Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.0

Posts 241 to 260 of 320

Dezzy

@Octane

Not bad, although off by 100metres or so. And is that before or after the castle's started raising?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Before I think. You'd have to compare it to the trailer, but it gives a bit of perspective of how big the area is on the map.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah I just looked.
I think my theory is screwed. Once the castle raises upwards in the new trailer, it does look noticeably higher than it was in the original game. Which suggests sequel rather than prequel. Darn!

Octane

@Dezzy I think it is likely that some kind of event changes the entire map, at least in certain areas. Maybe it'll open up underground dungeons or something like that.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah probably something like that. They'll need a new version of shrines anyway.

I really wanted to see the old version of hyrule castle and castle town though.
Oh well, maybe it'll be far enough in the future that they've rebuilt castle town....

DenDen

What are you guys hoping for?
I really hope the weapon breaking mechanics comes back makes the game so much more fun.
Dont need the 900 seeds back though 😂😂.
Also of its going to be as hughe or even bigger then the last one please fill the overmap more sometimes it whas so darn empty

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Octane

@Dezzy And I highly doubt they're going to do the ''120 shrines'' again. They need to set it apart from BOTW in some way.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Well I hope they do. The shrines were my favourite part of the game.

I hope they shamelessly come up with a lazy justification for why it's exactly like the shrines, but for some different story reason.

I think the open world would be really quite bad without the shrines.

@DenDen

I pretty much just want another version of BotW (with minor changes to make it feel new enough) but with a lot more story.

I want it to be the most story-heavy game in the series. If BotW was 10% story, and Skyward Sword is like 30% story, I want this game to be 40% story. Yes I've just made up a random metric for how story heavy something is.

Edited on by Dezzy

PikPi

They're gonna have to make the open world way more substantial to explore if they're gonna use it again. No more random enemy camps with nothing but a fragile weapon as a reward. I guess shrines would make a come back since they're easy (and kinda lazy) ways to just plop puzzles down in any part of the environment. Otherwise they'd need to redesign the world to have way more and varied natural puzzles embedded into it, and I just don't see that happening, sadly

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Octane

@Dezzy I remember Aonuma talking about being able to tackle dungeons from multiple sides. Maybe they're doing 12-15 large underground dungeons, but each with multiple entrances above ground. That way you can still stumble upon an entrance to the underground, but without having all the separate shrines.

Maybe they could make it so that you need to find other entrances in order to advance in the dungeons. So you go underground, do what you can until you hit a wall, find another entrance and solve the rest of the puzzle from the other side, so it opens up a path or whatever.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

But then once you've done a dungeon, all of the other entrances are effectively pointless.

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, but they could make it so that you need to enter at least 8 out of 10 entrances to complete the whole dungeon. So each portion will have its own "shrine-like" puzzle section, but they all connect to a larger dungeon with a proper boss at the end. And they could be themed as well.

Octane

DarthNocturnal

I hope breakable weapons get removed. I disliked how everything felt “disposable“. I'd settle for dulling if they needed a reason to switch weapons around.

Maybe a weapon customization feature, using how cooking works as a base (mix ores and gems together to get weapons of different elements, for example).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Morpheel

Well, the overabundance of invasive weaponry is a real problem Hyrule has.

Link is doing Hyrule a service by keeping it under control.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Morpheel wrote:

Well, the overabundance of invasive weaponry is a real problem Hyrule has.

Link is doing Hyrule a service by keeping it under control.

Lol this reminds me of the London police who posted they were removing dangerous weapons from the public, and the picture genuinely contained a spoon (and the knives are mostly regular kitchen knives you can buy in any shop.

Yes, this is genuinely real. The UK is a clown country.

Morpheel

Good thing that knife sharpener will never hurt anyone again

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy Yeah, but they could make it so that you need to enter at least 8 out of 10 entrances to complete the whole dungeon. So each portion will have its own "shrine-like" puzzle section, but they all connect to a larger dungeon with a proper boss at the end. And they could be themed as well.

They could also accomplish something like that without them needing to be physically connected. You could just have shrines that are grouped based on their design or colour or something. Then if you finish all of the shrines in a group, it unlocks a final boss arena.

I enjoy when they include kind of orienteering tasks in the larger world. One idea that would be cool is if the shrines are in these groups, each shrine in the group is facing in the direction of the next one. So you'd have to draw a line on your map, and keep following it until you find the next shrine in that group.
That's the sort of thing I love in Zelda.

They did stuff like that occasionally in BotW. There were the 2 shrines at the top of the twin peaks which were sibling shrines. There was also the shrine that you had to find by drawing a line between trees on the mountain (although some people probably just stumbled on it randomly anyway)

The other thing they should do is have a few more dungeons like Hyrule castle. Open and multifaceted, that you can complete in your own time throughout the game.

Edited on by Dezzy

iKhan

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I hope breakable weapons get removed. I disliked how everything felt “disposable“. I'd settle for dulling if they needed a reason to switch weapons around.

Maybe a weapon customization feature, using how cooking works as a base (mix ores and gems together to get weapons of different elements, for example).

@DarthNocturnal
I think BOTW would be completely non-functional without weapon durability. They game needs to drive you to pursue exploration and challenge enemies, and they can't do that if you just get a really good weapon you love and use it for the rest of the game.

I think they only way a customization feature could really work to replacement would be if they created a whole new class of collectibles, and customizations were merely upgrades that expired after a certain amount of use.

Many other 3D Zelda games really struggle with the "useless collectible/ money" problem, wherein by the time you are halfway through the game, nothing has any value anymore. BOTW overcomes this by culling rewards over time.

PikPi wrote:

I guess shrines would make a come back since they're easy (and kinda lazy) ways to just plop puzzles down in any part of the environment. Otherwise they'd need to redesign the world to have way more and varied natural puzzles embedded into it, and I just don't see that happening, sadly

@PikPi
This sounds absolutely amazing. I really disliked how BOTW had this amazing sense of atmosphere that quickly got stale for the shrines and dungeons, which have traditionally been where atmosphere is at its max.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions

Octane

@Dezzy I wouldn't say Hyrule Castle is a ''dungeon''. I just like to see the return of more traditional dungeons. Shrines were neat, but they couldn't iterate on a similar puzzle concept, because you could do them in any order. By having a more structured, and interconnected dungeon design, they could follow up puzzles with more complex ones, and/or introduce new rules.

Octane

DenDen

iKhan wrote:

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@DarthNocturnal
I think BOTW would be completely non-functional without weapon durability. They game needs to drive you to pursue exploration and challenge enemies, and they can't do that if you just get a really good weapon you love and use it for the rest of the game.

I think they only way a customization feature could really work to replacement would be if they created a whole new class of collectibles, and customizations were merely upgrades that expired after a certain amount of use.

Many other 3D Zelda games really struggle with the "useless collectible/ money" problem, wherein by the time you are halfway through the game, nothing has any value anymore. BOTW overcomes this by culling rewards over time.

PikPi wrote:

I guess shrines would make a come back since they're easy (and kinda lazy) ways to just plop puzzles down in any part of the environment. Otherwise they'd need to redesign the world to have way more and varied natural puzzles embedded into it, and I just don't see that happening, sadly

@PikPi
This sounds absolutely amazing. I really disliked how BOTW had this amazing sense of atmosphere that quickly got stale for the shrines and dungeons, which have traditionally been where atmosphere is at its max.

Im up for this!

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing