Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,301 to 13,320 of 15,201

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano Woah. So is this DLC pack just going to add a story to the existing game world? That could be great, but it's also quite late and disappointing that the dream of Majora's Mask stays dead.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

NaviAndMii

@meleebrawler Haha! Good point ..he's not the friendliest fella though - Link was just trying to help!

@Grumblevolcano Aww, that's a shame - I'd kind of hoped that we might be able to explore the vastness of Hyrule with some new characters, with abilities that encourage a different style of play...not the end of the world though - Red Dead Redemption's 'Undead Nightmare' expansion featured the same character in the same world, but had a whole different vibe which breathed fresh life in to the game - so curious to see what Aonuma-san & co have up their sleeves!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haru17

If the DLC involves actually walking with NPCs out in the open world and them having actual thoughts and personalities, it will be like 20 times better than the main game. I'm never going to understand the stubborn refusal to add even a little life to Link's freaking boring journey through post apocalyptic Hyrule.

Although we have ever indication that 100 years ago Hyrule is going to be just as barren and lifeless for no particular reason. Also, the dungeon is probably going to be another case of generic Sheikah wallpaper.

Edit: They set it after the ending of the game to avoid having to change the world which would require work:

https://twitter.com/Sefsef_BJ/status/883298646405656576

Edited on by Haru17

rallydefault

Dang, that's a bummer. I really thought we'd get to play as Zelda, at least.

At first I thought it would be cool to run around in Hyrule after Gannon's defeat, but then I'm just kinda like... well... not much would really be different lol

The piles of goo would be gone, I guess. Maybe the Divine Beasts would move around a bit. Yay?

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 This sounds like something you won't be able to access until you've actually beaten the game. Maybe something like:
Beat final boss -> cutscenes and credits -> rather than setting you back to before the final boss it goes straight into the DLC story

If so, I guess that explains why you can't buy the content separately and there'll probably be a BotW GotY edition type situation next year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano I wonder if free roam will be enabled or if we're going full FFXV train mode. The Wind Waker pajamas would imply the former, but they would have to rebuild Hyrule Castle and/or Castle Town.

Anyway, after Ganon's defeat makes it even more of a puzzle how a dungeon and its boss will play into this. Will the DLC even have new enemies or items at all?

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

It needs to be its own self contained thing.

Or at the very least something the player has the choice of "activating".

You really can't just lock the player out of the normal "aftergame" like that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SKTTR

If this is endgame DLC, we get to keep the Light Bow and the "Defeat Ganon" quest stays completed.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Nin10dad

Would have loved to have been able to play in Hyrule, 100 years ago, before it all fell to the calamity! Recruiting the champions or whatnot. Guess it would have been a lot of work for the team to do that though.
I'm sure whatever they put out will be epic

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

erv

So we're getting to hang out with zelda doing all sorts of hyrule ruly stuff? Sounds good to me

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

meleebrawler

@rallydefault Monsters don't respawn ever. Maybe they'll even be less violent without Ganon's influence? The Yiga clan will probably still be just as determined to kill Link and Zelda as ever, though. Maybe even more so, to the point of being the main antagonists.

@NaviAndMii Well, Revali just never bought into this whole destiny/chosen hero bit. He actually seems to sympathize most with Zelda because of this, just not openly like Urbosa.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

The final boss of DLC pack 2 is Capcom, once you defeat Capcom then Monster Hunter XX gets localized and the retro collections get released for Switch!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

meleebrawler

@Grumblevolcano No, the final boss is Fatalis, who flies in and takes over the still-in-construction Hyrule Castle. And after beating him once there, you both teleport to Death Mountain and fight him again in his Crimson form.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Eel

No, actually the final boss the confrontation of your memories and the struggle to express your feelings.

It ends with a group hug, dealing massive damage.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NaviAndMii

A lot of misinformation around here...the final boss will be 'fear itself' - once defeated, Hyrule will literally have nothing to fear!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Nicolai

No, the final boss is the future of the non-open-air-style Zelda game series. Once defeated, no more traditional Zelda games are ever released, and the series becomes more open-world spam.

Or rather, it lies dormant in the sword for centuries (The Master Sword: Hyrule's trash bin) and is later reborn as a "New" series.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

Didn't they specifically tell us we'd have a new playable character when they announced the season pass? What happened?

TuVictus

Eel

They... Didn't.

As far as I remember they only promised a "new story with a new dungeon" or something like that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Nin10dad

Finished the Trial of the Sword last night. Honestly think the middle section was tougher than the final stretch!

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic