Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,231

Haru17

@LuckyLand I think either a III or IV remaster could happen, they would just need a lot of visual work and newer combat mechanics. It's so much work that I don't expect Bethesda to develop it themselves like they did Skyrim Special Edition.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Zuljaras

TES III and IV to Switch will be one of the best things that could happen in 2018 let's say!

Also I would love Fallout 3 + New Vegas and Fallout 4 ... so many hours .....

Haru17

Yeah it would need to look better than Skywind, lol.

SilverEdge92

Is it bad that Skyrim was the #1 reason why I wanted a Switch?

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

JaxonH

@SilverEdge92
My coworker bought a Switch instead of PS4 solely because of portable Skyrim.

I think a lot of people love the idea of a portable version of their fave games. There are countless games I would buy an entire system for just to have that one game portably. I may end up buying the GPD Win 2 just for Dolphin on the go. Well, I say "just" but in truth it would be hundreds of games I've always wanted portably, most notably Metroid Prime Trilogy and F-Zero GX.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@SilverEdge92 Of course not, Switch is the only way to play Skyrim anywhere.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BigBadJohn

Okay so I’ve never played Skyrim. I’ve also never played a Xenoblade or LA Noir. I’ve really only got time to play one. What do you think?

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Haru17

They're all open world games and Skyrim has the most dense and detailed world with hundreds of dungeons — kind of important for the genre.

The hit detection in Skyrim has some gaps, but Xenoblade doesn't even try to have hit detection.

Don't expect Skyrim to have character drama though, it's story is a lot less central with a focus on wider world building and environmental storytelling. Xenoblade's is going to be trite anime tropes like the last two.

Edited on by Haru17

LuckyLand

@BigBadJohn I don't like Xenoblade and LA Noir. Honestly, I don't like their genres and don't find them very appealing because of this even tough I actually only tried the first Xenoblade once and sold it after a while because I didn't like it. Of course I would say Skyrim but in the end is just a matter of taste I guess

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

KirbyTheVampire

@BigBadJohn I'd say Skyrim, but I'm pretty biased, and I've never played the other two. I just know I could never enjoy them as much as I did Skyrim.

KirbyTheVampire

kkslider5552000

I will say, unless you're really into what LA Noire tries to do, Skyrim and Xenoblade are probably safer bets.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@BigBadJohn

Xenoblade is my favorite JRPG series of all time. Amazing story, amazing world to explore (X topped even Zelda BotW in terms of world I think), engaging combat system...

Idk how to compare against Skyrim, but I'd do.everything in your power to get both. LA Noire maybe later when it's cheaper (I'm getting day one, but if you have to choose I'd hold off on that one)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BigBadJohn

It’s not really a price thing more a time management issue. It’s a busy time of year for me and would only get time to properly play one.

SW-5512-0541-9236

JasmineDragon

@BigBadJohn I'm in the same boat. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I already have a Switch backlog to go with my PC and 3DS backlogs. Really trying from here on out to only buy as many games as I can play.

For what it's worth, I'm going with Skyrim for now, and might get XC2 later on.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

BigBadJohn

@JasmineDragon The issue is of course I could get these games when my schedule frees up a bit but then there will be more new releases and the problem will get exponentially worse. Damn you Nintendo. I miss the Wii U days!

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

Haru17

Skyrim's definitely going to be the longer game. It just has such a dense world and so many quests and factions. Not to mention the fact that your character can actually play completely differently, and not just by putting different actives and passives on your hotbar, lol.

LuckyLand

Not to mention that you can play this game beyond its own quests, meaning not only that you can continue playing after the end of the game, but that you can also play it while completely avoid any quest you want to avoid, main ones included. If you want so an Elder scroll game literally never ends

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

SilverEdge92

@JaxonH
It's not so much the portable aspect for me as it is that I just really like the Elder Scrolls series and have very little interest in buying an Xbox.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

diwdiws

@SilverEdge92 or you could buy it on PC for 30$ or even as low as 10$ during sale. Its not hardware intensive and if ever you have a beefier PC the. You can plug in as much visual mods you like.

diwdiws

diwdiws

@SilverEdge92 if your not interested in its portability and have a PC theres really no reason to get it on switch. IMO

diwdiws

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic