Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,381

DarthNocturnal

Even if you do commit to a certain skill tree and regret it later, there's an ingame method (two, actually, in a sense) that let you reset your trees and refund perk points.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Skyrim

Do the chests that spawn from using amiibos never go away after you loot them?

I ask because it's a cool idea to get daily loot but if it leaves clutter all over the world every time you do it, that's a bummer.

Skyrim

Ralizah

For some reason, ambitious portable experiences have always impressed me more than ambitious experiences on stationary platforms.

I remember feeling genuinely amazed by big, beautiful portable games like Resident Evil Revelations, Gravity Rush, and now pretty much everything Nintendo releases on the Switch. That "Wow!" vibe subsides over time, but it never fully goes away.

Home consoles? Almost never impressed. I mean, I might genuinely enjoy a game, but I've never looked at a game like Uncharted 4 and thought: "this looks amazing!" I mean, it probably does, and it's a huge accomplishment, but it just doesn't affect me at all.

I guess that's what it means to be a primarily handheld-oriented gamer.

I was a bit flabbergasted by Xenoblade Chronicles X, but that was more down to the game's absurd sense of scale. You really do feel like an insect when you're playing that game, which is... pretty cool, I think.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Don

Given Skyrim on the other consoles dropped in price, is it likely the Switch version eventually be $30 or less?

Don

Ralizah

@Don I'd be surprised if it doesn't drop in price significantly in half a year or so.

Ralizah

Skyrim

Do the chests that spawn from using amiibos never go away after you loot them?

Skyrim

JaxonH

@Skyrim
They go away.

Not instantly, but they go away.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

LuckyLand

@Ralizah I don't think anything on home consoles like PS3, Xbox360 or Wii U can be easily perceived like an accomplishment. But on older/less powerful home consoles there were so many games that looked so amazing and impressive! Back then there was no way you could be ambitious with portable games. I know for example Trip World is extremely good looking for a Game Boy game, but that was nothing compared to how much games like Yoshi's Island or Misadventures of Flink raised the bar.
Now we are accustomed to impressive games at home but Switch is something completely new. It's the first time I'm truly impressed like I used to be back then in many years!

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Don

Ralizah wrote:

@Don I'd be surprised if it doesn't drop in price significantly in half a year or so.

I hope so. I don’t want to pay $60 for it right now knowing the other editions can be obtained for half of that price.

Don

BMO_Advanced

I think we should appreciate how good of a port this is. It runs so smoothly. Fallout 4 didn't run this good when I played it on PS4. Also for those who haven't tried it out yet, you can capture videos! This is me just sneaking around like I usually do. Man this gear looks ridiculous but it's the best I got.

https://streamable.com/aca5t

Edited on by BMO_Advanced

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Haru17

I think Skyrim was always pretty consistent last gen. It was only three times ever that the frame rate noticeably dropped for me. Two of those were random points in dungeons where the screen froze for about 30 seconds, the GPU having trouble remembering something, and the third was when I used the crown + ritual stone exploit to resurrect all the dragur I killed in the whole final wing of Forelhost and rushed the boss with like 25 people like an RTS.

But anyway, it's really weird that they would have Zelda stuff but strand the Switch version which obviously won't have mods without a green tunic. I don't think people were modding the Champion's tunic into the game all those years, lol.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Axecalos

My character is Wood Elf and my play style is assasian this time in Skyrim. I have got few questions about that..

My Illusion and Sneak perks are 100 now. When i tried to get legendry my illusion perks it okey but MUFFLE is drain more cost then before. ( Before 42 cost now 143 cost) It s effecting to my play style bec my magic is 200.

I am using two handed dagger / one hand illusion and dagger / bow. but when i m using daggers i feel my DMG is pretty low then one handedd axe, sword etc. I think i need to give some perk to ONE HANDED for make some DMG right?

And also i cant do anything when i see the dragon. Bow is ineffective also daggers..

Should i open new char like tank or what your advise?

thanks for the answers

Edited on by Axecalos

Nintedo Switch

Mario Kart 8 - Splatoon 2 - NBA2K18 - Doom - Skyrim - Zelda BOTW - Stardew Valley

3DS Friend Code: 8518-7114-7313 | Nintendo Network ID: axecalos | Twitter:

Haru17

You can always turn down the difficulty at no penalty. Making illusion legendary means you've lost both the magicka reduction from your skill level and the halved magicka cost from the apprentice illusion perk.

Muffle levels illusion while out of combat unlike most spells. Fast. Cast it a bunch, get novice and apprentice illusion, cast it a bunch more.

Haru17

@Spanjard It's a spell and an enchantment.

Axecalos

@Haru17 Yes i know i can change the difficulty from option but i m playing NOVICE.. when i see enemy face to face i have no chance. but if i m sneak and behind him without see me i can x15 DMG it perfect. but the other possibilities like se an enemy or dragon while i explore map it means i ll die bec they are really strong.

Nintedo Switch

Mario Kart 8 - Splatoon 2 - NBA2K18 - Doom - Skyrim - Zelda BOTW - Stardew Valley

3DS Friend Code: 8518-7114-7313 | Nintendo Network ID: axecalos | Twitter:

Shellcore

@Axecalos I played as a Wood Elf back on PS3 and also had this problem with Dragons. At the beginning, it was fine...but slowly got more difficult. If anyone has a fix, please let us know! I ended up restarting as a Nord.

LuckyLand

@Axecalos you are probably using basic iron daggers. Buy better daggers (steel daggers for example) and improve them with smithing. Traing smithing skill so you can improve them even more. If you find anywhere ebony daggers or other less common daggers try them you will find something strong enough eventually.
Until then maybe you should use more powerful weapons like maces or swords.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic