Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,231

Haru17

@MegaTen You can customize what autosaves and how often. The special edition has Fallout 4's quicksave system too, but you'll want the game to autosave when you enter and exit structures so you never lose too much progress. Skyrim has a full save system alongside that as well, it's not like Breath of the Wild where you're constantly overwriting your single save file. I recommend keeping three save files per character, that way you have a good play history without it getting too labyrinthine.

@LuckyLand The daedric quests in Oblivion were task-oriented as well. Sheogorath was gathering a bunch of stuff to make something happen, Narmina and Clavicus Vile were dungeon delves, and Hircine was just bringing him a minotaur horn and you're done with it + get the savior's hide (that one felt the most anticlimactic to me, although it wasn't terrible).

I really loved Molag Bol's quest in Skyrim! The tension of that poltergeist-y descent through the house and into the tunnel in the basement through some collapsed dwemer architecture was really gripping to me, granted I'm a scaredy cat.

I recommend the Hircine, Namira, and Vaermina daedric quests in Skyrim. A lot of them are good or interesting, but those were my favorite for the atmosphere they brought to the table. The best way I can describe it is that I can see where I started those quests in concept art. In fact the start of a certain 2016 game is very evocative of the Hircine quest.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MFD

@Haru17 I can only howl at the mention of Hircine.

MFD

Luna_110

I hope we have auto save! It's saved me more than once in Breath of the Wild.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

KirbyTheVampire

I know the PS3 version of Skyrim has autosaves, although they're not frequent enough for my taste.

KirbyTheVampire

Spoony_Tech

I doubt it will sell millions. At this point and given the fan base I hope it will at least sell a million copies. I can see it growing to 2 million over the life of the system though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

If it sells just close to a million, I think it will hit its mark. They can't expect, I hope, to sell much more considering it's a full priced port of a very old game, remastered or no. Yeah its super cool and exciting to get it on the switch, but we should probably be more realistic about how well this will do, I certainly hope Bethesda is.

TuVictus

Haru17

The Special Edition sold ~1~ million on PS4 / XB1 / PC, so I imagine Bethesda has appropriate sales expectations for Switch. The difference being this version is being released on two less platforms, and the platform it's coming to has never seen any of their games since like Wayne Gretski's Ice Hockey, lmao.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

Motion controls look like a gimmick here. I doubt I will be using them and this isn't the type of game that needs them. I'm happy they tried though to do something in addition to what's already available.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoyBoy

Why do ppl play this in 3rd person? Do you want your game to look like sh*t? If you want this game to look old, this is how it's done. Good job!

1st person is where it's at for me. Definitely more immersive.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

faint

@Operative2-0 it sold an estimated 1.5 million physical units on the Xbox One. I would like to see it at least match if not beat those numbers.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

JoyBoy

faint wrote:

@Operative2-0 it sold an estimated 1.5 million physical units on the Xbox One. I would like to see it at least match if not beat those numbers.

You better start saving up then!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

TuVictus

@faint most definitely not. The xbox one version had much more lenient mod support, and obviously is currently way above the switch in install base and demographic for this sort of game. It'll be a miracle if it reaches a million and we should be glad if it does

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

@Operative2-0 I wouldn't say a miracle. If even only 25% of those that got Zelda show interest then it has a great shot at selling a million.

MERG said:

faint

@Operative2-0 the Xbox One also has lots of open world games and an entire user base who has already played it. Also if the Xbox One X fails the switch will surpass it in a year. Maybe year and a half.

[email protected]

JasmineDragon

I seriously doubt that this is going to sell anything like a million copies out of the gate, but I do think it could have really long legs. "OG Skyrim" sold well for years - the Switch version might do that too, if they keep it in print. Unfortunately, one of the factors that kept the old version in the public eye was the thriving mod community. But even without mods, it should do well. It's not like there are a hundred other open world RPGs that you can play on the train.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

TuVictus

@faint I think you missed my demographic point. Truth is, Nintendo fans usually don't spring for third party games. Xbox gamers are much more likely to buy games like that anyway. I highly doubt the switch user base is similar enough to get it to a million. Highly skeptical at best.

TuVictus

faint

@Operative2-0 you do realize I'm talking life time right? I also don't see the same demographic this time around. The nintendo faithful are buying the switch but so are others. I also see the wiiu and 3ds fan base staring to merge. You maybe quite surprised in a years time.

[email protected]

TuVictus

I certainly hope so, at any rate

TuVictus

ECMIM

The fanbase has been asking for a portable Elder Scrolls/Skyrim for centuries so, yeah, I think a million is certainly doable, and it won't take the lifespan of the machine to get there.

https://www.teepublic.com/user/ECM

Ryu_Niiyama

Considering that the remastered versions sold quite well and this is to a fanbase that could have already bought the game I think the "Nintendo only" plus the "portable please" will be more than enough to get this to a million.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic