Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,387

KirbyTheVampire

I don't know what you guys are doing with your Wood Elves, but they're not any worse than other races when it comes to using bows or daggers. In fact, they have higher bow skills initially than the other races do.

You're probably just using weak bows and daggers, and/or aren't leveling up your archery and one-handed skills. Also keep in mind that unless you're a sneaky player, daggers aren't really preferable, at least not until you get the higher end ones. You'd be better off with a sword or axe or something.

@Axecalos Sneak does increase the damage your daggers do, but only when you pull off stealth attacks. If the enemy sees you, the extra damage you got from your sneak perks is no longer there, so you would need to increase your one-handed skill to increase the overall damage of your daggers.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Axecalos

@Shellcore really? I play a lot with wood elf now. I m level 30 and my illusion and sneak are full perk. I really dont wanna begin one more time all this steps =(

Nintedo Switch

Mario Kart 8 - Splatoon 2 - NBA2K18 - Doom - Skyrim - Zelda BOTW - Stardew Valley

3DS Friend Code: 8518-7114-7313 | Nintendo Network ID: axecalos | Twitter:

Axecalos

So at least i guess i used to give some perks to one handed and archery.

İ wanted to open Khajit but i read some topics ab that say wood elf better.

Elven bow and dagger i habe and i didnt use smite perks yet.

Nintedo Switch

Mario Kart 8 - Splatoon 2 - NBA2K18 - Doom - Skyrim - Zelda BOTW - Stardew Valley

KirbyTheVampire

@Axecalos You don't have to restart. You can make a good stealth character if you've already got a lot of levels in Illusion and Sneak. Now you just need to start putting more levels into Archery and One-Handed.

It's possible that you're just not hitting the dragon while it's in the air, either. You should wait until it either lands or pauses in the air to breath fire to use the bow. If you shoot while it's just flying around, you'll have very little chance of hitting it.

KirbyTheVampire

FX102A

My attempts to hold off playing my copy are constantly weakening. Although I am determined to try and finish Bravely Second.

Although perhaps I should start just in case a price drop by the time I start makes me forget my supportive purchase.

FX102A

Axecalos

@KirbyTheVampire let me give you information about my char. It s make you understand what is missing to my char.

Race : Wood Elf
Level : 29
Perks : Illusion & Sneak are 100 / Full perks
One handed is 33 / Armsman 2/5 & Fighting Stance 1
Archery is 33 / Overdraw 1/5 & Eagle Eye 1
That is all i gave my perks to skill tree..

My weapons are 2 Orcish Daggers & Forswon Bow

My Appaels are Shrouded Set from DBH.

and final my difficulty ia novice

Nintedo Switch

KirbyTheVampire

@Axecalos Yeah I would put more levels into the one-handed and archery, for sure. I think you'll find it easier to kill stuff as you get better weapons, too.

KirbyTheVampire

GabeGalaxy

Skyrim is amazing! Currently working on finishing The College Of Winterhold quest! I'm finding the Labyrinthian quite difficult XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5414-5102-4440

Currently Playing:
Skyrim (SWITCH)
L.A Noire (SWITCH)
Splatoon 2 (SWITCH)
Just DANCE 2018 (SWITCH)

Spanjard

Saaida or Kematu... hmmmmmmm

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Spanjard

@Tsurii It’s funny. When I googled this whole “Sadia or Kematu” thing I saw this whole debate about what was the right call. And I gotta say, both sides sound very convincing.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

iKhan

I'm a bit surprised that the PSVR version of Skyrim outsold the Switch version in the UK.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

Ryu_Niiyama

@iKhan I think that skyrim on switch will gain legs later. It is a "old game" so that can throw people but I've already had coworkers ask me about it because I have my switch sitting on my desk. I think word of mouth will sell it more than anything.

Also I tried making a character opposite from my usual (so this one was a male, Nord, evil, stealth build) got bored so quickly so I'll be starting over later on today.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@iKhan I'm not. The UK isn't a great market for Nintendo, and it's head over heels for Sony.

@Ryu_Niiyama What sort of character do you usually make?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah I've never been a "for the eviluz" sort of gal. So I'm sorta a grey paragon in everything I play. I'm usually a female Altmer or Redguard (I used to be Dunmer in Oblivion), however I got really into the character creation in Skyrim (especially after mods) so I head cannon my character is a hybrid (because I spend so much time in TES games that I meta game) of both races but the build is actually an Altmer. Anyway I am primarily good (companions and member of the circle, side with the Empire, dawnguard, archmage, with thieves guild as my grey area, but I meta game that I "mostly" steal to help others, anti brotherhood) and I play as a battlemage usually with a focus on one-handed weapons and shield work. So I like to shout, stab and burn evil people. I make a living as a weapons smith though (I kept a schedule in the PC game....because I need help).

However that means there is about 40percent of the game I've never seen even though I've been playing since day one. So I thought I'd give it a try but I think I'm just going to do a non main quest play-through using my normal style.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama I get a kick out of playing amoral characters, for whatever reason. I guess because it's more liberating for me to play in a way where I have zero boundaries to consider when making choices. Although it can often lead to my character going down a dark path. In the case of Skyrim, my character fell in with a group of assassins after killing the abusive headmistress of an orphanage. I've tried playing purely evil characters before, but what always happens is that I'll eventually be confronted with a choice where the evil option just kills me inside, and I abandon the RP.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

KirbyTheVampire

@Ralizah Yeah, same. Even if it is just a game, certain things that you can do in games make me so uncomfortable that I just end up abandoning the idea of having a completely evil character. For example, in the first inFamous game, I tried doing an evil playthrough, but when I got to that part near the start of the game where you can either shoot down the supply drop of food for a crowd to eat or kill a couple people to scare them off and take the food for yourself and potential doom some people to starvation, I did the evil option, but I felt so bad about it that I just decided to not bother doing the evil playthrough, lol.

That's what kind of bugs me about games like inFamous where you can choose to be good or evil. There's almost never options where you can do something that's in a bit of a gray area, or at least isn't incredibly brutal and sadistic. I know choices like that are harder to write, but still.

It's not a big deal in the case of inFamous because it's not trying to be an RPG where you can be any sort of person that you want to be, I'm just saying that morally gray choices in games are incredibly underused.

KirbyTheVampire

SKTTR

A group of headhunters waited for me at my witch's hut as I was trying to carry more loot into the basement. They attacked with no diplomacy. I found a letter in the pocket of one of these guys. Someone wanted me dead. What is up with the game? xD

backloggery.com/SKTTR

KirbyTheVampire

@SKTTR Looks like you made someone angry, lol. You probably got caught stealing or assaulting someone or something.

KirbyTheVampire

IrishGamer97

@SKTTR I remember I killed someone by accident in Whiterun during a random vampire raid, couple of quests later a bunch of mercenary's attacked me outside Windhelm. Whats funny is occasionally you can get letters of inheritance from Couriers if characters you did stuff for died and I got some inherited gold from people I helped and later murdered in my evil Breton Necromancer playthrough!

"Because one dog ain't enough, and two is too low, it's me, Three Dog!" Three Dog ~ Fallout 3
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." Godot ~ Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
"You can become a hero." All Might ~ My Hero Academia

3DS Friend Code: 2062-9874-9597 | Nintendo Network ID: MunsterRugbyFan | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic