Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,239

Haru17

@JaxonH I think like 2015. It's been that way for a while.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

Yep, March 2015. The developers INSISTED from the get-go that it would never go F2P, but between F2P being a common money-making model in modern MMOs, plus the skepticism about an online Elder Scrolls in general, everyone assumed it would break in a few months/ a year, and go F2P. They DID drop the subscription requirement, but it didn't go F2P.

Seeing as how it's released 6 expansions (with the most recent “Morrowind“ one being the biggest, from what I'm reading) since launch, I assume it's doing just fine.

I did play in the beta, and I am interested in the full game... but I'm hesitant to buy it, if only because I'm not sure I'd get as much out of it playing solo.

EDIT: Oh, also, timeline-wise, ESO is set waaaaaaaay before Skyrim. 2nd era I believe. Skyrim is in the 4th era. I forget the exact number, but we're looking at roughly a millennia between ESO and Skyrim.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

LuckyLand

@DarthNocturnal Does it require online connection being active even if you just want to play solo? If not I could try it... at least when I find a cheap sale on Steam (I don't want to encourage multiplayer games, expecially in games I like, but for a very low price I feel like I'm not doing much damage)

Edited on by LuckyLand

LuckyLand

Haru17

It's an MMO, you can't play those offline.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH If dishonored shows up I will be ecstatic. I like the franchise but I don't have the time to work on the games. Switch versions take care of that.

...I know TESO is Zenimax, but I'm starting to wonder with the influx of online games we are starting to get confirmed if Bethesda and Zeni are looking at the switch as a possible candidate. Not sure if I'd jump back in but I'd be tempted I think.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SKTTR

Why do they always refer to "two Bethesda games for Switch"?

First it was Skyrim, and then it was Doom + Wolfenstein II announced on the same breath, so.. 1 or 3 sure, but there were never 2 Bethesda games...

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Haru17

@SKTTR Because people can't separate Bethesda Softworks, the publisher, from the actual game developers ('Game Studios') by the same name for the life of them.

MegaTen

27 minutes of Skyrim on Nintendo Switch with Audio (Off-Screen & Undocked)

Done with gaming. Farewell people!

JaxonH

@MegaTen

Gosh dang the game looks beautiful on Switch! Looks exactly like the remastered version I own on Xbox One.

Man I love this console. It's juuuust powerful enough to run amazing AAA games that look gorgeous, but juuust underpowered enough to still be mobile...

Honestly there's never been a console I've loved this much. People look back on GameCube with fondness, or Dreamcast... Switch is one day going to be looked back on with great admiration

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

MegaTen

@JaxonH It looks truly amazing indeed. Very much looking forward to the game, arrrgghhh! It has been too long since I played and witnessed the game. That it's the Special Edition is truly the icing on the cake. Just goosebumps again with one of the classic Morrowind songs playing in the video...

It has been quite a while for me too, liking a console that much. It's indeed comparable to the consoles you mentioned in terms of quality. And this is just the beginning!

DarthNocturnal

Survival Mode is in beta on Steam. Apparently it'll be free for one week when it launches via Creation Club on all platforms. It would be nice if it came to Switch (albeit, maybe without the price tag). It seems it'll work similarly to Fallout 4's survival mode, except you'll also have to worry about temperature (fitting, given the environment). Hypothermia anyone?

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal Okay, I'll re-buy it if I can do frozen weather survival stuff. I wonder if that works in dungeons where there's fire and ice? I mean I can always just download the mod on my PS4 copy... but still, that's hella cool.

DarthNocturnal

@Haru17

Well, caves and whatnot can be quite cold. And I imagine that, like beds, any fire we find (torches or campfires) will be a sigh of relief.

Normal Skyrim - “Ooo, pretty fire“

Survival Skyrim - “Starting... to freeze to dea-FIRE! LIFE! SALVATION! AAAAAAAAAAAA! PRAISE THE EIGHT/ NINE!“

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal "Shor's very bones rattle in this storm, you milk-drinker gray-skin!"

DarthNocturnal

Also, some nightmare fuel; what if potions have the same drawback as stimpacks in F4? “Wizard needs water badly“.

Luckily I never used Stamina potions. But yeah, between less carry weight and possible dehydration, chugging some of the red, green, or blue stuff stuff will probably have some drawbacks.

Ryu_Niiyama

@DarthNocturnal There are only EIGHT Divines per the White Gold Concordat. I would hate for a Thalmor Justicar to pay you a visit....

DarthNocturnal

@Ryu_Niiyama

Everyone needs a good reason to punch snobby elves in the face.

Or stab/ arrow/ burn/ freeze/ shock/ shout them to death.

Ryu_Niiyama

Nord HEATHEN! Auri-El smite you!

(My dragonborn is Altmer actually, but she is from Cyrodiil in my headcannon so the Thalmor don't like her either.)

MegaTen

Still not November the 17th? Nope! Unfortunately...

It will be nice to play this and and find The Dragonborn in DOOM again, later on.

DarthNocturnal

My first one was Khajiit. They seem like chill guys..... eh, except when they get skooma. Also, M'aiq the Liar. I think it'd be amusing if a future Zelda got a “leaning on the forth wall“ character like him.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic