Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,281 to 12,300 of 15,210

Nicolai

G0dlike wrote:

Yeah, my thoughts are it would be awesome to explore 10,000 years ago in the DLC, using this engine, rather than in a later game in the series with a different art direction. @Ryu_Niiyama

Me too, but I mostly want to see all of the ruined structures and towns before the calamity. Castle Town, Lon Lon Ranch, Royal Ancient Lab, Tabantha Village, Deya Village, Fort Hateno, maybe even the Forgotten Temple! The list goes on! Gatepost Town, the Coliseum...

That amount of development might be prequel worthy, and might be a bit much for DLC.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

NEStalgia

@Nicolaison I keep thinking the same thing (and just discovered Forgotten Temple last night. Not as much to it as I'd hoped but the art design of the front gave me Link to the Past flashbacks. It was pretty cool.)

But yeah that would be pretty much a whole new MAP other than the geography, I don't see that happening as DLC. Maybe individual locations but that would be mostly a whole new game there. Could be a good BotW II as that second Switch Zelda Aonuma mused about though!

NEStalgia

Haru17

They can't make the pre-Calamity version of any of those locations because they never existed in the first place. They're just copy pasted ruins onto which we are projecting the implications of the names they threw on the map. They were never designed to serve any grand purpose or have anything beneath the surface.

I came the closest I have been to actually being insulted by a Zelda game when I saw the 'Arbiter's Grounds' ruins on the map, only to approach to find... more desert pillars. Like, fine, I wasn't expecting to puzzle through the Arbiter's Grounds hundreds of millennia later, but why even call it that if it's not going to even be a mere nod?
There wasn't a single unique asset there, compared to the spinner tracks, braziers, clockwork mechanisms, bugs,
spikes, and skulls that probably numbered stronger than 100 for the Twilight Princess iteration (i.e. the only version,
for the reasons I have laid out). Just... why?

I honestly don't know what to expect from the DLC now that the main game is out. One would assume it would be more enemies, more weapons, more areas, another boss, and a full-length dungeon, but who knows if they'd be able to pull that off with a diminished, DLC-sized team if there wasn't even a proper dungeon in the main game?

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 My reaction was similar when I saw that name on the map. I get that some people like them as ''easter eggs'', but if they're nothing more than names, why even include them in the first place? It's as if they had to name every group of pillars/ruins/rubble that you could find. But without the name, you wouldn't even recognise it as the thing it's pretending to be.

Octane

TNGYM

erv wrote:

I've got a feeling we're going to see a lot of games make use of this engine in one way or another. I hope to see them do more zelda stuff, two or three games, like this using this engine, the way they pumped out majora's mask after ocarina but then two or three times.

We don't know what the dlc will be, so perhaps it will be on that scale already... I was under the impression the world map would remain the same.

Im pretty sure this is a modified version of the xenoblade engine.

They probably ditched the old zelda engine after the initial unveiling when the the game went dark for over a year and they brought on all the monolithsoft staff.

TNGYM

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I was HOPING I wouldn't. I got there holding my breath and it's like "oh, good, only flying guardians and a black Hinox. I'm safe.

NEStalgia

GoronBrudda

ReeLongbow wrote:

I think it would be cool in an upcoming DLC if they let you pick what kind of plants you want around your house and maybe be able to put fish in your pond and pick your tree, more house customization.

Yeah, what I'd have liked to have been able to do with the house customization, is to be able to build it up so that you had enough slots to store one of each weapon in there (kinda like the Hyrule Compendium, but as a physical retrieval system). That way you could stash weapons for later when you need them for specific side-quests, etc, just by coming back to the house to grab appropriate ones at specific times. This would have given Link's house a much more useful function in the game. (and would have been alot more fun building it).

Without it though, what I tended to find was that even though I had plenty of carryable weapon slots,
as many of them I was saving for later for specific things, it meant I was down to only a couple I could actually use, so that I didn't break the important ones on menial things like rock smashing, and fighting regular enemies, etc. So if I was able to store more of the cooler ones in the house, I could have carried alot more of the more menial weapons, and wouldn't have even cared whether they break or not so much.

GoronBrudda

Ryu_Niiyama

So I've finally started using Epona instead of walking and climbing everywhere. I really, really like the horse back riding. I think I'll ramble around and find another 30 shrines (only at 60 lol) and then just ride to get to the majority of them. the riding feels a bit weighty and while obviously not 1 to 1, it feels more like actual horseback riding to me.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eric258

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah, horse back riding is really fun. I now try to take horses wherever I can. It feels nice that it's kinda organic and that you don't directly control the horse, you simply guide it. Idk, it makes me happy seeing the horse happy whenever you praise it after jumping. Also I love feeding my horses. Whenever they get hurt or when I've ridden a good while with them, I would always feed them. And for some odd reason, whenever it's raining I usually try to find shelter for both me and the horse. I guess that since you don't technically have a companion character my horses became them. I even imagined different personalities! One of mine is a hippy and another is a dumb lovable ! XD

Edited on by gcunit

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eric258 Agreed on the taking shelter in the rain. Link just looks so miserable and I can't do that to Epona, so I always rush to find a dry spot. It is funny how seeing the NPCs react to rain sparked a visceral reaction in myself as well. I do miss the Yiga ambushes when on horseback though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eric258

@Ryu_Niiyama It's weird but in this game I'm purposely changing the way I play due to the way I imagine things to happen. Again with the rain thing, whenever i rained, I would make sure to put on the hood, but when it was sunny, I would make link wear the topaz earrings instead. Kinda similar instances in towns where I would remove my weapons. I guess I tried to immerse myself even further. I haven't tried to do anything like this since playing twilight princess or super mario galaxy for the first time. I guess I just felt like a kid again and just liked using my imagination. It's weird cause ya a feeling that haven't felt for a while but yet felt so familiar.

SKTTR

I found out that there's an icon next to all completed shrines, so I traveled back to 10 shrines I haven't yet completed. Wow, I missed some pretty well hidden treasure chests in those.

I also completed the horse training archer game and got two more "Important" items. One for finishing with 20 targets, and one for finishing with hitting all 25 targets. I hear the Archer Link amiibo has another exclusive horse set, bringing the total of horse sets (I know of) to four: one from registering Zelda's Royal horse, one you can buy at Kiltons monster shop, one from winning the horse archery minigame.

I have now more than 400 Korok seeds, and I'm short of 2 shield upgrades to have maxed out my weapons/bows/shields space. I found so many lately, by searching locations in my 235 hour playthrough I never really explored. Can't believe I'm still not halfway through. But thankfully if you found half of them it's enough to max out your pocket size, you won't need the other 450 Korok seeds.

And I finally maxed all my armor now to 4 stars. Only some of the amiibo one's (OoT Link, 8-Bit Link) + DLC shirt are missing now. Now I have to buy at least 3 more amiibos to unlock everything important.

The most important amiibo for Breath of the Wild are for me:

• Smash Link (for the Shadow Armor set and Epona)
  • Smash Toon Link OR Wind Waker Toon Link (one of them for Wind Armor set)
  • Ocarina of Time Link (for the Time Armor set)
  • 8-Bit Link (for the Hero Armor set)
  • Shiek (for Shiek's Mask - unfortunately just one piece, not a set)
  • Rider Link (for the exclusive horse set)
  • Wolf Link (even though I find him annoying as he's more of a trouble than help, some like him and he brings an interesting extra element to the game)

The other Zelda amiibos (Zelda, Ganondorf, Archer Link, Toon Zelda, BotW Zelda, Bokblin, and Guardian) don't seem to bring anything exclusive, apart from maybe a weapon, bow, or shield that breaks anyway.

Even though I completed so much in the game, all shrines, all quests, all armor, etc., my map % says I'm at 59,05 / 100%. I feel pretty bad now. I need to feel better, so what's your map % ?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

TuVictus

Wished the Majora's mask amiibo was actually FDL, but I guess they wanna keep with the "link box art pose" thing they've been doing

TuVictus

Haru17

So, the Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword Link amiibo just got announced for June 23rd. The Twilight Princess one is redundant with the Smash Link amiibo, if you already have it. They all give green tunics from their respective games, with the Majora's Mask one subbing in the Fierce Deity mask / tunic and the Twilight Princess amiibo also yielding Epona.

Pre-order when?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MKnab13

Made a topic earlier and was told to come here to get some better feedback, just some ideas for future updates and dlc, tell me what you think and would appreciate some feedback, thanks!

A few ideas ive been thinking of that i thought might make the endgame a little more fun and also just some additional things to add to the game,

1: assuming the DLC coming out towards the end of the year picks up after the fight with Ganon, and it would invole you going around hyrule with zelda and probably doing all sorts of things and dungeons, i think it would be cool to have a huge reconstruction side/main quest that involes repairing ruins and structures all over hyrule and begin restoring it to its former glory.

2: i think being able to upgrade or enhance your horses at the horse fairy would be pretty cool, like improving there stats would be nice, also maybe make saddle bags that you can equip to store weapons, bows, and shields.

3: definitely adding alot more side quests with more intricate things to do with them, rather then somthing like collect 20 of that item and give it to that person, or kill these enemies, rather have it give more of an effect on an area and maybe get some cool backstory info.

4: an addition of a few more shrines would be nice, those are always fun

5: an addition of crafting new weapons, shields, and bows, and also improving current ones would be another cool way to utilize all those materials you gather.

Was a bit of a mouthfull but just wanted to write some of my ideas down, feedback would be appreciated and let me hear some of your cool idea's too!

MKnab13

SKTTR

@Tsurii Thanks for the heads up. I've tried it a bunch of times now... seeing my rupee counter going minus 400, that must have been 20 tries x 20 rupees. My Epona is pretty stubborn. Maybe should try a slower horse for better controls and with more stamina, due to the slalom at the end.

Put many hours into BotW and can beat most of it with ease, but I'm definately not a pro rider, really need some practice as horses behave and respond so differently.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Nicolai

Turns out, there is something that can fell the mighty cucco.

There's a link to a related video where they try to take a cucco to the final boss. That was also entertaining to watch. spoiler: it disappears before the fight begins.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Eric258

@Nicolaison That Cuoco is definitely still alive. I betcha it's just chilling at the bottom of the lava lake. It's just waiting. For what though? Idk but it can't be good

Edited on by Eric258

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic