Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,541 to 10,560 of 15,201

Octane

@Tsurii If a Moblin is out of weapons, he can use a Bokoblin as a weapon, that surprised me lol.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane SAY WHAT NOW? I need to test that.

@Tsurii Thanks for the heads up. ...Now which box is he in...I have three amiibo boxes (don't judge me).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

@Ryu_Niiyama I stunned him and took his weapon; He grabbed a Bokoblin and flung it towards me. He missed though!

Octane

Monkey_Balls

@Octane Are you sure you want me to mention it? As I say, it can potentially ruin the game (it has done for me, although I try not to use it). I'm reluctant to provide hints... it's a certain technique, and once you know it you wish you didn't as it makes the game a lot easier. Surprisingly it's not that difficult to discover it but it's definitely a glitch.

@Ryu_Niiyama I haven't found a fishing pole yet. I'll be disappointed if there is no fishing in this game (not even a mini-game? Nintendo, why?).

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Ralizah

@Monkey_Balls I noticed the game displaying a prompt above the drones when I was on a tower above one of them. Probably just means you can jump on them, though. I don't think BotW has Horizon: Zero Dawn-esque robot reprogramming antics.

BTW, unless you're talking about an ancient arrow to the eye, then I have no idea what this quicker method of killing Guardians is. Care to enlighten me?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NEStalgia

@Tsurii 20 Hearts? And my poor link has 4..... Might be time to open up that Amiibo after all....

Cool trick about the shield! I've been trying desperately to raid monster camps to find arrows, but instead I just end up needing to cook to heal and still never find many arrows (in the beginning I found them all the time, now, rarely ever), so I might have to go out to get shot at a few times and see if it works!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama LOL I was going to say about the classified reports yesterday.

So far no fishing rod. Can't say we don't get one, but you do know you can shoot fish with an arrow, right? They float to the top and you can collect them...that's probably the "fishing" in this game.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia @Monkey_Balls Thanks y'all, I'll keep bomb fishing then. I've spent an ABSURD amount of time just floating down the river on a raft and collecting treasure chests anyway.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Eel

I did the Zora portion of the game yesterday. I kind of played almost nonstop all day...

Anyway, the Water Ganon guy was a bit of a pain if only because I'm as nimble as a potato when it comes to combat. But he was ultimately rather easy.

Mipha's sub-plot was sweet, if a little short, I enjoyed it.

And her brother is adorable in a hammy way.

As usual I loved being in the Zora's Domain, and the Zora kids are adorable. In the traditional way.

I'm currently in the Gerudo Fortress. Outside. Because they still don't let men in.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Monkey_Balls

@Ralizah That's interesting about the drones; I'll have to experiment with them. Regarding the Guardians, use your shield attack to bat their lasers back at them. The timing can be difficult though. Certain shields do more damage.

Monkey_Balls

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama I hadn't thought of bomb fishing. Now I need to try that <eg>. It took me long enough to figure out bomb mining was a thing! I haven't been able to get any rafts to move. I assume I need one of the leaves to generate wind, and I hate cutting the trees down so I never have one

NEStalgia

Eel

I would recommend leaving bomb mining as a last resource.

You don't want those precious gems to go flying off the face of the mountain

Bloop.

Octane

@Monkey_Balls Ruin the game, as in spoil the game or actually break the game?

@Ryu_Niiyama No fishing in this game unfortunately. I've been to most places where you'd expect to get a fishing rod, but I didn't find any.

@Meowpheel The Zora part is my favourite part so far.

Octane

Nicolai

My one lasting complaint with this game is the climbing. I had this concern back when it was shown off in the trailer, and I feel the nightmare has come true. Now that I have two full wheels of stamina, a climbing tunic, Revali's Gale, and all of the stamina shrooms I could ever want, I feel like I can climb over literally anything. And that means that if there is pass I need to get through full of monsters, 9 times out of 10 I can avoid it. The climbing is cool and all, but I can't help wonder what the game would be like without it.

It doesn't ruin everything, of course. Certain areas of the game have actual borders, and occasionally a place does a pretty good job of placing something desirable in the center and completely surrounding it, with no nearby high points (though Revali's Gale is always an easy work-around for this). And a guardian spots you, there's no climbing over that problem; you better face it, hide, or be lucky enough to have a horse and a nearby forest. But I can't tell you how many times I felt like I simply cheated my way through something just by climbing or flying in from a nearby mountain. Even if you don't have fancy upgrades, the game let's you have as many stamina shrooms as your inventory meal slots can hold (and at that point, you can just cook a lot of them at once for a big meal that only takes up one spot). I'm sure you can even climb down the Great Plateau before the glider if you want.

Maybe it's possible to do a no climbing run in the future? At the very least, I want to do a run where I ban all stamina recoveries and upgrades.

tl;dr climbing is OP.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

-Green-

@Monkey_Balls Are you talking about the climbing exploit?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

Talking about climbing and ore, after I was done with the Zora part, I wanted to check something on the other side of Mt Lanayru, so I took a shortcut.

And by shortcut I mean I climbed all the way from the base to the top to jump down from there.

At the top I saw lots of huge purple crystals. I thought I had hit the ore jackpot.

But nah! It was just a mountain sized dragon sleeping.

I took my time to admire the place and then promptly jumped down as far away as I could.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Monkey_Balls

@Octane It depends... spoil the game? For me, yes. Break the game? Hm, potentially (as in you can do stuff you usually shouldn't be able to do until much later). In fact, @Nicolai has just posted something very apt. Good timing! I'm sure you can work out what I'm referring to now.

@-Green- Yes.

Edited on by Monkey_Balls

Monkey_Balls

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Oh the Mark of Naga is on my list. I swear ever since I'd decided that my eye can function as a cheap non permanent tattoo... I've been browsing for ideas. Plus the reactions are funny. Nothing like talking to someone and watching the hamster wheels spin as they try to figure out what is "off" about me. And then watch them either stare openly or try to not do so in an obvious fashion.

See...Now I want to reinstall oblivion. Skyrim is gorgeous (with mods of course) but it feels less lived in than oblivion did to me. After Zelda...so I guess in three months?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Octane

@Meowpheel I think that was one of the first things I did in the game, I conquered the huge purple crystals, before I arrived in Zora land even.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Meowpheel I suppose I could have lost some gems, but generally I climb down and grab the ones that go down Better than avoiding all mining until that rare occasion I find a hammer somewhere!

Only problem is I refuse to sell my precious gems. I'm convinced I'll need them all later!

@Nicolai Apparently it's not always raining in YOUR Hyrule! I spend more time sliding down rock faces than going up

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic