Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,201 to 12,220 of 15,210

meleebrawler

@Haru17 They don't explain it because all ancient technology is inexplicable in this game, being fictional and borderline magical. Think like the Mechon from Xenoblade, only things that hurt those reliably are the magical Monado or stuff made from the same material.

Ancient arrows are basically lasers that are so powerful only stuff made of the same material (Guardians) can even remotely withstand them, vaporizing anything else because they are just. That. Strong. It's also why reflecting their blasts is the only reliable way to damage them prior to getting, again, weapons of the same material or the magic Master Sword (with bonus Malice-slaying).

Interestingly, this ancient technology isn't the only lost thing. Rubber, a non-fictional material is also described with confusion, with nothing known about it besides it's name and apparent insulation properties. But nobody knows how to use or make it anymore.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

FGPackers

Did a little bit more this afternoon: 112 Shrines, did the secret club quest and the solution was really nice! I also did the quest for the whale sand boss, don't know the english monster name. By the way the fight was quite challenging (especially avoiding it) but fun and satisfying! Now i'm on my way to the Yiga Base to start soon the Divine Beast

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haru17

@meleebrawler But this isn't Xenoblade and you can kill guardians with a wooden bow and arrows and a tree branch.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

meleebrawler

@Haru17 Just another form of videogame logic... hit something enough, regardless of how weak the hits are, and it will die/break. Not being able to damage them at all without the gear in a game where that stuff breaks would be too frustrating to implement.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Undead_terror

anyone else have something weird happen to them? not too long ago, I was farming Dinraal stuff, and twice, the dragon came down, however the textures wasn't fully detailed, looked like it would be a model/texture for a long distance view, and then to add more of a issue, you couldn't even hit him...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Nicolai

@Undead_terror Nothing outside of normal game rules. Recently I had a wolf kinda flip out when it tried to run away from me while I had it cornered against a cliff. Kinda jumped around a bit in a glitchy sort of way. Not much to write home about. And occasionally Moblin's hurt me when I don't expect them to. Just wonky hitboxes, I guess.

Oh, and I've had Dinraal appear more frequently than I expect. There was this one time where I watched him fly up to a stormcloud, then a couple seconds later saw him right behind me. He showed up around 4 times that night. I'm not totally sure how spawning works for dragons, so I can't say if that was out of the ordinary or not.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

@Undead_terror The only issue I encountered was the lag when hitting the Moblins, but those turned out to be a widespread issue, and not something rare. I've tried to break the game in other ways, but I didn't succeed

Octane

Undead_terror

Ya the moblin lag is a thing to happened to mii as well so no worries if you are by yourself, no scratches on my disc, I guess it may be a spawn issue for the dragon at times, other then that I had no issue.

Also by since I mentioned DLC earlier, since the game sold loads and broke the record for best launch game, etc etc yaddi yaddi yadda, still think it would be neat if they would make some sort of thank you content wither it's a outfit, or a weapon or something...I'm pretty sure some other games did that right?...well free content in general.

But ya, I should try to complete this game to the max before I worry about that, 40.52% done the game, all shrines beaten, 222 seeds found, the compendium finished, right now I just wanna defeat all the Hinox's and Talus's then do other things.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Maxz

Did the update fix the Mob-lag issue? It happened so infrequently to me beforehand that I've yet to consciously notice it not happening.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

SKTTR

Finished the Hinox and Talon quests and got the achievement medals.

Maxed out all armor except for the Hylia armor set, just missing a couple of Lynel Hearts. I used the Lynel items on the Berserker armor first and have a complete 4-star set now. With Attack+ bonus this one helps a lot in any battle. The Hylia armor set is quite redundant isn't it? Anyway, I'll max that one as well just like the rest.

Also have 350 Korok seeds now, and maxed the weapon and bow backpack, the bow backpack still has room for one item.. (I guess it's for the light arrows). Only shields left to go.

Still looking for other end game quests / minigames that have exlusive armor, rare materials, and "important" items.

Once I'm done farming Lynels, I'll go back to the horse shooting range and try that. I hear you'll get something if you hit 20 balloons within the time limit.

In Hateno is a deer hunting minigame. Hunt 20 deers within a time limit, also costs 20 rupees per game. Is the reward worth it? I skipped that because I felt like wasting arrows. What about the golf, bowling, and snowboarding minigames? I beat them but I'm not sure if I should have gotten better scores, it seems the rewards are shields or rupees only.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Maxz

@SKTTR Golf's max reward is a Silver Rupee, sadly. Bowling's is Gold, which means if you get the hang of it, you can pull in rupees like crazy. If you've got a spare slot though, you'll get a Blizzard Rod. Surfing is just some pretty unremarkable shields (I think it maxes out at Knight's), and I think a rupee of some sort (not gold) if you don't have any free spaces. So unfortunately, mainly just rupees and stuff. Not much in the case of gold, considering how hard getting a 3 actually is. But an awful lot for bowling, seeing as the turns are quick and it's easily replicable.

I've just pulled over the 441 seed mark, so I've finally maxed out my inventory slots. I've actually had a really nice time just pottering around looking for seeds without any greater purpose. There's realistically nothing more I can get for them now (I'm not going for 900, no way), but I still like collecting them. They're basically a test of how well I've studied the landscape.

Anyway, that's quite a big milestone in my mind. I think I'm at 61.5%, which hardly feels overwhelming, but it'll have to do. I'm sure I'll keep popping into Hyrule for seeds, just because I enjoy collecting them.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Haru17

75% of the 'completion percentage' is just Korok seeds, so you've almost definitely seen all of the worthwhile content above 50%. Unless of course you've skipped the dungeons or something odd like that.

Nicolai

In addition to the "anything odd" conversation, I just remembered when I found a seam near the Horse God fountain. I remembered this because I just found another one in the Hebra mountain range: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9CD7cCUIAA86sF.jpg

@Maxz Moblag is definitely still a thing. I even get it sometimes with bokoblins.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

erv

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I saw a wolf fall to it's death. It wasn't glitchy, but I was surprised that it seemed to have survival instincts programmed in, resisting it's fate.

He tried to grip that sheer cliffside to the very end...

It really is amazing how much of these ind of things they built in. I've been chilling with a lizalfos using lizalfos mask recently and when his buddy caught fire he questioned my presence in the circle

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 72% is Koroks. 0.8% per seed.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FGPackers

Wow another fantastic morning 105 hours, did the Yiga Base and the boss fight was really fun! After that i did the Divine Beast and it was awesome! Approach, dungeon itself and boss fight! I really liked it all! I also got the Dark Link set from Kilton. Next i'll do a tracked Shrine in Gerudo Desert, the huge skeleton photo and the Thunder Helm side quest. After that it will be Central Hyrule time before finishing secondary stuff and the game itself

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

StuTwo

@shani - You should absolutely finish Wind Waker - it's a fantastic game .

I know that some people like the simple "no shades of grey" hero and villain and it does have advantages. Personally though I don't find it satisfying as a story trope. I like my villains to have an agenda other than just being a pure force of evil. It might be an agenda I disagree with (they're supposed to be villains after all!) but I think they need a clear objective.

At the very least their followers need to be able to justify why they're following a malevolent force of evil. Like the Yiga Clan - why would they want the return of Gannon? What are their members getting out of it? We meet reformed Yiga Clan members so they are human, not just evil spirits. That doesn't NEED to be explained but the narrative of the game would be improved dramatically if it could be. And to explain that you need Gannon to be working towards something.

In the Wind Waker (and it's not the best example across all media) Gannon spares the life of Link multiple times. He captures blond haired girls from around the ocean because he wants to find Zelda so he can restore Hyrule but the girls he captures don't seem to come to any harm. Basically he's not all about causing hurt and pain for the sake of it - he has an objective. In some ways it's a more relatable objective than the King of Red Dragons.

The Minish cap and Majora's Mask both had villains with a sympathetic back story and agenda too and I loved both of those games too.

So I guess we'll just have to just agree to disagree.

@TNGYM - I don't think I've seen anyone call back to you but that's a great post about the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic game design. I think one of the reasons why people have responded so much to BoTW is that your adventure is your adventure. It's what you make of it and the game facilitates that.

Edited on by StuTwo

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Haru17

@BLP_Software Ahm, actually time is a construct so percentage points are relative.

Anyway, about Ganondorf in the past games, he was always a straight villain. The Wind Waker just gave him some extra character development in the last hour — during and after he was straight up creepin'. Zant was really imposing and mysterious in Twilight Princess, with Ganondorf providing a charismatic stage presence. All of these are capital E Evil villains, they just 1, have dialogue, and 2, have histories.

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 Well actually, as I put on this thick rimmed pair of glasses and get an inhaler the total time hunting for Korok seeds after doing everything else such as quests, all shrines and the main game, is significantly less. Over half the seeds have been found in around 10-20 hours yet the main game and shrines and quests took 125 so snorts its more like Koroks far less than even 40% of the game.

It's weird to think about though, that something that equals so much takes so little time.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic