Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,421 to 12,440 of 15,210

Eric258

@Tsurii Yeah, seriously tho! XD I didn't like Zelda at first. With the few memories I had, I was worried she would be the Tsundere type - the annoying type of girl who's always angry and etc. Instead she became my favourite version of Zelda due to her struggles and how she reacts to them. She's a believable and relate-able character. Also some memories just made me feel so bad for her

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

meleebrawler

A cool thing I noticed about the Hyrule Castle music, is that while it features Ganon's theme both outside and in to signify his dominion of the area, outside you get the main theme to represent Link breaking in (it's called the Song of the Hero after all), and inside you hear Zelda's because that's where she's trapped.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JamestheLol

Wait, can you play Legend of Zelda breath of the wild using only one joycon. Cuz I wanted to play the game using the surge controller like thing where you pop one joycon in to play it like a controller. Can you play the game doing that only using one joycon?

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

Also does anyone know the best portable charger to use for the switch that is under 30 bucks

JamestheLol

KirbyTheVampire

@Pigeon You don't need to do side quests to do shrines. Most of them can just be found anywhere. Some of them require puzzles to be solved in order to reach the shrines, but sometimes those end up being the "shrine" itself and you just get the reward as soon as you enter the shrine.

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend doing the Divine Beasts and finding the memories. Those are where you'll find the bulk of the story, especially the memories.

KirbyTheVampire

TNGYM

@Pigeon

Sounds like Pavlov hit you with a generous case of gamerbrain. This game, like other intrinsic systems driven games like minecraft or dwarf fortress is the polar opposite of the games you are trying to compare it to. You are just trying to play it like an extrinsically based western AAAAAA game.... Which is why you see it as one. Intrinsic games are like mirrors.

That thing you are complaining about literally does not exist. You are imposing it upon yourself. You simply came across npc's whose purpose in handing out said sidequests is literally just to let you know something you can get exists.

Youre the one who chained yourself into doing all the things they say, because thats how western AAAAAAAA games have conditioned you to respond. The number of side quests that actually require you to interact with npc's and do their stuff can be counted on one hand.

I, on the other hand simply went and found and did those things without being told about them, and simply recieved money and loot from surprised npc's and an immediate mission complete notification.

That strange urge you cant quite place that makes you want to play and you dont know why? Thats your atrophied agency trying to get out.

Why are you worrying about the one out of like 3 shrines in the game where you have to do stuff for npc sidequests?

There are a hundred and seventeen other ones out there. They are so numerous so that no matter where you go, or what path you take to the end game, or which ones you dont want to bother with, or the dozens you miss, you will have more than enough health and stamina to have fun feel powerful progress, and beat the game.

Why are you chaining yourself to that one thats attached to something you arent interested in right now? The orb you get is exactly the same asa nyo ther one in any other shrine.

Look up, climb that tallest peak in the village, look around, find something you want to go to, and GO. You will probably have at least 5 crazy adventures on your way there.

TNGYM

TNGYM

DarthNocturnal wrote:

TNGYM wrote:

Youre the one who chained yourself into doing all the things they say, because thats how western AAAAAAAA games have conditioned you to respond.

Or, y'know, some people's brains simply think or process things differently, and the nonexistent brainwashing isn't to blame.

Dave Anthony would strongly disagree with you.

And since he actually walks around with fistfulls of millions off of all the gamers he bragged about brainwashing...

Im inclined to believe him over you.

Almost every single one of the thousands of games pumped out of the worst generation, force you to do the exact same thing, the exact same way, why are you surprised that when those restrictions are suddenly removed people still remember force of habit?

He doesnt want to do it. He doesnt like doing it. He feels like he has to do it because hes been forced to do it for so long. He literally said so himself. 'I hate when im forced to do xyz to continue, or get something i need". And who does? It stinks. Hes been exposed to that so much, he automatically assumed thats the way it was.... Despite the game literally being the polar opposite of that.

Theres a lot of money in making that thought process happen.

If you dont believe that habitual conditioning isnt a thing in the current videogame industry, let alone a multi million marketing aspect....Then you wouldnt mind letting me have all your trophy and acheivement information that directly records your habits and behaviors right? Ah shoot, its already been sold to and bought by hundreds of thousands of different businesses!

Edited on by TNGYM

TNGYM

Octane

@TNGYM Maybe you're the one brainwashed into thinking everyone else is brainwashed

Someone didn't think Zelda was a 10/10 masterpiece. But no, it's a conspiracy and he's brainwashed by the "western AAA market".

Octane

JoyBoy

Just here to point out this is page 666. Make of that what you will... I'll let myself out...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

mav-i-am

@Pigeon sounds like you don't like open world games? if so I am not sure what you are expecting from this open world game?

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

GoronBrudda

FGPackers wrote:

Second to last update! Did Central Hyrule, started the Castle where i did the last Shrine and got the Hylian Shield too. I got also all memories and i watched the entire sequence. Wow, that is really incredible! Now i have to decide if i'll upgrade the Shrines Hero Set before doing for real the Castle. If i'll easily get the Star Fragments i'll do it. Can't wait to see the final of the game!

I'm in exactly the same boat as you! There's a huge part of me that wants to get everything else done first and just leave the final boss til last. I'm also not entirely sure if some of the things are still available to do after having completed it, or if any of them cease to exist. But even if they are all still doable, I think I still want to get everything else first so that I can end the game on an epic boss fight,and not just find everything else to be an anticlimax.

Does anybody else who has beat the final boss early know if there are any other sidequests or upgrades that you can no longer do afterwards? (or is literally everything else that has not been done yet still available afterwards upon defeating him?) If so, does it revert to a hero mode or something after you do this, or is everything still playable in the normal mode that you were in from before the fight?

Any insight from anyone on this would be greatly appreciated.

GoronBrudda

NEStalgia

@Pigeon I still have about 15 shrines left to find, maybe 20 or so have puzzles associated with them to open (solving a riddle, completing a maze, or figuring out the right item to use....or some sort of physical object puzzle.) THose generally have no shrine puzzle, the puzzle to access the shrine was the shrine puzzle, you just walk in and get the orb. So far I can think of only one that had an actual set of quests associated with it. And it wasn't Kakariko (though there's one around there I haven't figured out how to get, and haven't obtained the quest to do it yet either so I have no hint.)

I agree about the lack of story but keep in mind it's more or less a reboot of Zelda 1....which had no story beyond "Find and defeat Ganon" as well. It's a little retro in its story mechanism on purpose.

But yeah you can't really play it in a linear fashion. you can make your own linearity of it, but it's open world in that to upgrade yourself you really need to find shrines, weapons, and acquire/upgrade armor, and there's no real set quests to do that you just have to find them. The beats can be done linear, but without the exploration you'll be very weak for handling them and even moreso for the castle. IT CAN be played linear, but you'd miss most of the actual game, and you'd be playing on Hero+++ difficulty.

NEStalgia

Late

Current progress:
Divine beasts: 3
Shrines: 60
Koroks: 230
Hyrule compendium: 300
Hours played: 75

I rounded some of them since I'm not aware of the exact amount right now. Also left out the max number from each in case someone doesn't want to know them. This game is by far my favorite Zelda game. I love just roaming around and finding things. I like climbing every mountain in search of Koroks even though I'm yet to even stumble upon Hestu. I'm most likely going to 100% this game. I want to keep playing as long as I can. I would've actually liked if the Hyrule compendium were even bigger and included people, maybe even cooked food. That way you could at least store all your recipes.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Brian-Price

@Late Thats Crazy, between my son and i, we have clocked in 2-3 hundred hours with different accounts. I have only did 50 shrines and 72 seeds and 1 divine beast, lol. I am one of those OCD people i will hunt and explore for hours, and spend hours farming foods and parts to upgrade my gear. I am an explorer in no hurry. Now i am at the point i have all Royal and Lynel weapons and can get them pretty easy and my gear is all lvl 3 so i am ready to move on.

Brian-Price

Ryu_Niiyama

Very small update because...work. My deluxe guide came in! Very much worth the extra money and wait. I'm going to use it to find shrines I want to have located all 120 before I take on Vah Naboris.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Late

@ReeLongbow That's the crazy thing. I see people with many more hours and they've done far less than me. I think I'm playing at a leisure pace too. I always go by foot so I can search every nook and cranny. I have only warped 5-10 times and used a horse only when there's a quest or a minigame that requires it. Cooking is one thing that I don't really care about and that seems to take a lot of time if one decides to cook often. I've cooked like 10 times so far. I pick up so many food items along the way that I don't need to cook. I don't care about stat buffs or extra hearts. I fear they make the game too easy. If I cook something, it's almost always for stamina recovery or for a side quest. I've upgraded some gear to max and I probably could upgrade more now.

I'm currently working my way towards Death Mountain. I left the desert a couple of days ago, I've played 8 hours since and I just roamed through Faron Woods. I think I'll get to my destination in 20-30 hours. There are many places I want to explore on the way. I can finally finish couple of side quests too. I've had a Lynel picture for a Zora for who knows how long.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

TNGYM

@Octane This is always amusing to see.
Im always the anti nintendo sony/ms fanboy, and then the next second im the zelda elitest fanboy....

And I always say the same things. It just depends on the preconcieved conceptions of who is responding. Color me however you want if it makes you feel comfortable about dismissing facts and reality.
I am under no illusion that reality or any amount of facts will change your pre concieved notions.

https://longform.org/posts/why-facts-don-t-change-our-minds

I didnt bring up brain washing, that was you and the person who responded to me. You two brought that up all on your own to avoid an uncomfortable bout of critical thinking about something you like.

I didnt claim worst generation marketing is brain washing, Dave Anthony did. I just believe him because he made multi millions by doing his thing, and there is no shortage of yous rushing to defend the 'industry' everytime someone 'attacks' it by not vomiting unanimous praise upon its every facet.
Maybe you should google his name or something. Maybe not, critical thinking is haaaard, and booooooring.

Edited on by TNGYM

TNGYM

KirbyTheVampire

Maybe we should all just chill out a little and let people like or dislike the game, regardless of whether the western AAA market has been brain-washing us or not. Forcing the fact that the game was "intrinsically designed" down someones throat won't make them like or dislike the game any more than they already do. Games are all just entertainment anyway, so let people be "brain-washed" and play what they want if they find it fun.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

TuVictus

gotta agree with pigeon, the game is variable for those who play it. By no means a badly designed game, but its definitely not for everyone. My favorite response to the criticisms it gets is "you're playing it wrong". Especially when the weapon durability is brought up. "you're supposed to use other ways to kill enemies, you're playing it wrong".

Which I find highly ironic, because the whole mantra surrounding this game is play the way YOU want to, not the way everyone says you should. Unfortunately for me, trying to just use my weapons was designed to be ineffective in the long run.

That said, before people bite my head off, I loved the game as it was. But it definitely should be improved next time, if they really are gonna stick to the whole open world thing.

I was hoping there'd be intricate caverns to discover through tiny cave entrances, but what we got was a very admittedly beautiful and well crafted surface world with alternate dimension portals on the form of shrines, making them feel less organic to the environment.

So this isn't a case of the Zelda cycle or whatever dismissal people will usually give to others who don't agree with them, what I see most of all is that people more or less find fun in the game, but there are some unavoidable trappings of the genre that some people just won't enjoy. Like numerous side quests, or even the open ended nature of the game to an extent.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic