Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,234

JaxonH

How soon can you get a house? And do you have to kill that witch to store there? And if not, do you have to worry about her stealing your stuff?

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

Cheapest house starts at 5k, I think. In Whiterun and Riften. It's also 5k to buy a plot of land for Hearthfire houses (which also require building materials). You need to be named Thane of a hold to get a house in that region, which... well, you can do that anytime.

The witch has a tude, and I believe she attacks you if you enter and exit the basement. There's no penalty for killing her.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Haru17

If you follow the first few, relatively short main quests an NPC will directly say to you, "You can buy a house now!" It's the cheapest house in the game, if you don't want to just store everything in the storage trunk you're given at each guild.

NPCs can pick up items off the ground or out of public containers (not in an owned house or guild trunk) if they're nearby. However, if you can find a particular dungeon or location that doesn't respawn the items, most places are going to be pretty remote for normal NPCs to visit commonly enough to start taking things.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Tsurii

Spanjard wrote:

Those pesky little kids. Here I am, a great warrior, having slain skeletons and traveled from far to offer my services to this dude on a hill. Not just any service, it seems I voluntarily offered my help to slay a dragon of all things!
So here I stand, together with a few lousy but loyal soldiers, listening to this woman giving a speech to encourage us. And then these sh*tty little children come stand by me just to demean me. Saying all kinds of hurtful things to my face!

@Spanjard do what I did when the kids got too full of themselves and kill their dog. Shame we don't have mods on Switch to beat some respect into those brats > : (

I think anyone who's played Skyrim can relate to the urge to murder some of those kids as violently as possible in the game. There's a bunch of really likeable children, too, but it's always the bad apples you notice the most and dear God are they obnoxious

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Spanjard

@Tsurii Hehe

As I have been playing this game for some hours, i’m starting to think I shouldn’t accept all these quests of all kind. Some of them just don’t fit the character I created and make me feel like “this would be better if I was an Elf” or something like that.

Maybe that’s just me, but I think this is the way I’ll handle this game. It will also give more natural inclination to start a seperate playthrough later on if I feel like it.

Would be interesting to know how you guys and gals handle this.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

LuckyLand

@Tsurii at least there is the possibility to put one of the kids in her place... I don't say the word quest since really there is not much to do, just talk a little bit with some of them. I like Aventus Aretino tough, it is so fun and satisfying to do what he ask for lol
It's not even a bad thing! After all the outcome is rather a good thing in fact.

The best npc to kill probably is Heimskr. I'm against the Talmor really I hate them but man he is insufferable. I tried to kill him a few weeks ago on Pc because really I couldn't stand him anymore and now Whiterun is so quiet and peaceful, it feels like a paradise compared to when he was there.
I don't want to kill innocent people in the game I'm playing on Switch but I'm so tempted to kill him...

@Spanjard absolutely you shouldn't accept all the quests but only the ones you feel are the best ones for your character. This is the best way to play Elder Scrolls games. It makes the quests you choose feel more relevant and meaningful and your character feel more unique.

Edited on by LuckyLand

LuckyLand

Haru17

Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!
We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you."

Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!

Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people!

So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!

For we are the children of man! And we shall inherit both the heavens and the earth! And we, not the Elves or their toadies, will rule Skyrim! Forever!

Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment!

And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man!

Trust in me, Whiterun! Trust in Heimskr! For I am the chosen of Talos! I alone have been anointed by the Ninth to spread his holy word!

Edited on by Haru17

SKTTR

I just went out for a walk with my dog and we met a French Pitbull in the park called Talos, and now I'm back playing Skyrim and found out about someone named Talos as well, and then I visit this thread and stumble upon more Talos talk. Today is Talos day. What the heck?!

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

DarthNocturnal

Altmer mods locking thread in 3, 2, 1...

Haru17

Most of my characters are Altmer, I condemn Stormcloaks as racists, and I am much more mer than man. But Heimskr is a qunitessential part of the Slyrim experience. The most nostalgic I've felt in a long while was walking down the path from Dragonsreach and hearing Heimskr's speech swell over the rushing water and spirited music.

Edited on by Haru17

Spoony_Tech

@SKTTR we seem to be getting the same games this month lol. I feel like I'm being followed. Anything else you're picking up this month?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SKTTR

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@SKTTR we seem to be getting the same games this month lol. I feel like I'm being followed. Anything else you're picking up this month?

I'm just checking off the games from my Quintuple AAAAA must-have-on-day-1 list:

Super Mario Odyssey
DOOM
L.A. Noire
Skyrim
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

That's enough masterpiecly content for me this (and half of the next) year. ^^

With Zelda BoTW's new story also out in December my gaming schedule is filled to the brim.

I got the best of the best and I doubt other games deserve my playtime as much as these. However, Worms W.M.D, Lumo, and This Is The Police look very appealing to me as well, but they have to wait a bit. I also want to get The Escapists 2 and Payday 2 as they look a ton of fun, but I won't mind if these games (and anything else) get delayed into 2018.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Snaplocket

I'm currently 10 hours in and my thoughts so far, it's a great game but it's not one of my favorites. (at least not top ten)

Snaplocket

LuckyLand

I'm so mad! Today it was daytime and a #@!! vampire came out of nowhere and infected me! I had cure disease potions I took one and I also prayed two or three times after that (I know just one potion was enough but I'm a little obsessive sometimes ) I wanted to keep my diseases counter down to zero I hate so much the fact that the disease immunity necklace can't be found anywhere until you get to level 20 I was grinding because I wanted one! I'm so mad right now! In my Pc game I managed to get a disease immunity necklace before I had any disease I wanted to do the same on Switch!

Edited on by LuckyLand

LuckyLand

JaxonH

@LuckyLand
So, clue me in.

Can't you just reload a save? And what is a disease counter? And what happens now that you're bit?

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

The game keeps track of a LOT of little details. Including how many times you get a disease. It's just for the fun of it. No penalty.

The vamprism disease has stages it goes through. Early stages (or maybe just the first stage) are easily cured. Later stages... not so much. Each stage has better benefits AND worse drawbacks (special powers, more stealth, but the sun cripples you more, etc).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Tsurii

@Snaplocket you'll get there. Skyrim's gameplay isn't anything particularly exciting but a bunch of the bigger side quests are really good and once you start getting into all the Dwemer lore and/or a couple Daedra quests it'll start working its magic lol

The Dawnguard DLC also has some really cool quests and a great central character to it, if you haven't gotten into that yet. Just dig a little deeper into the "big quests" and you're bound to find a couple moments you'll really enjoy.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Snaplocket

@Tsurii No offense but I don't see that happening. I'm already pretty into it and I'm sorta interested in the world and characters but I'm not honestly not a huge fan of this kind of setting or gameplay.

Snaplocket

JaxonH

Let's step back and take a moment to truly appreciate the gravity of what just happened.

The Elder Scrolls V just released on a Nintendo console... with motion controls and amiibo content

Let that sink in for a second...

Skyrim... On a Nintendo Console... Motion Controls... Amiibo Content.

Now think back to the end of the Wii U era. Think back to when all 3rd party had abandoned us. Think back to the days of Bethesda laughing at the mere notion of putting games on Wii U. Remember when the most exciting thing we had to look forward to... was Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Paper Mario. For the entire second half of the year. Imagine someone told you Skyrim was coming to Wii U in 2016. With motion controls and amiibo, the whole 9. They would have been laughed out of the community and ostracized on the spot lol.

Now... fast forward to today. Nintendo has the hottest system around. About to win Game of the Year. While we play Skyrim on a handheld with motion controls and amiibo. lol it's the twilight zone, it must be

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

Gotta admit, the idea of Skyrim ever releasing on a portable would have seemed like pure nonsense even a few years ago.

The jump from 3DS to Switch has got to be the biggest multi-generational leap I've ever seen in my life.

I ought to nab this on Switch at some point. I never played the remastered version or ANY of the DLC, so there's probably a lot of new content I never saw in the (already enormous) base PC version.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic