Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,121 to 12,140 of 15,210

JohnBlackstar

Stats:
40 hours
40 Shrines
100 Korok
0 Dungeons

I feel like I'm moving really slow, but I guess 1 shrine per hour is good. Trying not to use guides and refraining from fast travel unless I really need it (so I don't get killed like when weapons/arrows are running low or something like that)

JohnBlackstar

FGPackers

@NaviAndMii 95+ hrs
104 Shrines
333 Korok Seeds
3 Divine Beasts

Actually i started Gerudo Desert today, so i need to do everything there, i only managed to reach the tower to reveal the map

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

OorWullie

@JohnBlackstar That's good going I'd say,especially compared to me.I only have 8 more shrines and 4 more Korok seeds than you but I have done 2 Divine Beasts.Difference is it's took me around 180 hours.I play with Pro mode and don't use fast travel either.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

rallydefault

I'm sure we've covered this before, but who is actually gonna go for all the Korok seeds?

I got all of the shrines yesterday. I have all the memories. I have just a few side quests to wrap up. But I honestly can't decide if I want to put in the incredible amount of time it'll take to get all of those dang seeds.

rallydefault

Nin10dad

At least 150 hours
93 shrines
96 Korok seeds
4 Divine Beasts
All memories
Ganon spanked!

Love that I still want to play this game. Still discover new stuff everytime i play.
Just discovered the Hebra leviathan! Bravo Nintendo, bravo!

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Maxz

@rallydefault I'm trying to max out my inventory spaces, but I can't help but feel going for all 900 is a fool's errand. I don't want to turn the game into a chore, and if I end up getting the DLC, it'd be nice if there were still a few seeds scattered around to keep the landscape interesting and relevant. Otherwise I'd know there was nowhere else worth exploring other than wherever the DLC brings, all because I'd strip-mined Hyrule's secrets for the sake of a piece of excrement.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Maxz
Yea. I caved in and read about the reward you get, and though it seems...cute... I don't know if it's worth that much of my life lol

rallydefault

Maxz

@rallydefault There's a certain amount of 'endgame' content that you can forgive yourself for reading up on, and I think the 900 Korok seeds definitely count as 'endgame'. Possibly the endgame to end all endgames.

I like feeling I've thoroughly 'completed' things - especially games I'm really fond of - but I don't believe that the development team put 900 seeds in the game because they actually wanted the player to find all 900. I think they put them in so as to guarantee that the player would have something to discover wherever they go, not so they would be forced to go everywhere. If anything, methodically scouring every inch of the map actually goes against the free roaming spirit that the game built to instil. There's no real sense of flow or rhythm of adventure when you're forcing yourself to obsessively check every last spot in case you've missed something.

At their best, the Korok puzzles carry a small thrill and sense of accomplishment - either for spotting them, solving them, or both. I think turning them into an obligation would kill that entirely. Aiming to max out your inventory slots seems like a sensible midground for collectathon fans who aren't actually insane.

Unless you really need that 100% number in the corner of your Sheikah Slate, some stones may go unturned.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Undead_terror

I got a spare meme weapon and took it to the test "Sword" from the 8 bit Link amiibo I can say that it's the amiibo weapon and if not the worse, then one of the worse swords in the game, at least I'm rockin a outfit close to the CDI outfit at the moment.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

FGPackers

Well this morning was quite good: started doing Gerudo Desert and i started from the mountains where the Tower is, and i finished at the maze. I got finally the Barbarian Chest and upgraded all set to 3 stars. Wow this set is really powerful, it's a shame i completed it this late. But now i will use it a lot. Also did the electric Shrine near the stable, it was fun. If i remember right i'm at 106. Now i have to go to Gerudo Town, in the meanwhile i have to do the first side quests here. By the way i reached also something like 340 Korok Seeds

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

SKTTR

I beat Ganon yesterday, but couldn't keep the Bow of Light or the "Defeat Ganon" quest solved. So, make sure to save before entering the room with Ganon.
However, my file got a star.

And I got two aftergame special items already. One I was spoiled, and one I knew was opening up in the end sometime.

The one for getting/buying all photographs in Hateno institute, I knew about. I know he would get new pictures for the Hyrule Compendium sometime, because he told me. And after beating Ganon you can buy all the missing pictures (mostly bosses and special weapons), and receive the special item.
The other one I got for beating the 4 Giant Molodoras in the desert and showing the results to the Monster merchant Kilton.
There's at least two more special items you can get from him, but they are real work.

Are there more new things opening up with a starred file other than in these two situations?

Got lucky with my amiibos as well.
Got the Wind Robe from the Smash Toon Link amiibo and now have a full Wind Waker armor set on 4 stars.
Right after that I got the Shadow Trousers from Smash Link amiibo, and now have the second piece of the Shadow set It was a lucky day. I think The Shadow Armor will be the last exclusive thing I can get from my amiibos. Oh no, then I'm gonna need more amiibos (I heard there is a Fierce Deity Set!!!) and that DLC. I'm kinda addicted to get all armor sets 100% complete. ^^ I wish there was a way to customize their order. (Would be nice for materials too.)

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

NaviAndMii

Yeah, I'm an ultra-slow paced player! ..I love just kicking back and breathing in all of the wild!

Just a glance at other players' stats shows that we are all playing the game in different ways It's so great that it accommodates almost any style of play - from slow-paced explorers to speed-runners and everything in between!

..it's also great how much the game respects your intelligence - there are rules, patterns, laws of physics etc. - they give you the tools and freedom with which to work, but leave you to figure out how best to use them for yourself...this is what I think makes the game so special! It was so rewarding when I found somewhere just by studying a photograph and using the maps' topography to zero in on the location - or when you start to notice a pattern in the environment and think to yourself 'oh, I'll try this' and it just...works!

My girlfriend plays in a different way - her main aim is usually to find a few new creatures to photograph for her Compendium....I have a friend who is playing as a vegan! Anything is possible!

It's an absolute masterpiece!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Eric258

@DarthNocturnal I think a mode like that would be cool at first, but get tiring really quickly. Especially with how large the world. If nintendo are able to implicate it well, it could be a very fun time, but I'm kinda doubtful. Who knows, maybe that hard mode will be survival based. Also, I would die without shines as fast travel points! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

MasterWario

Does anyone know how to befriend a dog and/or what they give you? I fed one a steak, but they just get happy and follow you around the stable.

I guess I can grab my stats next time I go play, but I still have about 70 shrines completed (I think I overestimated last time, ha ha). I can't believe how many I still have left. I also can't believe there seems to be nothing around Death Caldera...Death Mountain is, like basically, a wasteland. Of course I'd rather not know how many shrines are on death mountain, just maybe if there's an actual shrine...or anything around Death Caldara?

@DarthNocturnal I'd be down for some of that. Especially the fire thing. I really like the idea of campfires in this game, however the only thing they're good for atm is changing time and stopping rain. Yeah, technically night is more dangerous, but that's mostly because of stal enemies, and they lose their heads after just a few hits. It also feels cheap to stuff a million foods down in a pause menu, even if that's the only way I can beat a silver Lynel.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Eric258

@MasterWario I'm pretty sure you need to give at least 4-5 pieces of meat.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

meleebrawler

@DarthNocturnal You hardly walk two steps without stumbling upon something edible in this game. Hunger, if anything would just add tedium at worst, or do nothing at all past the beginning. The only real inventory limitation I'd impose would be on meals (you'd have to consider what buffs you'll need at the moment instead of hoarding them), maybe also making the hearty/enduring ingredients much rarer and more expensive. Same deal with the "fire to save" mechanic, there's no shortage of trees to cut for wood and flint is common too (except in the plateau... whoops), so the most it would do is just add an arbitrary extra step to saving, except when rain decides to make it unable for you to do so (ironic, considering you complained about such a thing in a different segment of the game...).

The best way to increase difficulty, besides stronger enemies, would likely be increased punishment for dying, losing some to all your stuff like in Dark Souls and/or not setting you back to an earlier save, but rather certain "points" you register to respawn from.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

TuVictus

I wouldn't be a fan of making the game even more like a survival simulator, but I can't deny it would certainly make the game itself harder.

TuVictus

KirbyTheVampire

I don't like full on survival games that much anymore. They can be fun if you have a group of friends, but mostly they just get grindy and boring, at least for me. I'd like to see Nintendo's take on the genre, though. Survival games have left a bad taste in my mouth mainly because most survival games are complete cancer, never leave Early Access, and are made by developers no one's ever heard of, so seeing a company like Nintendo make a game in the genre would be interesting.

KirbyTheVampire

-Juice-

The whole point of a survival mode would be that it, like any "hard mode", would be completely optional. The whole point of a hard mode is to be unforgiving towards the player after all, and a survival mode is infinitely better than being a moron and just making enemies more spongey.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

OorWullie

I never seem to be able mount any wild animals other than horses.I've tried to mount stags,doe,boars and more recently those slow moving hairy things with the horns in the snowy region,I forget the name of the area.Does it give you a prompt to push A to mount them when you're close enough?I've yet to see one.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic