Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,234

Spanjard

@Haru17 Yup, the last one I did was a Falmer dungeon.(dwarven ruins) I took a drinken contest which literally took me to the far west! I talked to one wizard and before I knew it I was there.
The 2 before that were probably my own fault, those were around Solitude which is maybe a region too far for me yet.
But even with some other dungeons. I clearly beat the sh*t out of some of those bandits. But then at the end this leader puts his axe right there in my face.

Oh and thanks for answering the question I was about ask. I'm not really into crafting my own weapons and stuff. So i'm glad I can just wander around and actually find good stuff.

Oh well. So I just decided to go with it and pick up where I left off with the main quest. Time to meet some beards! Or so I thought.... Little did I know there was a dragon guarding the mountain, tolkien style, like a boss. That's where I left off. Not sure If I'm supposed to kill it or run up the mountain hoping he doesn't freeze me to death.

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

KirbyTheVampire

@Spanjard I've never encountered a dragon on my way up there. Sounds like you just had bad luck, lol. You could either kill it or try to run past.

By the way guys, if an NPC ever dies due to an animal attack or whatever and you don't want it to happen, just load your save and fast travel to a few other locations before you go back there, and you should be good. You guys probably already knew that, but I figured I'd say it in case anyone didn't, since NPCs dying absolutely kills me inside.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Spanjard

@KirbyTheVampire Yeah, I noticed. Because the dragon killed me and I went back there later and he wasn’t there. It was kinda awesome how he was following me on the mountain. I actually thought it was scripted.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

KirbyTheVampire

@Spanjard Yeah the dragon fights are cool, especially with that really guttural music that plays during the fights.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

I got a dragon fight on the 1000 steps on my very first character, never since. It definitely felt special then.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Deathwalka

Any first time skyrim players here??
And what do you think so far??

This is my 5 th time playing and I'm discovering skyrim anew, things I missed before. Playing in bed in the dark with headphones in is sooooo immersive that I'm playing 7 hours a night lol
This game is ridiculously big, there is just so much to do.

Also hoping we get some updates to the game, like adding things to the game, would love it if bethseda did this!?

Deathwalka

JaxonH

@Deathwalka
Me.

Well, technically I started on Xbox One but stopped playing once I made it to Riverwood when I heard it was coming to Switch.

So ya, it's got its claws into me now.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

I'd expect Creation Club content, and nothing else. Except Creation Club is hated, last I checked. I think it's quite telling that they were giving stuff away within a week or two of it's launch in Fallout 4.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

KirbyTheVampire

We won't be getting any new expansions for Skyrim, unfortunately. Outside of The Elder Scrolls Online, I won't be expecting to see anything Elder Scrolls related until Bethesda releases The Elder Scrolls VI, and who knows how far away that game is. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out late in the next console generation, which would really suck. A new ES game is long overdue. But I get that they don't just want to be the "Elder Scrolls and Fallout" company.

KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

@Snaplocket I don't know. Probably. I've only tried a little bit of Fallout 4, so I don't have much experience with it, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I love Bethesda more than most game companies, but their games are often pretty darn buggy when they first come out.

KirbyTheVampire

DarthNocturnal

Fallout 4 is still a tad buggy. Mostly crashing. At least on XB1. Not enough to ruin it, but enough that you wish they'd fine-tune it a bit more.

I have encountered a few false readings for settlement stats (i.e. they suddenly have no beds). And occasionally enemies going flying when I kill them.

Snaplocket

@DarthNocturnal As a side note, what's fallout like? Is it basically Elder Scrolls with guns or is it more of it's own thing? (beyond the setting of course)

Just finished Dawnguard (still not done with the main quest) and oh man, it's easily the best time since I've started this game, the plot, the characters, and new environments, the ending was anti-climatic but otherwise it was great. Don't see how anything else in this game can top it. (side note, 40 hours in)

Edited on by Snaplocket

Snaplocket

DarthNocturnal

@Snaplocket

Everything Fallout 3 and beyond pretty much is “Elder Scrolls with guns“. It does have it's own stat system (S.P.E.C.I.A.L) and obviously guns play the main role in combat (melee exists, but it's more of a “secondary weapon“ to fall back on), but they do share a lot of “DNA“, if that makes sense.

It's different enough that you may enjoy it even if you didn't enjoy Skyrim. I like them (F4 and Skyrim) both, personally.

KirbyTheVampire

I hear Fallout 4 is the worst Fallout game. I haven't played any of the others, but I would believe that, because what I did play didn't impress me very much.

Plus, I just can't stand the setting. The bland emptiness is so incredibly boring to look at.

KirbyTheVampire

Snaplocket

@KirbyTheVampire I'm not crazy about Skyrim's setting either but I DEFINITELY still prefer it over Fallout's post-apocalyptic universe.

Snaplocket

Deathwalka

It's funny, I hear a lot of people wish there were mods?
Now I had 72 mods downloaded lol when I was playing on my laptop and I gotta say, I'm kinda glad for now as I can experience skyrim properly at the pace it's meant to be.
What I mean by that is with mods, u get tempted to get awesome weapons and powers way to early without effort and it becomes boring and gamebreakinig! Many mods also had bugs so I don't know what the mods are like on PS4 or Xbox one? Some of the mods be nice it only things that add immersion and effects. So yeah I'm really enjoying playing as it is, and I'm actually taking my time and even reading all the books lol
P.s also captured some awesome kills on the video capture

Deathwalka

KirbyTheVampire

@Deathwalka I think mods are great for people who have already experienced the whole game and want to mess around with them, but for anyone else, I think the game is best left lightly modded or completely vanilla.

@Snaplocket Yep. I can't think of many other settings that are so boring and depressing. I know the games themselves are great, but still.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

DarthNocturnal

@KirbyTheVampire

Bland and empty is what I thought of 3. The surrounding area almost always looks like a giant brown mass with very little standing out. In 4, I can actually make out landmarks and the lay of the land. It's a brown world, but a better executed one, imo.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic