Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,501 to 13,520 of 15,210

Aaron00

Just beat the game. (Kinda.) I've gotten 60 shrines, all memories, 50 Korok seeds, all of the Diven Beast, all of the towers, and defeated Gabon in just under 50 hours. I think I'm going to move on until pack 2 DLC comes lol. Anyone else in my position?

Aaron00

SKTTR

The Legend of Zelda - HD Collection

Untitled

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Nicolai

@SKTTR
Untitled
Wooow, is it all one purchase? That would be a pretty good deal.

EDIT: Did some research, apparently it's not confirmed, just a rumor. Probably just a fan-made thing. I can't imagine Skyward Sword would feel quite the same way on a Joycon at any rate.

@MegaTen There's really no way to tell. I think it's a stretch too, but it's certainly more likely than the Robin Williams cameo(s).

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

SKTTR

Yeah, unfortunately it's just some wishful cover art,
like those neat custom eShop games covers:

Untitled
I'd love to have Wonder Boy and Shantae physical.
Untitled

Sorry to have you hyped! ^^

Edited on by SKTTR

Nicolai

It's tempting to have a complete comprehensive library of something
The trouble with collections like this for me... they seem complete now, but they won't be once new games are made for the franchise.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

@SKTTR Don't post a fake without labeling it as such. Also it's probably for the best because of those ugly golden-ified box arts, and my poor beautiful Twilight Princess cover... Not to mention the trashy Tantalus port of TP locking off fishing spots in the first place.

@Nicolai Skyward Sword could control the same since the sensor bar is built into the right Joy-Con. In fact it would probably better since the new version of the Wiimote + nunchuck setup has two analogue sticks and shoulder buttons.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

@Haru17 It probably wouldn't need the sensor bar. The sensor bar was only used to orient the accelerometers, which isn't needed anymore thanks to Nintendo having been using magnetometers since the Wii U Gamepad.

I only think it would feel weird for Skyward Sword because the joy-cons are so much smaller, and harder to use as a pointer when not attached to anything. Plus, it would have the added disadvantage of not working well in handheld mode.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

SKTTR

Haru17 wrote:

@SKTTR Don't post a fake without labeling it as such. Also it's probably for the best because of those ugly golden-ified box arts, and my poor beautiful Twilight Princess cover... Not to mention the trashy Tantalus port of TP locking off fishing spots in the first place.

Oh sorry, thought it was obvious enough, with no announcement whatsoever.
What did Tantalus? Locking up fishing spots in the TP HD remake??? (remake, not port.) Elaborate pls.

Haru17

@SKTTR They put a giant gate in front of the Ordon fishing spot where the monkey carries the cradle. The thought of an area accessible in in the original game being blocked off in the remake is unimaginable. That, the Cave of Shadows, and the new collectables and utility item feel cheap to me. It doesn't help that the textures newly made for 2016 look like crap. I use 'port' because that's what it is. Twilight Princess was not 'remade' in any sense, it was ported, 'remastered' if you're feeling generous. It's a rush job without any care put into it, simple as that.

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

It really is just a remaster. Not a very substantial one though.

The remade textures and clarer visuals don't really flatter the unaltered 2006 low-poly models everything has.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Haru17 Skyward Sword didn't require the sensor bar, it was all gyro controls.

And yeah TP HD... Still don't know why it exists, and now a real remaster won't happen anytime soon...

Octane

Octane

@Meowpheel Calibrating just sets the "pointer" to the middle of the screen IIRC.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane It existed as a stopgap release, just like WWHD. BotW was taking too long so those 2 remasters happened so Wii U owners had Zelda games to play.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Yeah, but TWWHD was actually done in house instead of farmed out.

Octane

I have no problem with outsourcing for remasters, as long as they're done right. Take Bluepoint Games as an example.

Octane

Haru17

The thing is the Zelda team know how their own games work and are just more experienced / equipped developers overall.

By the way, it just hit me that Breath of the Wild is technically another vehicle gimmick Zelda game. Ocarina's horse, The Wind Waker's boat, Spirit Tracks' train, Skyward Sword's Loftwing, and Breath's paraglider.

Eel

I'd say the horse in ocarina is a very minor element of the game. You can even go through the entire game without ever meeting epona.

The Oracle games were a bit more "vehicle gimmick"-y, in case you want to add them to your list.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

@Meowpheel I don't know what the Oracle games do unless you mean the respective rods. I was just talking about vehicle gimmicks, otherwise I would have mentioned Wolf Link, hidden skills, and masks.

And whether or not Epona is practical, she became a series staple after her appearance in Ocarina. Horses aren't very practical in Breath of the Wild either with all of the rocks and ledges and the inability to summon your horse like any other open world game despite being bigger than any other open world game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic