Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,231

Eel

Thanks~

About funny glitches, the most I've seen besides twitchy npcs, was that for a while whenever I quicktraveled to falkreath a dragon skeleton (which relocated itself to the entrance of the town) would apparently try to get up and fly, but quickly realized it was dead and ended up physics-ing a bit instead.

It was very quick and it happened mostly behind my point of view though.

Also on time my character got stuck in a falling position and ended up floating around his house for a few seconds.

And for unfunny glitches, after I originally finished the namira quest and quicktraveled to the stone city (whatever was the name) to deliver a quest item (to one of the characters that attended the "party" at namira's temple), the game crashed.

After I reloaded the last save (it was after I quicktraveled), none of the characters involved in namira's quest returned to the city, and they weren't at the temple either. I had to load an older save and redo the quest.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LuckyLand

Talking about unfunny glitches, there are some annoying ones in certain quests. In one of those you have to speak to two different characters after completing it, but if you speak first to one of those two the quest will not be considered properly completed by the game, you can talk to the other character too but the quest will never be considered complete by the game and will be left in the "to do" list.

There is an enemy (the final boss of a side quest) that gets much more complicated to beat if your attacks are too strong. He is supposed to heal himself after you deplete a certain amount of his hp but if your attacks are too strong he won't fully recover and get stuck in his healing stance and since he is invulnerable that way you are almost stuck too. I say almost because there are some workarounds and even if those don't work at least on PC you can use console commands to get past this point (not funny but if there is nothing else you can do )
It happened to me but at least I was able to get past it using "soft" (no console commands needed) methods

About funny glitches, it happened to me twice to kill enemies that got stuck in things like doors (they were near a door, so I guess it was their placement overlapping with this object that caused that glitch) while they were dying and they kept moving in a creepy way, like they were still alive and had violent convulsions caused by intense pain. It was appropriate in a rather weird way for that situation beacause... you know... they just had been beaten to death lol.

Also, I once saw a mammoth fell from the sky O_O But I was rather used to see such things in the wilderness. It happened only once to me to see characters falling from the sky inside a city.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

gcunit

My first Skyrim outing has begun. Which button do you need to press to climb, and where do I need to go to find the paraglider?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Arcamenel

Nothing is funnier than sniping an animal and watch it slowly slide down the cliff side. It happened in BoTW too but for some reason it's just funnier in this game.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Mii_duck

@gcunit - exactly! I raged in frustration when I first started playing Skyrim, when faced with an incline I couldn't climb.

Then I saw a fox running around and thought "oh, familiar" ... you kinda see that the BOTW team played Skyrim and thought "what would we improve?"

This is my first Skyrim experience, and I must say I'm loving it, totally immersed. I find it uglier than BOTW, but there is so much depth to it.

Mii_duck

Ryu_Niiyama

@shaneoh They pay homage to that flight experiment in Skyrim as well. Ends the same for that guy too...

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JasmineDragon

I'm sorry (but really happy) to report that the glitch is gone before I took any pictures. I loaded my latest save, still had the staff-hand, but had the idea to just unequip both hands and it went away. Equipped again and we're fine.

I'm pretty sure I tried that before amd itndidn't work then, but maybe not. I get so tired in the evenings sometimes and the simplest things don't occur to me. Work is a beast, and the kids drive me batty.

Anyway, we're all good now, levelled up to 20. Currently pursuing the Companions quest at Deadman's Cairn. (Killed a few frost trolls at Labyrinthian but ran away before clearing. Those trolls are scary af.)

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Artonide

Playing this game all day long now. Love it <3 Made a Orc warrior. What are u guys playing ? and what perk/skill road are u going down ?

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

LuckyLand

@DennisNOR Alteration and Pickpocketing are very useful for every type of character imo because Alteration gives a bonus against magic attacks and Pickpocketing enables you to increase by 100 the weight you can carry. I have a nord I don't want to focus on a particular play stile I want him to be a jack of all trades but there are some skills I don't really use, like archery, pickpocketing, conjuration... I just train them too to increase my character's level but don't actually rely on them and their effects ingame.

Haru17

The Breath of the Wild team played Skyrim and thought "What could we steal while still missing the entire point?"

"Not the enemy variety and environmental storytelling, Miyamoto would find out and put bom-ombs in our engines!"

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

Breath of the Wild nailed it. The one thing they got from Skyrim was freedom to explore. And it's not like Bethesda invented and patented freedom so I wouldn't really call it stealing.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

@JaxonH Not in the real world. D’ya think the Zelda team just plucked the idea of having 3D and physics-rendered items and materials out of thin air?

Moreover, the ‘over 100 shrines’ line that marketing was touting heavily echoed how they sold Skyrim’s dungeons. Read interviews between Skyward Sword and E3 2016, Aonuma gave a ton of quotes about Skyrim.

JaxonH

@Haru17
Regardless of whether that's true or not (and it's a logical fallacy to say because quotes were given that means they 100% for sure took any given idea from a game- you don't know what they took from what, or what they originally thought and maybe looked at the game and decided to expound on their original ideas, we don't know). What I do know is it's absolutely ridiculous to claim a game stole something from another game. Games take inspiration all the time. Skyrim isn't the only game to do those things either. Nobody has a patent on physics rendered items.

Every single game that exists has taking inspiration from another game. Most cases multiple other games.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

@JaxonH Yes I remember studying that one in high school. The point is that the only one of their head creatives that gives English interviews was thinking about it.

In any case, it is an oversimplification to say "Skyrim and BotW both have versions of their enemies therefore they're the same." The way Skyrim works is that there's a base humanoid NPC type with access to all of the same actions and skills as your character (save the ones that don't make sense like illusion and lockpicking). Then there's a bunch of different creatures — spiders, trolls, steam spheres. There is variation within each of those types, but the level scaling system doesn't mean 'only `~15~ enemy types' like BotW.

JasmineDragon

Frankly, there are some striking similarities but they are very different games. You can definitely tell that someone played Skyrim (and we know they did, anyway) but the BotW team made their own thing using just a few ingredients from Skyrim.

And they are both great games.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

LuckyLand

JaxonH wrote:

Breath of the Wild nailed it. The one thing they got from Skyrim was freedom to explore. And it's not like Bethesda invented and patented freedom so I wouldn't really call it stealing.

I agree that Breath of the wild did not really steal anything since it is rather unique and can stand on its own legs, but it is absolutely true that BOTW completely missed the point of this kind of games imho. Breath of the wild completely miss the point of both traditional Zelda games and free roaming open world games, they really must do something about this in future games (they actually don't need to unfortunately, since everybody seem to adore BOTW despite this big flaw it has )

Edited on by LuckyLand

-Green-

I was watching a cool streamer who streams Skyrim Switch every week and the glitches and behavior in this game are pretty funny. The vampire chick especially just has such comedic timing. I think Serana was he name. Would just always do the most ridiculous of things.

I tried playing it again but I don’t think I can get in it. It’s fun to watch in free time though.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic