Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,231

LuckyLand

@Tsurii right now I'm still downloading it, by the estimated download time I'd say that it's probably around 16 GB like @Grumblevolcano said.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

JaxonH

As Bethesda previously confirmed, the game is less than 16gb.

http://nintendoeverything.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-pre-...

They also previously stated the full game is on cart

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Bezbot

Just pre-ordered the game. Can't wait for it. Yes I could have bought on my PC or my PS4 for less money, but I didn't because I want to support the game on the Switch and I know if a game is on the switch I play it more. I was close to buying on my PS4 (I only got my PS4 late August) but decided to stick it out till this one. Don't really know what it's even like besides it's an open-world game.

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

JaxonH

@MegaTen
I don't know where it was but I assure you Pete Hines specifically said "we managed to fit the full game on a 16gb cart". It was when he first revealed DOOM would have MP as a download. I remember that much

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

So, just to get a clue, if people that read this would do me a small favour and tell me if they have played Skyrim and if so, on what platform? I'd like to get an idea of how many people might have not gone for the game, but will now that it's A. portable and B. on a Nintendo console.

MFD

MFD

@DarthNocturnal Dang, that's a lot of Skyrim I've only got the normal edition and the Dawnguard DLC on my PC.

MFD

MarcelRguez

@UmniKnight Yes, but not to completion. 360 version. It'll be easier to complete it now that I don't need to be glued to the TV.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

MFD

@MegaTen Interesting, your reasoning for getting it now on Switch is portability I'm guessing? Or just haven't had the chance to buy it before?

MFD

LuckyLand

I still play it on pc (Special edition) but I've never tried the main quest. I have spent more than 500 hour on that game doing just random quests, grinding and roaming around. I'm going to complete the main quest on Switch. I have done just a small part of it to have access to the Dragonborn quest because I wanted to see Apocripha. The first time I tried this game was at launch of the standard edition on PS3.

The download is complete I can confirm that it is 14.3 GB

JaxonH

I have Skyrim on Xbox One, but never played it beyond the beginning.

This will be my first time to actually play the game through.

Haru17

That's around 6 gb less than the Special Edition on PS4. Good compression.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

Well given that Nintendo's publishing Skyrim and DOOM they probably gave Bethesda help regarding compression. Otherwise both games would've probably ended up the same way as games like LA Noire and the 2K sports games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MFD

@Grumblevolcano I wonder how that works. It would be nice if as many thirds as possible could benefit from their compression techniques, so why only them? Something of deal I reckon.

MFD

MFD

@DarthNocturnal Nice, good to hear you had such a good time with it! So, what would you say about mods and Skyrim? I've seen people do some really neat things with those, but I don't think the Switch version will get any...

MFD

MFD

@DarthNocturnal I wonder how many of Skyrim's many bugs will show up on the Switch version. My Steam has plenty of screenshots of strange things happening, like me Fus-Ro-Dahing some dude, and he started flying around like there was a zigzagging drone stuck to his leg.

Yeah true on the external assets part, thankfully it does come with all the DLC so it will be a nice, full experience. Maybe I should consider getting Dragonborn at one point....

MFD

MFD

@DarthNocturnal We shall see, I do remember sometimes having issues with NPC's that you need for your quests. I hope those are gone, since they were annoying as hell.

MFD

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano

The new financial report actually confirmed Bethesda is publishing Skyrim and DOOM, but will be publishing Dragon Quest Builders and Octopath Traveller.

Financial Summary Comfirming Nintendo Is Not Publishing Skyrim/Doom

and the report itself

Nintendo Financial Report

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH Nintendo had something to do with it, what 3rd party releases games on a Friday?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LuckyLand

This game is a lot more polished now, you don't see many bugs anymore. The worst thing tha could happen sometimes is to get stuck somewhere, expecially if you are trying to jump up or down mountains with a complex rock structure (and if enemies are nearby you can't fast travel away) or if an enemy able to shout you accidentally shout you out of the game bounds inside a dungeon. Save often and you should be fine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic