Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.0

Posts 261 to 280 of 320

NintendoByNature

The shrines were just little appetizers for me. Never really the full course a traditional dungeon is. The Devine beasts were cool and all but they needed more puzzles and items and I wouldve been happy

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Spanjard

Eh, traditional dungeons we’re becoming stale so I was glad they changed it up a bit. I don’t want any returning. Something new and better is what I expect and I think they’ll deliver.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy I wouldn't say Hyrule Castle is a ''dungeon''.

It's nearly a dungeon. Stick some puzzles in there and maybe gate-off some of the higher areas to be unlocked slowly, and it'd pretty much count.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Therad

I think the beasts were fine, but a bit samey. They should have differentiate them a bit more, they all had the moving mechanic.

But don't forget botw had some more organic dungeonesque areas as well. Those were fun.

Therad

Morpheel

I don’t see any negative to adding interesting locations that enhance the lore and wonder of the land.

Dungeons are just that.

The Lomei mazes were ten times more interesting to me than any random shrine as repetitive as they were. Just because they we’re so weird.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

Therad wrote:

...But don't forget botw had some more organic dungeonesque areas as well. Those were fun.

I'd prefer more of those, rather than yet another trap-filled maze separated from the rest of the game world that I have to slog through if I want to progress. Those were elements that I only ever tolerated in the Zelda franchise.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

I feel it would make sense for there to be a compromise between how the Divine Beasts worked and traditional Zelda dungeons. The Divine Beasts were actually really cool for what they were, but they were too similar to each other, and didn't make up for how large the game was compared to previous Zeldas. I feel like there's also a compromise between old Zelda giving you key items that make sense for the temple specifically, and BOTW giving you all the best stuff as random items from enemies or during the tutorial shrines.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

iKhan

@kkslider5552000
I don't think that was the main issue with BOTW's dungeons. I think they could do well to just apply the central concept of the divine beasts as non-linear dungeons that require creative spacial and physics based thinking to more traditionally themed structures. Like imagine if in Jabu Jabu's belly you controlled how much water Jabu Jabu swallowed, which expanded or contracted he dungeon.

But if you are right, I think a good compromise is found in Twilight Princess's Dominion Rod. The Rod is completely useless in combat outside of the temple, and had to be shoehorned into the overworld to have any meaningful use. But in the dungeon, it was absolutely brilliant. So why not offer the player temporary, dungeon-only items.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions

CanisWolfred

@iKhan That's an excellent Idea, actually. Considering much of BOTW had items and weapons you got from the overworld, it'd fit right in, assuming that reuse that system for this new one.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Morpheel

Maybe they could give you area-specific apps for the sheikah slate.

You know, like the map functions in divine beasts, but not limited to moving parts of the dungeon itself.

"Your sheikah slate received the 'statue mover' module. It only works in designated areas."

That way they can design new challenges around new abilities, without filling your slate menu with otherwise useless functions.

Or something like that.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

How many people care that the shrines/dungeons have the same visual style throughout BotW?

I heard a lot of people complaining about that, but I can't think of anything I care less about.
Some dungeons in previous games did have awesome settings and atmosphere, but I feel like BotW had enough of that out in the world anyway, so I was completely fine with dungeons being just copy and pasted.

darkfenrir

I dig how they have the same blue light aesthetic. The puzzle is different enough for me anyway. (Especially like the shrine where you have to solve the overworld's puzzle)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Dezzy

I feel like a simple and repeated visual style makes it easier to assess the puzzle as well. You know which parts are interactive or not.

DenDen

A ballance between old dungeons and the new ones whould be amazing, the idea of temple only items sounds Nice to me as well.

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Octane

Spanjard wrote:

Eh, traditional dungeons we’re becoming stale so I was glad they changed it up a bit. I don’t want any returning. Something new and better is what I expect and I think they’ll deliver.

You can hardly call it ''stale'' when the last good Zelda with proper dungeons came out 13 years ago

Octane

PikPi

Dezzy wrote:

How many people care that the shrines/dungeons have the same visual style throughout BotW?

I heard a lot of people complaining about that, but I can't think of anything I care less about.
Some dungeons in previous games did have awesome settings and atmosphere, but I feel like BotW had enough of that out in the world anyway, so I was completely fine with dungeons being just copy and pasted.

Of all my issues, the aesthetic of the dungeons isn't exactly a high one, but that doesn't mean I still didn't find it pretty lazy in terms of design. Would much prefer themed puzzles, or at least a different color pallette for all the neon lol

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Spanjard

Octane wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

You can hardly call it ''stale'' when the last good Zelda with proper dungeons came out 13 years ago

Nostalgia is a beautiful thing

I also didn’t mind the aesthetic of the dungeons/shrines. It creates a nice contrast between nature and technology and it just feels good to step out and see the beautiful world again. But I’m sure pretty much everyone will be satisfied with the aesthetics in the next release now that they have more time.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

SamusLv7

As DenDen previously said, I think that a balance between theme dungeons and divine beast/shrines is the best option so that we can have more variety.

Now playing:
Zelda BotW (DLC), Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Yooka-Laylee, Bravely Second.

NorseGamerTommy

Breath of the Wild just felt like an open world game with a Zelda skin. There was a lack of a good story, soundtrack, dungeons, cool unbreakable items, like the hookshot etc.

However, this new game might fix some of my issues. The game is darker for once, which is nice, it seems to have a focus on lore and story and maybe I'll be lucky and get some THEMED dungeons. It was so boring that the shrines all shared the same theme, and the beasts were mediocre at best.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5693-2145-0811
YouTube Channel | Twitter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic