Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,261 to 12,280 of 15,201

KirbyTheVampire

@NEStalgia True. That's why I said "almost".

I think it was really intended to be solved by stealth and not combat, though. Still, it's cool that you can fight your way through if you want to.

KirbyTheVampire

Nicolai

I wouldn't even call it mandatory. I ended up blitzing my way through the thing toward the end.
Sorry, that point was just covered.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

SKTTR

Every Zelda game has one or two stealth sections. Especially when Gerudo locations are in the game, that's when you know there's a stealth section nearby.

Though BotW makes it very easy with the NPC telling you what you need to do right before that section and spamming you with the item you need, and even when you're being discovered, you're not instantly failing, or put to jail, or being thrown out of the area - no - you're getting a chance fighting your way out. So, even in that regard I think BotW has more freedom than other Zeldas.

Personally, I don't like stealth sections either, but it helped a lot that this section is extremely small (2 small rooms and 1 big room) and it's easy to win if you know what you're doing.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Nicolai

@DarthNocturnal ...I don't think that's true. I'm quite certain guards shot in OoT's Gerudo Fortress stand back up after about 20 seconds.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

They definitely do get up if you leave them alone long enough

TuVictus

Octane

You are all forgetting that you can climb everywhere. You can bypass all of the stealth sections.

Octane

Nicolai

Octane wrote:

You are all forgetting that you can climb everywhere. You can bypass all of the stealth sections.

No, the Yiga Clanmaster won't appear if you climb over the hideout.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Octane

@Nicolaison Not talking about avoiding the entire hideout... You can still climb the walls inside the hideout.

Octane

Eric258

@Nicolaison I think what @Octane meant was that you can easily bypass the majority of the stealth sections by using the high structures in the room. For the first portion you can just climb around the centre pillar and in the third (final) section, just climb around the wall on the second floor (where the mother load of bananas is located XD) and drop onto the rafters. That way you only need to deal with the Yiga clan member at the doorway and you can just drop some bananas from this position. For the second portion just use the bow to shoot down the bananas.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Nicolai

@Octane @Eric258 Ah, I see. The clan member at the doorway was always the hardest part anyway.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

TNGYM

Or you can just freeze him with stasis.

I actually made it all the way through the stealth section without being seen, and then went back for a huge battle royale. It was fantastic. All the pillars made it a bit too easy though. Any time i felt over whelmed i just ran off, jumped a wall or short pillar and fired off some slow mo head shots. Still tons of fun.

TNGYM

Som64

I've discovered something rather interesting in this game but I'm not sure if it's spoilers or not. It has something to do with the final boss but it's nothing about the boss itself but what's around it. I'm wondering how I can mark my text so it won't show up for anyone until they click it. In that way I can share what I have discovered without anybody reading spoilers.

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

Nicolai

I just discovered that hot springs heal you.
"Who has two thumbs and loves hot springs? Everyone with two thumbs!"

EDIT: fun fact; you can't cryonis hot springs.

@Som64
[spoilers]surround your text with the following tags[/spoilers]

Except the tag is "spoiler," not "spoilers."

Hey, I thought that whenever you put something inside the [code] tags, it negates all tags inside of it. What happened to that functionality? It was great for explaining tags to people.

UPDATE: I guess it works for other tags, but not spoilers? I wonder why not.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Ryu_Niiyama

@DarthNocturnal They don't stay down but you can knock them out long enough to breeze through the area. Zelda stealth missions are still too easy but they are a nice change of pace.

Anyway I love the Yiga hideout. Best part is that the freestanding loot respawns! Free Bananas!

I swear this is the game where I feel like a time travel/light world/dark world type mechanic would have been really cool. I would love to either go back to 100 years ago or to 10000 years ago. I have big hopes for the DLC.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

@Ryu_Niiyama
That would be insane with the size the world is already, but yea, it would be cool.

I think the DLC will allow us to hop back in time only in very certain areas. My main hope is that the DLC isn't some cordoned-off, totally separate thing. I hope it integrates with our current save files and allows us to basically add on to what we already have going.

rallydefault

Ryu_Niiyama

@rallydefault Oh don't get me wrong I expect that short of them flipping the assets of the current world and adding like four or five towns with a enemy spawn change I would say what I really want would take another year. Since the story DLC is adding only one dungeon last I checked I'm trying to stay realistic but there is so much potential in this world. I'd hate to see Aonuma-san just go jenga on the whole thing.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Nicolai

I love critical analyses from smart guys like the guy who made this video. He has a lot of fantastic ideas on how to make a future Breath of the Wild successor much better. Be warned, it's an hour and a half long, and spoils just about everything you can imagine, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you've seen just about everything in the game. He goes out of his way to explain the solution of every puzzle he mentions. If you are going to watch it, I suggest skipping to 9:54, as the first ten minutes he spends talking about technical issues we all know.

I definitely don't agree with everything he says, of course. His changes to the durabilty system wouldn't have worked the way he proposed it, and I seemed to have enjoyed the divine beasts a lot more than he did, and appreciated their complexity even if they were a bit short. And I definitely wouldn't be okay with scrapping the tradition of having puzzles in Zelda, and turning it into a dungeon crawlee RPG. But that's just one idea, and he has many others. The idea of axing 50 shrines in favor of some more dungeons that are larger and longer definitely stuck with me. That, and making sure that puzzles with multiple solutions are balanced so that any solution feels just as rewarding as the other.

Got married.

Nin10dad

Yeah, my thoughts are it would be awesome to explore 10,000 years ago in the DLC, using this engine, rather than in a later game in the series with a different art direction. @Ryu_Niiyama

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

erv

I've got a feeling we're going to see a lot of games make use of this engine in one way or another. I hope to see them do more zelda stuff, two or three games, like this using this engine, the way they pumped out majora's mask after ocarina but then two or three times.

We don't know what the dlc will be, so perhaps it will be on that scale already... I was under the impression the world map would remain the same.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

FGPackers

Wow things are getting a little bit complicated: I finished the quests in Gerudo, so i got the Thunder Helm. I did a couple of Shrine quests. The first is the race on the sand, really funny! Even if i was hoping for a "circuit" a little bit more difficult. The second was the drink one. Now i miss only 5 Shrines. I also got the photo of the last giant animal for the side quest, gonna turn it soon. And finally i found the last Great Fairy and...wow. It will get me a little bit of time farming before i can start Central Hyrule!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic