Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.0

Posts 221 to 240 of 320

Morpheel

I believe the overall context of the previous game was part of the wild in the title, you’re a single person against this ruined place, mostly overtaken by nature and malice, most of it is new to you and it’s up to you to survive It. There’s no set roads, and you, the player, mostly have complete choice of what to do and when.

Depending on the context of the sequel, the “wild” could take the backseat.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spanjard

Dezzy wrote:

Dogorilla wrote:

My guess is it will be called '[something else] of the Wild'.

That's what I'm expecting. It's the best way to make it clear it's a sequel without just calling it Breath of the Wild 2, which they might do, but isn't a naming convention they've ever used in the series before. Or at least not since Zelda->Zelda 2 with the first 2 games.

Well, BOTW is more or less based on the original Zelda so it would make sense.

@Morpheel Breath Of The Earth. Or... Breathe! Ganon...Breathe! Or even better: Breath of the OMG Ganondorf has the high ground!

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

kkslider5552000

I hope the English voice actors are actually good this time.

And by that I mean, if Nintendo isn't gonna put their best foot forward for putting the best voice actors who are given the best direction for the best story they can put in the game, they should not bother just because some people on the internet are butthurt that they'll have to read.

Literally the only thing I'm cynical about towards this game tbh.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dezzy

Yeah I think the voice acting was largely pointless in BotW. There was so little of it, that it didn't really add much.
Voice acting only really adds to some types of game. Something like the God of War would be terrible without voice acting. But Zelda not so much.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Arbor

i hate to be obvious/that person, but in terms of names... death of the wild?? rhymes, and seems fitting with the creepy vibe from the trailer and the producer saying it is a darker game.

Arbor

Morpheel

I don't think Nintendo would ever use the word death in the title of a Zelda game.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

So here's my theory: This is a prequel set 100 years before BotW. I think it makes sense story-wise and gameplay-wise.

Story wise, we're told in the original game that Ganondorf was born a normal man in Hyrule but over time assumed the evil form we see in the game. We're also told he was sealed away long ago by the spiritual ancestors of Link and Zelda, and that there are signs he was about to return at that point 100 years ago.
I think that's what we're seeing in this new trailer. His original human body that was sealed away by the magic of the former princess, which is that magic light-hand that's attached to his chest and then the evil smoke slowly escaping from the body (note that it's going away from the body, not towards it, which makes no sense for a sequel, because we never saw him inhabiting this body).
So this is Link and Zelda 100 years before BotW, investigating his tomb just as he's about to be reborn. BotW does say that he appeared from below Hyrule castle, which looks like what's happening at the end of this trailer.
This makes a lot more sense than it being a sequel. If it were a sequel, why would Ganon be reborn within the lifetimes of Link and Zelda, if he'd previously been sealed away for centuries? And why would he be reborn from his human corpse when he never inhabited that body in the original? And who sealed that body away with that light-hand, as we never saw Link and Zelda do it?

Gameplay-wise it makes sense because it's an obvious way they could reuse the world but still change a lot to make it new. 100 years ago, there's a whole range of towns and settlements that were still in use. Including hyrule castle and castle town. Those would be big enough changes such that it would feel like a new game, even if the larger world is mostly the same.

Also, they said this came from the fact that they had too many ideas when trying to think of DLC for BotW. A 100 year flashback would make perfect sense for something they were considering for DLC.

@Arbor

I literally just said that on the previous page!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

SamusLv7

Dezzy wrote:

So this is Link and Zelda 100 years before BotW, investigating his tomb just as he's about to be reborn. BotW does say that he appeared from below Hyrule castle, which looks like what's happening at the end of this trailer.
This makes a lot more sense than it being a sequel. If it were a sequel, why would Ganon be reborn within the lifetimes of Link and Zelda, if he'd previously been sealed away for centuries? And why would he be reborn from his human corpse when he never inhabited that body in the original?

Nice theory, but there’s one problem which may make it unlikely. Link, Zelda and the champions were near Mount Lanayru when Ganon was returning from below Hyrule Castle. Also, Hyrule Castle didn't raise up when Ganon returned. That being said, I am not against a BotW prequel. Of course, there are other ways they could be in the past, like using time travel with a special item or sheikah artifact.

Now playing:
Zelda BotW (DLC), Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Yooka-Laylee, Bravely Second.

Snaplocket

@Dezzy I really liked the voice acting and would be massively dissapointed if it was removed. Especially since Link's Awakening doesn't have it.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Dezzy

SamusLv7 wrote:

Nice theory, but there’s one problem which may make it unlikely. Link, Zelda and the champions were near Mount Lanayru when Ganon was returning from below Hyrule Castle. Also, Hyrule Castle didn't raise up when Ganon returned. That being said, I am not against a BotW prequel. Of course, there are other ways they could be in the past, like using time travel with a special item or sheikah artifact.

Ah but those 2 things aren't necessarily at the same time. In my theory, they discover the body of Ganon close to the beginning of the game (it might the first dungeon), and realize he's about to return because the seal breaks and the malice is escaping his body.
The point where he actually appears in his Calamity form, will then be at the end of the game. It will take time for him to take that new form, which is the time where you'll be going on those various missions to try and prepare for him, including those scenes where Zelda goes to the various goddess statues to try and awaken her power.
I think that fits with the story as we know it. Because they did know he was about to return before he appeared in the BotW flashbacks. So this would be the reason why, because they'd seen the seal on his human body break.

Also, we don't actually see whether Hyrule Castle raises or not. We're only see very selective scenes of it. It could've easily happened just before his Calamity form appeared.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Therad

Follow The Hair. Zelda has short hair in botw 2, seems extremely unlikely it is a prequel. Unless they are traveling through time.

Therad

DenDen

I think the name will be something else also I got the feeling this zelda is going to be more streamlined with previous zelda games.
As seen in the trailer Link already has his master sword

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Tsurii

@Dezzy we actually do see the castle rise up. The question there is whether that's something that happened in the past (since the castle in BotW is already on an elevated area) or if it's going to happen after Breath of the Wild at a point where they got rid of all the Shiekah tech above ground.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Dezzy

Tsurii wrote:

@Dezzy we actually do see the castle rise up.

I meant we don't see it in BotW. I realise you can see it in this trailer.

I think it was raised in the past. If you look at the castle in the game, from certain angles you can see where it was originally built. This bottom half of the screen is the part that looks like it's raised out of the ground. So either I'm right. Or the castle raises even further out of the ground in addition to this.

Untitled

Therad wrote:

Follow The Hair. Zelda has short hair in botw 2, seems extremely unlikely it is a prequel. Unless they are traveling through time.

You can have short hair before or after having long hair. This tells us nothing.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Morpheel

They specifically say sequel, so there you go.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

I don't think it's just the castle that's raised in the trailer. It's quite far away, so it's possible that the area surrounding the castle is raised with it. Anyway, yeah, no reason to assume this is a prequel at this point.

Octane

Dezzy

There's a free-cam mod in the Cemu emulator. If some super-nerd wants to figure it out, they could go into the original game and try and capture the exact same shot of the castle from the same position, and see if the height lines up before the castle moves, or after. Before would mean it's a sequel. After would mean it's probably a prequel.
That would be fairly decisive evidence if they did it well.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magonigal

At the end of the trailer on the eShop there's a message about this being the sequel to Breath of The Wild so i'm just going off that

Magonigal

SamusLv7

Dezzy wrote:

SamusLv7 wrote:

Nice theory, but there’s one problem which may make it unlikely. Link, Zelda and the champions were near Mount Lanayru when Ganon was returning from below Hyrule Castle. Also, Hyrule Castle didn't raise up when Ganon returned. That being said, I am not against a BotW prequel. Of course, there are other ways they could be in the past, like using time travel with a special item or sheikah artifact.

Ah but those 2 things aren't necessarily at the same time. In my theory, they discover the body of Ganon close to the beginning of the game (it might the first dungeon), and realize he's about to return because the seal breaks and the malice is escaping his body.
The point where he actually appears in his Calamity form, will then be at the end of the game. It will take time for him to take that new form, which is the time where you'll be going on those various missions to try and prepare for him, including those scenes where Zelda goes to the various goddess statues to try and awaken her power.
I think that fits with the story as we know it. Because they did know he was about to return before he appeared in the BotW flashbacks. So this would be the reason why, because they'd seen the seal on his human body break.

I see. In other words, 1 year before the appearance of Calamity Ganon. I hope we see some (non monks) sheikah warriors helping and training Link whether this new game take place in the past or slightly future. Imagine seeing Link using a new style of fighting thanks to him completing a sheikah training.

Now playing:
Zelda BotW (DLC), Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Yooka-Laylee, Bravely Second.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic