Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,387

Tasuki

Ah ok I see. Also does stuff respawn in areas?? Like there's this one cave type area I found where I cleared out the bandits. I was thinking of using it as a place for me of sorts till I can afford a house, thing is I don't want to leave stuff in the caves like ore and such that can be used for crafting if enemies will respawn in there.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DarthNocturnal

@Tasuki

If it had bandits, they'll respawn, and there's a good chance that most/ all of the containers are “unsafe“, which means they'll reset after a while (and anything you put in them is lost). Items left lying on the ground may despawn after a while too (I'm not 100% sure about that though).

There's a cabin not too far from Riverwood with an old woman in it. She can be killed at no penalty (and she's not very nice anyway), and the storage containers in her basement are safe. It's a nice place to store stuff until you get a house.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Yosheel

The haunted house in Markarth is completely safe to use.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@DarthNocturnal Ah ok I was thinking of turning the Steam Camp place north of Whitehall into a makeshift home, that's why I asked. So tired of getting emcumberd. Might check out that house you mentioned though.

My Backlog

Yosheel

@Tasuki it's up north, to the left.

A bit far. But it was actually the second big city I found on my own.

It's a really cool place, I like it

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LuckyLand

Tasuki wrote:

So how do I get more amor recipes for crafting? Do I have to find them in the world or is it by putting points in my armor skill or something I haven't even thought of?

You have to unlock them as perks in the skills screen.

@DarthNocturnal I think that the only thing that don't despawn are ashes when somebody gets killed in a vampire attack. On PC if you want to get rid of them you must use cheats, on console versions you can't use cheats.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Mii_duck

Meowpheel wrote:

@Tasuki it's up north, to the left.

A bit far. But it was actually the second big city I found on my own.

It's a really cool place, I like it

I wouldn't go food shopping there though...

Mii_duck

Yosheel

@Mii_duck we don't talk about that.

As a side note. Will the bodies from a certain battle in the city ever go away?

I kinda proped Borkul up near the entrance.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

@Meowpheel

I think most do, yes. But there may be some odd exceptions.

Hopefully nothing as awkward as Covenant in Fallout 4...

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Tasuki

I finally saved up enough gold to buy myself a house XD. Now I can store all my ingredients and such there so I don't have worry about being emcumberd all the time.

My Backlog

Yosheel

You should definitely become a thane of Falkreath.

It's got a good house.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

Whiterun and Riften have the smaller (and cheaper) houses. Markarth is more of a medium, while Windhelm (my personal favorite) is huuuuge.

Or you can buy a plot of land in the holds of Morthal, Dawnstar or Falkreath and do your own thing.

Or dorm it up Winterhold.

@Meowpheel

I think you're thinking of Markarth. Falkreath has no pre-made house.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Yosheel

I was trying not to spoil the fact you gotta build it yourself.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

@Meowpheel

Ah. That one sailed clear past my head then. Hearthfire isn't exactly new, so I didn't see any point in hiding it. Plus, I think the plots of land were mentioned before, so, prank failed?

That's a pretty expensive (ingame) prank though, haha.

Yosheel

Isn't the plot the same price as the cheapest house anyway?

From what I remember, it also came with enough materials to build the first room.

Anyway, it wasn't a prank. I genuinely think it's a good house.

Edited on by Yosheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

@Meowpheel

Oh. Well, the Falkreath house is the same as the Morthal and Dawnstar house. Or at least, it can be. There are a few lot exclusive features, but the house looks and functions the same, up until you add extra wings to the main building (unless you choose the same three wings each time).

Or you can make one a full-fledged manor and keep one as a getaway cottage.

And yeah, I thought you were cracking a joke at how Falkreath technically has no house, until you make it yourself. My bad.

Yosheel

I think it's just the most easily accessible one. It's basically right there where you start the game.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic