Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,231

JaxonH

I have a PC, but for reasons I've gone into extensively in the past I don't really buy games on it anymore. It's just such a pain turning the PC on, dealing with resolution incompatibilities with my 4K TV, and context menus that are so small I have to get up out of my La-Z-Boy recliner and walk up 6 inches away from the TV just to read what it says. Then there's the issues with my Xbox Controller not working as a mouse when the admin windows pop up, etc etc...

It's just not worth it even at $10.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

diwdiws

@JaxonH regardless of your own anecdotal experience the point still stands that if your not interested in portability you will still have a superior experience, graphically, performace wise and price wise on PC. Even the bugs that can crop up on consoles are easily remedied using the console prompt commands.

diwdiws

JaxonH

@diwdiws

So are you here to talk about the Switch version or try to sell everybody on a PC version?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

LuckyLand

@diwdiws I have it on Pc and I already played it a lot on Pc and I am still playing it but I prefer to use consoles ratrher than a PC and right now the only consoles I like are Nintendo ones (the last Playstation I liked was the PS2) so I'm more than happy to have this game on Switch. Using a computer is boring and frustrating imho while using a console is enjoyable like playing with a toy in itself, even before you start an actual game, so I'm all against Pc gaming no matter what. I also have Rayman legends on Pc but I enjoyed it a lot more on Switch and had a much more satisfying experience because of my preference for consoles, and I'm sure the same will happen with Skyrim.
Portability is a big plus, but even if Switch was not an hybrid console, even if it was a common home console I would have preferred to play any game on it rather than on Pc, and finally having an Elder Scroll game on a Ninytendo console is exciting in itself for me. On top of that, Switch is also an hybrid console that you can use as a handheld. That's not only exciting, that's unbelievable!

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

JoyBoy

It’s been a while that I played a ES game. Last one was Oblivion, so it’s going to be fun I think.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

CroRock

I’m so tempted to preorder Skyrim over Xenoblade 2. I can’t afford both atm because - reasons I have Xenoblade and Xenoblade X Limited Edition but haven’t finished them yet. And on the other side I have Skyrim for PC but didn’t play it much because I’m not PC gamer anymore like @JaxonH said. And again, Skyrim is my kind of “mature” game and on the other side I like Xenoblade 2 art style more then Xenoblade X one.
What should I do?!?’ 🙃
Really starting to hate that Switch.. it’s ruining my life

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

Went ahead and preloaded.

9 more days until The Elder Scrolls V releases on a Nintendo portable console!

Who woulda thunk it...

Haru17

Skyrim's sole waifu won't marry you because she's her own character and not arm candy, if that sways your vote. But generally I think Skyrim's multifaceted world is a better character than any anime archetype Xenoblade's writers could plagiarize.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KirbyTheVampire

@Haru17 I was so sad when I found that out. Definitely one of the most soul-crushing parts of the game, especially because the devs added a dialogue option where you basically propose. That conversation went from 100 to 0 in the span of like 10 seconds.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@KirbyTheVampire She doesn't like cathedrals, man.

I just noticed your username, big fan of vampires?

Starburst

@Snaplocket Argonians can breathe under water..so thats cool. I usually go norn just because skyrim is the norn homeland. but all in all the stuff exclusive to race isnt super important. i would just go with what you enjoy/think look the coolest.

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

Tyranexx

I'm leaning towards Argonian as well, though I may still be slightly tempted towards playing a Khajiit....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

KirbyTheVampire

@Haru17 Not really, since they're usually portrayed as superheroes or ultra sexy sparkly fairies, but I'm definitely a fan when they're actually done well, such as in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. (Definitely recommend it. It's similar in a lot of ways to Skyrim, although it's on a smaller scale, and the combat is quite a bit worse if you can believe it, but the voice acting, facial animations, atmosphere, side quests, lore, and characters are all top notch. I wouldn't say the main story is quite top notch, but I was definitely intrigued the whole time) Bethesda does a pretty good job with them IMO, although I wish they would go the extra mile with the (minor spoilers, wouldn't recommend reading if you haven't played an Elder Scrolls game) vampire mechanics in the game. They're kinda bare-bones, especially without Dawnguard. The amount of vampire/werewolf related quests is also disappointingly lacking in Elder Scrolls games, but I get that they're just a small part of the lore.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@KirbyTheVampire I thought Skyrim had a fair amount of vampires and werewolves in the story since they were bundled into the Companions and Dawnguard. Vampire mechanics were definitely basic before Dawnguard (I never actually played one, because werewolves c'mon), but the good thing is almost no one will ever play vanilla Skyrim again since the 8th gen releases and VR all have the DLC preinstalled in.

Edited on by Haru17

KirbyTheVampire

@Haru17 It's a pretty good amount with the addition of Dawnguard, for sure, especially for an RPG that's not focused on vampires. There was barely any in Oblivion from what I can remember, though. Never really played the others except for a few hours of Morrowind, but I hear there's more there than there was in Oblivion. I guess it's not really a problem with the Elder Scrolls as much as it's a problem with games in general. I feel like there's such great storytelling potential with vampires, especially with how flexible the lore can be, and yet there are hardly any games with a heavy focus on them. That's starting to change a bit with stuff like Blood and Wine from The Witcher 3 and the new Vampyr game that's coming out, but I feel like there should be more. On the other hand, we've got zombie apocalypse stories coming out of our butts, despite most of them recycling the same plot points over and over. It's not even just limited to games, either. And yeah, pre-Dawnguard vampires were pretty awful. It was honestly just a major pain to even be a vampire back then. Now, they're probably better than werewolves, despite them getting buffed as well.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

@KirbyTheVampire There was a vampire hunter quest and a vampire member of the Dark Brotherhood + one who was a countess in Oblivion, but not a whole lot else that I recall.

My biggest creature pet peeve with games at large is just how many feature as enemies or narrative elements but don't have playable animals or werewolves despite the incredible range of mechanics possible with them. Like, The Order, why QTEs instead of playable werewolves? Those could be soooo cool in a game as pretty as that.

KirbyTheVampire

@Haru17 Yeah, exactly. I don't get why the protagonist always has to be a normal guy/girl. Sure, they can usually do things that are basically superhuman, but still. Being able to transform and stuff would be pretty darn cool.

Even if it means making the protagonist the bad guy or an anti-hero sometimes, I'm okay with that. I don't always have to be the knight in shining armor in games.

That's one of the best things about Elder Scrolls games, though. You can be as much of a sadistic maniac or perfect saint as you want. Sometimes it's nice to not have a specific role forced on you.

KirbyTheVampire

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 At least the night stages of Sonic Unleashed exist!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano If you put Unleashed and The Black Knight together you've practically got an Elder Scrolls game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic