Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,381

zionich

I am trying a Deathknight build this go around. Its always nice getting some weapon skill gains off my zombies =)

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Amenbrother

I am going to go with dead thrall build for Switch I think. 1 handed, heavy armor, blocking / shield, conjuration, restoration, enchanting, and smithing. Plan is to join the blades then induct 2 followers into it also and then dead thrall them that way I can even smith and enchant their gear.

Edited on by Amenbrother

Amenbrother

Spanjard

Those pesky little kids. Here I am, a great warrior, having slain skeletons and traveled from far to offer my services to this dude on a hill. Not just any service, it seems I voluntarily offered my help to slay a dragon of all things!
So here I stand, together with a few lousy but loyal soldiers, listening to this woman giving a speech to encourage us. And then these sh*tty little children come stand by me just to demean me. Saying all kinds of hurtful things to my face!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Roamer

I’m conjuring with my left hand and destructing with my right. I’m levelling up enchanting, smithing and alchemy too. Just went to see the greybeards. Has anyone counted those steps?

Roamer

JaxonH

I can't get over this game on Switch.

Well, it's not just this game. It's DOOM. It's LA Noire. It's Rocket League.

But it's most definitely Skyrim Remastered more than any of the above. The port is just so well done, and so comparable to other versions, not to mention all the extras and motion controls that are extremely well done...

This is the promise of the Switch come to fruition. I love it.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

zionich

Just waiting for WWE to get a release now @JaxonH . This game is so amazing playing portably!!

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

SKTTR

I put a witch into her bed and found a trapdoor to a secret alchemy basement next to it.
I thought the house was good to unload my backpack as I am snailing in slowmo through the whole game and just got through a massive dungeon.

The witch unfortunately died as my barbarian Nordsman sidekick Sven slaughtered her with a steel club when she threw freeze magick on us because I was emptying her household.

Now I'm a landowner, thief and a murderer.
But then I realized having that nice house in the middle of snowy nowhere with literally a ton of items gets you freaking nowhere. I need to sell all this (well most of this trash) and so I crawled through the ice until I found the village again.

I did sell a lot, bought all the magic books (and learnt their spells), now where's the best place to horde items?

Also switched X and B buttons...

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

DarthNocturnal

@SKTTR

Sounds like you stumbled upon Anise's cabin. The storage containers in that basement are “safe“ storage (i.e., they don't reset after X amount of time passes). You can store stuff there until you get a house.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

SKTTR

Darmn, I carried everything over to the village and put it in the shopkeepers house... So these items will vanish in the shopkeepers house's chest, cupboard and barrels? Is there a safebox near or should I sell everything? Don't wanna waste one time items.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

DarthNocturnal

@SKTTR

Well, if you can take it all without over-encumbering yourself, you could just fast travel to the cabin and drop it off. Or sell (if the shopkeep has enough money to buy it; otherwise, you're giving it away).

KirbyTheVampire

@SKTTR Her place is actually a great spot for newbies to store stuff temporarily until they buy a house of their own. I mean, you could stay there permanently if you want, but getting a ton of houses is way too much fun to settle for that, lol.

KirbyTheVampire

DarthNocturnal

Feudal Real Estate Simulator 2011: Now with Dragons.

JaxonH

How soon can you get a house? And do you have to kill that witch to store there? And if not, do you have to worry about her stealing your stuff?

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

Cheapest house starts at 5k, I think. In Whiterun and Riften. It's also 5k to buy a plot of land for Hearthfire houses (which also require building materials). You need to be named Thane of a hold to get a house in that region, which... well, you can do that anytime.

The witch has a tude, and I believe she attacks you if you enter and exit the basement. There's no penalty for killing her.

Haru17

If you follow the first few, relatively short main quests an NPC will directly say to you, "You can buy a house now!" It's the cheapest house in the game, if you don't want to just store everything in the storage trunk you're given at each guild.

NPCs can pick up items off the ground or out of public containers (not in an owned house or guild trunk) if they're nearby. However, if you can find a particular dungeon or location that doesn't respawn the items, most places are going to be pretty remote for normal NPCs to visit commonly enough to start taking things.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tsurii

Spanjard wrote:

Those pesky little kids. Here I am, a great warrior, having slain skeletons and traveled from far to offer my services to this dude on a hill. Not just any service, it seems I voluntarily offered my help to slay a dragon of all things!
So here I stand, together with a few lousy but loyal soldiers, listening to this woman giving a speech to encourage us. And then these sh*tty little children come stand by me just to demean me. Saying all kinds of hurtful things to my face!

@Spanjard do what I did when the kids got too full of themselves and kill their dog. Shame we don't have mods on Switch to beat some respect into those brats > : (

I think anyone who's played Skyrim can relate to the urge to murder some of those kids as violently as possible in the game. There's a bunch of really likeable children, too, but it's always the bad apples you notice the most and dear God are they obnoxious

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Spanjard

@Tsurii Hehe

As I have been playing this game for some hours, i’m starting to think I shouldn’t accept all these quests of all kind. Some of them just don’t fit the character I created and make me feel like “this would be better if I was an Elf” or something like that.

Maybe that’s just me, but I think this is the way I’ll handle this game. It will also give more natural inclination to start a seperate playthrough later on if I feel like it.

Would be interesting to know how you guys and gals handle this.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

LuckyLand

@Tsurii at least there is the possibility to put one of the kids in her place... I don't say the word quest since really there is not much to do, just talk a little bit with some of them. I like Aventus Aretino tough, it is so fun and satisfying to do what he ask for lol
It's not even a bad thing! After all the outcome is rather a good thing in fact.

The best npc to kill probably is Heimskr. I'm against the Talmor really I hate them but man he is insufferable. I tried to kill him a few weeks ago on Pc because really I couldn't stand him anymore and now Whiterun is so quiet and peaceful, it feels like a paradise compared to when he was there.
I don't want to kill innocent people in the game I'm playing on Switch but I'm so tempted to kill him...

@Spanjard absolutely you shouldn't accept all the quests but only the ones you feel are the best ones for your character. This is the best way to play Elder Scrolls games. It makes the quests you choose feel more relevant and meaningful and your character feel more unique.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Haru17

Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!
We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you."

Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!

Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people!

So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!

For we are the children of man! And we shall inherit both the heavens and the earth! And we, not the Elves or their toadies, will rule Skyrim! Forever!

Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment!

And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man!

Trust in me, Whiterun! Trust in Heimskr! For I am the chosen of Talos! I alone have been anointed by the Ninth to spread his holy word!

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SKTTR

I just went out for a walk with my dog and we met a French Pitbull in the park called Talos, and now I'm back playing Skyrim and found out about someone named Talos as well, and then I visit this thread and stumble upon more Talos talk. Today is Talos day. What the heck?!

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic