Dezzy

Jhena wrote:

Somehow i managed to let the last ball fall into the ocean.

You can get it out with the ice pillar rune thingy.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

shadow-wolf

So guys, now that we've all played Breath of the Wild, I think it'd be interesting to look again at the trailer Nintendo released during the January Switch presentation for BotW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

Cause my friend told me recently how the trailers essentially "lied" to him about BotW's story content. I thought that was an interesting perception so I rewatched this trailer again myself. And honestly, I think he's kind of right.

When I rewatched the January BotW trailer (which btw is still arguably the best game trailer Nintendo has ever made), there's a lot of emphasis on story, character, and spoken dialogue. Which is interesting, cause the actual game, as amazing as it was, had no where near as much story/character/dialogue as you'd expect from the trailer.

Have any of you guys rewatched that trailer and came to the same conclusion regarding how that trailer compared to BotW after you played it?

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Meowpheel That's certainly true. But the trailer does seem to paint the game as having a more story-driven narrative, when in reality the game pushed exploration much more and story less.

shadow-wolf

JoyBoy

Like how TP’s trailer, the one that made everyone freak out with excitement, was actually implying BOTW.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Jhena

@Dezzy I know thats what i did. But that was the easy part. Running up the hill was painful^^

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Hallonblad

@shadow-wolf I don't agree. The player is free to strictly follow the main quests and as such get a shorter game that is more dense with narrative if they chose to do so. But since most players allow themselves to get off track and distracted every three steps, whatever story is there gets diluted with all the exploration. (It's kind of difficult to keep that "I very urgently need to defeat Ganon and save Hyrule" while picking mushrooms for Symin or searching for that one bug/fish/shield/whatever I still don't have a picture of to fill out the compendium.) While I would have appreciated a deeper story, I don't think that trailer made me think it's more there than it turned out to be. Nintendo made it very clear that the game's main focus was the world itself and to encourage exploration of it.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Eel

Every other trailer, feature, teaser, etc. focused on the world and exploration, too.

It's kinda like having a dress that's mostly blue but with one red sleeve, and a set of 10 promotional photos has one that focuses on the red sleeve.

If someone only sees that one photo, they may think the dress is mostly red... I mean, it's a beautiful shade of red and looks super good, but that doesn't mean the other photos don't exist.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@shadow-wolf I guess your friend isn't aware of how trailers often work for video games, where different trailer showcase different aspects of the game. The reveal trailer and E3 footage was all about exploration and interacting with the open world. The Switch presentation trailer was effectively the game's story trailer, and it never misrepresented that story. The only sense in which the trailer might have "deceived" people is with regard to the style of the in-game music, with the trailers priming the player to expect big, epic scores instead of subtle, ambient tracks.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jhena

65 shrines. Got my ninth heart today and upgaded my ninja gear to level three. It would be cool if gear also changed its appearance like in witcher 3 when upgraded. I should farm those golems or go hunting with my horse to get some money. 9000 rupees missing for the fourth great fairy. Owning a house would be cool too.

Got the white horse and watched the associated cutscene. Zelda mentioned how important empathy is so i named the horse kuzma. I was told it means universe and harmony. Harmony was close enough to empathy. I like the horse and his stats. The armor doesnt look too girly so he can wear it.

Met quite a few of those sand fishes which can be beaten with bombs.Their auto healing felt quite overpowered so i left them alone.

Ive played this game over 200 hours and i am still having fun. The music is actually good. I wouldnt listen to the whole album on youtube but its very fitting and boosting the atmo. Its definitely calming.

Jhena

jump

Stupid question...are there save points in the master trials?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Jhena

93 shrines and 16 hearts. Reached goronia and got every armour to reach every region. Tried the master trials. Definitely not easy but thanks to youtube people now i know how to handle it. Even so i will do this stuff when im done with eveything else. Its better than the last (trials) in wind waker and the one in twillight princess.

The korok shrine quests were really cute. Especially the one where i had to follow one to the shrine. Watched the scene where zelda told link to leave her alone. I wish zelda would behave like the flower that symbolizes her.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Jhena

110 shrines and 194 korok seeds. I think i will do the rest of the shrines after the korok seeds. Would have to do the dungeons and i dont want the enemies to get stronger yet. And those red laser beams destroy the panorama. Im thankful for the guides on youtube. Makes seed collecting enjoyable. The gorons consider me a bro now. Cool quests especially the endurance one.

Looking forward to the champions ballad. I hope i will have finished xenoblade by then.

Jhena

Dezzy

Of course it's gonna be December. I wouldn't surprised if it was December 24th release.
Given that it's digital, they're gonna want as long as possible to polish it.

Jhena wrote:

Its better than the last (trials) in wind waker and the one in twillight princess.

Hell yes. I thought it was really good. The 2nd set of trials especially. The wind ones, were excellent.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snadertjuh

I don't think they will give away any information about DLC 2 before the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The marketing strategy of Nintendo is to promote a single game in specific periods. Mario Odyssey got hyped by trailers and after its release they gave a XC2 direct to get the focus of the customer on that game. When XC2 is released, I think their next 'game' to focus on is the DLC 2.

So I think that we will get more information about it after the first of December. I don't think they will announce this in a special Zelda direct but a direct for the 2018 line up, starting with the announcement of DLC 2 at the end of December, followed by releasedates of 2018.

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

Melack

I have such limited time to play that I'm still discovering new things in the game and still haven't seen the whole world. It's wonderful - discovering and exploring. Sometimes relaxing, sometimes exciting.

Fun thing that happened to me yesterday. I had just pulled out a chest from above via an amiibo. The thing was though that it was a thunderstorm - so the lightning struck down on the chest, put the grass on fire and killed me.

It's even a sense of wonder to die sometimes in this game.

Melack

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic