Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,383

LuckyLand

Tasuki wrote:

So how do I get more amor recipes for crafting? Do I have to find them in the world or is it by putting points in my armor skill or something I haven't even thought of?

You have to unlock them as perks in the skills screen.

@DarthNocturnal I think that the only thing that don't despawn are ashes when somebody gets killed in a vampire attack. On PC if you want to get rid of them you must use cheats, on console versions you can't use cheats.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Mii_duck

Meowpheel wrote:

@Tasuki it's up north, to the left.

A bit far. But it was actually the second big city I found on my own.

It's a really cool place, I like it

I wouldn't go food shopping there though...

Mii_duck

Morpheel

@Mii_duck we don't talk about that.

As a side note. Will the bodies from a certain battle in the city ever go away?

I kinda proped Borkul up near the entrance.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

@Meowpheel

I think most do, yes. But there may be some odd exceptions.

Hopefully nothing as awkward as Covenant in Fallout 4...

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Tasuki

I finally saved up enough gold to buy myself a house XD. Now I can store all my ingredients and such there so I don't have worry about being emcumberd all the time.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Morpheel

You should definitely become a thane of Falkreath.

It's got a good house.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

Whiterun and Riften have the smaller (and cheaper) houses. Markarth is more of a medium, while Windhelm (my personal favorite) is huuuuge.

Or you can buy a plot of land in the holds of Morthal, Dawnstar or Falkreath and do your own thing.

Or dorm it up Winterhold.

@Meowpheel

I think you're thinking of Markarth. Falkreath has no pre-made house.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Morpheel

I was trying not to spoil the fact you gotta build it yourself.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

@Meowpheel

Ah. That one sailed clear past my head then. Hearthfire isn't exactly new, so I didn't see any point in hiding it. Plus, I think the plots of land were mentioned before, so, prank failed?

That's a pretty expensive (ingame) prank though, haha.

Morpheel

Isn't the plot the same price as the cheapest house anyway?

From what I remember, it also came with enough materials to build the first room.

Anyway, it wasn't a prank. I genuinely think it's a good house.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

@Meowpheel

Oh. Well, the Falkreath house is the same as the Morthal and Dawnstar house. Or at least, it can be. There are a few lot exclusive features, but the house looks and functions the same, up until you add extra wings to the main building (unless you choose the same three wings each time).

Or you can make one a full-fledged manor and keep one as a getaway cottage.

And yeah, I thought you were cracking a joke at how Falkreath technically has no house, until you make it yourself. My bad.

Morpheel

I think it's just the most easily accessible one. It's basically right there where you start the game.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Deadpool

Hi guys,
I wanted the save files of Skyrim pc game and I also found it but it does not work.
Can you tell me what is the problem??

Edited on by Morpheel

Deadpool

scubydo

okay, I have had this game for a good while downloaded, but I am just now able to start playing it. As a beginner, is there are good "build" to go with? OR should I just try out some different things? I enjoy melee and magic play styles. So maybe a hybrid?

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Morpheel

The easiest playstyle is the "sneaky archer", however as far as I know every style is perfectly viable. Just play around with everything you find and something will stick.

Eventually you may end up maxing a style and want to move on to a different one.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Tasuki

I am doing a great Weapon fighter build, basically I use a two handed ax or sword and I am enjoying it not having to many problems with enemies (well except Giants but that's a whole other story). As it is there is no "good" build in the game it all depends on your playstyle. If you are better with a FPS type game play you might want to do an Archer type. If you are good and hack and slash playstyle then a fighter might be better.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mii_duck

@scubydo - try a single handed weapon (swords are the fastest to use) in one hand, with magic in the other - swap between destruction and healing spells as you need so you can level all up. You can then be burning/freezing/healing and swinging your sword at the same time.

Single handed swords aren't as powerful as double handed weapons but you can use them quicker, and later on you can find glass etc or enchanted ones and craft them to high levels.

I tend to swap out my magic for a shield regularly, to level that up too.

That's just what suits how I play (full set of light Nightingale Armour too) but the joy is in experimenting.

I made my armour, shield and one-handed all legendary when they reached 100,which made for an interesting few hours as they drop down to level 15, but it helps increase your main level as you build them up again. I'm currently level 61 and haven't visited the Greybeards or started Dawnguard yet...

Mii_duck

KirbyTheVampire

Any play style is perfectly viable. I find that I generally have the most fun playing an assassin type character, though. The "warrior" style of combat in Skyrim can be kinda clunky and just generally isn't all that satisfying, but slitting throats and shooting people from the shadows is very fun, at least for me.

Magic can be pretty fun as well, and doing a mix of spells and melee is also enjoyable. It just depends on what you enjoy. They all work well.

KirbyTheVampire

Agriculture

Is the map in the physical release? I got this for PS3 way back when it was released and it came with an amazing map.

Agriculture

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic